Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m still really uncertain on this figure. It came out great, and the matrix is one of my favorite movies of all time. But the rest of my collection is space/fantasy/superheroes/videogame characters/creatures etc. And while technically some that is sci-fi, every character is fantastical in one sense or the other. The lone completely normal human guy in a black trench coat with some guns is going to look out of place.

If I knew a companion figure was coming (either Trinity or Smith) to ground him a bit I’d be in... but as it stands, as much as I love it, I’m not certain I’ll be buying him just yet.
I'd say go for it. Neo can fit in with that crowd no problem. The Matrix is Sci-Fi/Robots and he is a bit of a "Super Hero" and the Anime influence is apparent which kinda goes with Video Games too.

As for my "theme" it's all Movies and I have kinda started a "Movie Figure Time Line"

You can see right next to 1998s Captain Miller and above 2009s Jake Sully I have a spot for Neo for my 1999 spot. (was recently Fight Clubs Durden, but I love Neo more so.)

It's quite a mix of everything, really.

I don't think you'll regret him once you have him. Screenshot_20190131-211821_Instagram.jpegScreenshot_20190131-211843_Instagram.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Her hair doesn't cover the neck where it meets the head and her costume doesn't cover where the neck meets the body. There is no way to hide the joint.

lol are you serious?

Not to change the subject but I'm interested to know how many of you plan on keeping the neck on your Neo wrapped up?

Always an interesting question: keep the wrap on, which totally ruins the look of your high-end collectible looking real... or remove it and risk staining on your doll, which you won't see but you'll know if there?

Dilemmas...

I'm probably going to try and soak the clothing. I haven't done it yet on a figure, but I think I'll be posing Neo enough that if a figure is going to get some body dying on, it's him.

I'd say go for it. Neo can fit in with that crowd no problem. The Matrix is Sci-Fi/Robots and he is a bit of a "Super Hero" and the Anime influence is apparent which kinda goes with Video Games too.

I'm probably stretching here but arguably Neo is a cyborg, although that side of him isn't visible on this figure, which is (again arguably) a video game character... Isn't the Matrix itself one vast video game? [emoji6]

Personally I'm not sure where my Neo will be going in my collection but I did notice I had a slightly worrying amount of "dudes dressed in black" (Heavy Armoured Cop Dredd, The Crow, The Terminator) so I'll probably put him with them...

I'm probably stretching here but arguably Neo is a cyborg...

I argued this very point long ago when this section, Aliens and Robots, was still being created. People actually used the Matrix as an example of something that doesn't fit the "alien or robot" category. I don't think its a stretch at all. In fact, Neo is the Ghost in the Machine. The character that everyone loves is a "machine" - a self-image manipulated and, ironically, enhanced by the machine if you know how to use it. He's a 'machine' that wants to be set free.

In sci-fi, isn't the heroic element to almost every story about the Humanity within the Machine?

I'm probably stretching here but arguably Neo is a cyborg, although that side of him isn't visible on this figure, which is (again arguably) a video game character... Isn't the Matrix itself one vast video game? [emoji6]

Personally I'm not sure where my Neo will be going in my collection but I did notice I had a slightly worrying amount of "dudes dressed in black" (Heavy Armoured Cop Dredd, The Crow, The Terminator) so I'll probably put him with them...
Good point. It's like one big Virtual Reality Game. [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Interesting we have not yet seen anyone get notice....its been a while since those initial pics...

Hell he is parted out on eBay already...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Interesting we have not yet seen anyone get notice....its been a while since those initial pics...

Hell he is parted out on eBay already...

Well see there, my post was magic

Got mine today, the sunglasses broke in half, as soon as i tried to put them on. :gah:

They should really make them from a softer plastic. I will now have to order a new set off ebay, as soon as the Chinese New year is over.

Got mine today, the sunglasses broke in half, as soon as i tried to put them on. :gah:

They should really make them from a softer plastic. I will now have to order a new set off ebay, as soon as the Chinese New year is over.

Those should have been made of metal.....

Always an interesting question: keep the wrap on, which totally ruins the look of your high-end collectible looking real... or remove it and risk staining on your doll, which you won't see but you'll know if there?

Dilemmas...

I never get the people who worry about a stain in a area they won't see.

Back