Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
55760ECC-6224-4484-B3B9-546FB904F163.jpeg

Took a page out of davejames’s book and tried to go a frame further:

1973FC86-F2F9-40BF-8822-A0178B6180E4.jpg
A1A626C2-5260-4220-9B42-08C7704BC2F7.jpg

Did so because he’s the only SW figure I have with a green bladed saber, so I want to have the blade showing no matter what. This guy is kind of difficult to land on one pose that I really like, so I think I’ll try this one for awhile and see how I like it.

Very nice, SilverStar. :clap

I had the same problem with him. Much like Hoth Leia, I kept changing the poses until I got one I liked as the “permanent.”

Thanks! :duff

Unfortunately, after posting that image, I went to put him back in the display cabinet and the saber blade was too tall to fit. :slap

So I had to change him up again to something temporary until I can watch some RotJ clips and see if I can find another pose I really like. Which is a bummer because I did like that previous one, but I do want the blade out.

I’m had that same problem with Hoth Leia as well. She’s on her second pose right now for me, but I’m always on the lookout for new poses that I might like.

So I was cleaning my figures and I noticed that Luke's neck had some stains. Luckily I was able to remove them but I noticed that they were kind of sticky. There seems to be some glue holding a thin piece of foam around the neck. I'll probably put something around the neck to hopefully prevent it form happening again. I also checked the hands because the sleeve has been resting on it and there doesn't seem to be any stains.

Its really a great figure with TONs of posing options, but I cant help but feel a little cheated.

Why would HT NOT make this a DX release? One of the most iconic characters in film history......

Instead we get Maul? I guy with 5 total minutes of screen time in 10 films? And with a bad second sculpt and a 400 dollar price point?

They could have easily added a second hair sculpt (and I firmly believe this was the initial intent) a helmet , poncho and a second sculpt even for very little extra work AND very little extra cost.

But no......we get Maul.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Its really a great figure with TONs of posing options, but I cant help but feel a little cheated.

Why would HT NOT make this a DX release? One of the most iconic characters in film history......

Instead we get Maul? I guy with 5 total minutes of screen time in 10 films? And with a bad second sculpt and a 400 dollar price point?

They could have easily added a second hair sculpt (and I firmly believe this was the initial intent) a helmet , poncho and a second sculpt even for very little extra work AND very little extra cost.

But no......we get Maul.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I can only agree with that.

I think that quote sums it up, Luke is iconic and can sell multiple separate figures, Maul might be able to, but being he only had one costume the whole movie, it's a tougher sell, thus we get 2 Lukes and 1 DX Maul.

To any of you "Luke" guys....you know who you are....what does the MMS297 wig look like on this sculpt (if it even fits)? Wondering if the likeness, despite being older, is worth replacing any of the ANH options. I know the DX is possible, but rough, but the eyes don't really help that one. It really shows him as older and doesn't work for me personally. Jedi seems a tad softer than Bespin, so I'm curious. Plus the open mouth might help with that overstimulated look of wonder he had, maybe. I know this guy has a neck, but necks are meant to be chopped. Sorry if I missed an earlier post if it's been shown already by any chance.

Not entirely related, but good news to Luke fans, they just announced Mark Hamill will be back for Episode IX. Not that that's any surprise.

Not entirely related, but good news to Luke fans, they just announced Mark Hamill will be back for Episode IX. Not that that's any surprise.

Time to start working on your 1/6 Force ghost figure technology. Get on it Hot Toys.

Back