Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, there’s some nice angles to this and it’s still a solid sculpt, the profile view does look a bit stretched though.
I find that is a common issue with HT headsculpts. I suspect it has to do with the uniformity of HT necks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Thanks ! I think the portrait HT did with Jedi Luke is the best out there in my opinion, the problem is the open mouth they got wrong.

Not a 10 out of 10, but still by far the best representation of RotJ Luke out there.

IMG_20190806_225706975.jpg

Here is my latest ROTJ luke headsculpt from Inigou, please follow my IG boyslovetoys_

Thank you

728b9e6a48e7d569b194ea481c4a0b95.jpg
279999078ad89a85d2a4cc43d7a74bb2.jpg
c37a731c7981be18b7c1383933a9b7ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa! I think that face sculpt is outstanding!! And the brighter eyes than the HT one definitely help sell the Hamill likeness better too.

Congrats on this one; very nice!

Not a 10 out of 10, but still by far the best representation of RotJ Luke out there.

View attachment 463772

This is a good angle as well.

Thanks ! I think the portrait HT did with Jedi Luke is the best out there in my opinion, the problem is the open mouth they got wrong.

Yeah, I noticed a lot of the best photos of the sculpt are when the shadows sort of obscure the teeth.

Whoa! I think that face sculpt is outstanding!! And the brighter eyes than the HT one definitely help sell the Hamill likeness better too.

Congrats on this one; very nice!

Yeah, excellent paint job on a very nice sculpt, think it works better than the ESB hair he also included — love the added life with the side eyes. I would agree with others though that the neck is maybe looking a touch long.

Yeah, excellent paint job on a very nice sculpt, think it works better than the ESB hair he also included — love the added life with the side eyes. I would agree with others though that the neck is maybe looking a touch long.

True, the neck does seem to be a bit too long. But on that particular figure, a customization might be as easy as putting some padding on the trapezius area under the shirt to lift the collar higher on the neck.

That sort of fix might even make the body shape look more accurate to Hamill in the ROTJ costume. His traps (trapz?) seem kinda angular enough in the pic below that padding there might be advantageous anyway.

LukeROTJ01.jpg

Here is my latest ROTJ luke headsculpt from Inigou, please follow my IG boyslovetoys_

Thank you

728b9e6a48e7d569b194ea481c4a0b95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might be some lens distortion but it almost feels like there's too much hair volume and not enough jawline in this sculpt, even if it's definitely one of Inigou's better efforts. Love the paint work.

Kinda feel like an idiot but I found a loose gloved saber holding hand from the Sideshow figure on eBay. Paid $20 for it which is a lot for just a hand. Better than the alternative of feeling like I?m going to break the arm or rip the shirt trying to interchange the arm though.

Still find it ridiculous Hot Toys didn?t include one with this figure or the upcoming deluxe Jedi Luke.

Kinda feel like an idiot but I found a loose gloved saber holding hand from the Sideshow figure on eBay. Paid $20 for it which is a lot for just a hand. Better than the alternative of feeling like I?m going to break the arm or rip the shirt trying to interchange the arm though.

Still find it ridiculous Hot Toys didn?t include one with this figure or the upcoming deluxe Jedi Luke.

I just use Mauls glove, it works well with it

Got the gloved saber gripping hand from the Sideshow figure. Sad to say I?m not really happy with it. It looks gigantic compared with the other hands. It seems longer and the end of the glove that connects to the wrist is wider. Just doesn?t look right. Not only that but it doesn?t do the best job of gripping the saber.

I just use Mauls glove, it works well with it
Might have to keep an eye out for one of these instead.

Difficult to fathom how HT did not include a gloved saber-gripping hand, with either release. As if the notion that there’d be people who wouldn’t want to use the LED saber arm did not occur to them at all.

“It’s RotJ Luke. Who wouldn’t want to light up that green saber!?”

Back