Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hair looks pretty much same to me, figure came out amazing.

attachment.php

PD1499946459G8G.jpg

I just realized they only have the one gloved hand, which is the fist. If you want his gloved hand holding the saber, you have to use the light up arm. That's kind of lame. Looks like it's easy to switch out, judging by the video.

Overall it's not as impressive as the Anakin figure that just came out, but it's a solid representation of Luke. Probably the best I've seen from Hot Toys so far.

I just realized they only have the one gloved hand, which is the fist. If you want his gloved hand holding the saber, you have to use the light up arm. That's kind of lame. Looks like it's easy to switch out, judging by the video.

Overall it's not as impressive as the Anakin figure that just came out, but it's a solid representation of Luke. Probably the best I've seen from Hot Toys so far.

It doesn’t bother me that much because the LED gloved hand is still fully posable looks like and then I can always flick off the switch because the sleeve will cover it up.

Only thing that will be compromised is trying to recreate Luke conjuring the hilt to his gloved hand using the force . But that’s a minor nitpick :wink1:

The pics had me worried, but that video got me back on board. Can't wait to get this from BBTS in the fall if this is following the new tiny batch shipment system.

Yep, was same for me. From some angles he doesn't seem quite right. But in general it's a solid figure.

Video also helped a lot. He certainly has a lot of pose options !! I guess if these guys have him it's only a couple of months until I have mine in my grubby little hands.

Love this shot, looks most like an actual human being. I don't currently have him on order, but this looks like I might have to cave.

I’m glad there is still an option of the cloth belt wrapping over the belt like in the film for the skiff battle and Jabba’s palace. I think the only time he was wearing the belt on top of the tunic was the Endor party and when he spoke with Leia

Last edited:

Yup, you're right... A big fail in my opinion...

cbBizKP.png

Hopefully the shirt can be removed easily and refitted a bit tighter :pray:

In the video review that DarkChocobi posted, it kinda looks like HT made the shirt and pants into a one-piece. My guess is that there's yet another unnecessary layer of padding over this Luke body (as with HT Farmboy and Bespin versions). So, the one-piece suit is bigger/bulkier than it needs to be in order to fit over the torso padding, and can't be simply tucked tighter if it is indeed a one-piece outfit.

I just don't understand the repeated use of padding for Luke. It makes sense for FA/TLJ Luke, but did '83 Hamill (as seen below) look like his figure would ever need to be made bulkier? Strange choice, IMO.

LukeROTJ.jpg

That sucks one piece suit? :pfft:

Oh well . We’ll see in hand

I can’t wait to see some clever photo shop people recreating these moments when they start posting their pics here :lol

You know I’ll try my best :lol

Wish I got Boba, so I can do this display

Oh well, looking to see what people try

I’m on my 3rd Payment with SS . TAKE MY MONEY I WANT THIS FIGURE NOWWWWWW

To bad he was killed off like a disgruntle postal worker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figure looks great, albeit a little T H I C C. But I don't mind, looks proportionate from the side at least. I'm pretty sure someone will come out with a mod or something.

Back