Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will only get Neo, Smith and Morpheus. I don't see how Trinity can be made without exposed joints so she would be a definite pass for me.

I used to think I had high standards when it came to joints but I've got nothing on you. If I was going so far as to buy 3 major characters from a given movie I wouldn't let some exposed joints stop me from buying the only other major character.

Although, if you have her wearing the jacket you wouldn't see any joints unless they also give her a ball-joint head.

Its not like HT has not done seemless before...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I think most people would pose her doing her slowmo kick.

Jlj0MBB.jpg

Sadly even if HT made a Trinity you probably wouldn't want to risk damaging the outfit by doing that pose. They'd have to include a switch-out lower half, which we know they won't do.

I’m still really uncertain on this figure. It came out great, and the matrix is one of my favorite movies of all time. But the rest of my collection is space/fantasy/superheroes/videogame characters/creatures etc. And while technically some that is sci-fi, every character is fantastical in one sense or the other. The lone completely normal human guy in a black trench coat with some guns is going to look out of place.

If I knew a companion figure was coming (either Trinity or Smith) to ground him a bit I’d be in... but as it stands, as much as I love it, I’m not certain I’ll be buying him just yet.

Until Smith arrives (if he arrives), I will probably pair Neo with my other one-of-a-kind movie characters, like Egon and Mad Max.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

It would be great if HT gives Smith but if they don't, I'll still have Neo since I'm trying to pick up one of figures to represent pop culture movies I love

Until Smith arrives (if he arrives), I will probably pair Neo with my other one-of-a-kind movie characters, like Egon and Mad Max.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Same here. He will have his own shelf for a while...but may end up with my V for Vendetta figure

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

BBTS charging sales tax to NY after Feb 3rd. Gonna have to buy this and future HT from Sideshow now.

I wonder how long it'll take the smaller shops like Timewalker to start charging sales tax. Eventually for the more expensive figures it might make sense to order overseas if the math works out. eBay already is a better option if they drop during coupon time.

I used to think I had high standards when it came to joints but I've got nothing on you. If I was going so far as to buy 3 major characters from a given movie I wouldn't let some exposed joints stop me from buying the only other major character.

Although, if you have her wearing the jacket you wouldn't see any joints unless they also give her a ball-joint head.

Her hair doesn't cover the neck where it meets the head and her costume doesn't cover where the neck meets the body. There is no way to hide the joint.

BBTS charging sales tax to NY after Feb 3rd. Gonna have to buy this and future HT from Sideshow now.

Eventually all over will be taxes. Sideshow is probably going to do the same soon. I need to order that hush Superman before that happens.

Not to change the subject but I'm interested to know how many of you plan on keeping the neck on your Neo wrapped up?

Always an interesting question: keep the wrap on, which totally ruins the look of your high-end collectible looking real... or remove it and risk staining on your doll, which you won't see but you'll know if there?

Dilemmas...

Back