Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a not only a day one PO for me, but an hour one PO for me. Probably even a minute one. :lol

Overall, it's a well done figure. The sculpt is great; not dead on perfect, but I think it's a very good iteration of RotJ Luke. I think the expression does fit his facial expression that he wore often in the film. What matters though is how the final product sculpt turns out, so I'll hold off on saying where it ranks as far as Luke sculpts go. I think it's cool that it comes with three different looks in one. Personally I think trying to include the Endor look wouldn't have been feasible, and would probably be better suited as a separate release for accuracy.

The moving blade is a nice touch and something different, but I personally think would probably look a little corny.

Does anyone know the promo code for this month as SSC by the way?

This is amazing!!!

It has to be at least $250.

It looks like a separate hairpiece so I wonder if the sculpt will be reused/tweaked for the Endor version.

Also can't believe there isn't an exlusive for this. Gonna be a huge seller!

$230 would be ideal but I have a feeling it'll be $240-$250 considering the Deluxe Death Trooper and Stormie Han prices

This is a not only a day one PO for me, but an hour one PO for me. Probably even a minute one. :lol

Overall, it's a well done figure. The sculpt is great; not dead on perfect, but I think it's a very good iteration of RotJ Luke. I think the expression does fit his facial expression that he wore often in the film. I think it's cool that it comes with three different looks in one. Personally I think trying to include the Endor look wouldn't have been feasible, and would probably be better suited as a separate release for accuracy.

The moving blade is a nice touch and something different, but I personally think would probably look a little corny.

Maybe they'll do a Deluxe version with the addition of the Endor look. It would only need to be a Parka and helmet. They could even replace the base with an Endor look.

ANH Luke came with a bunch of accessories as well and it was $229.99. I think this one could be between that and $239.99. Hoping anyway.

Really nice looking figure. Sadly probably a pass since current HT and even SSC prices on their 1/6 figures over the last several years has caused me to stop collecting but a 1/6 ESB/ROTJ Vader may be an exception.

Back