Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work Hrguerra! Sounds like about the same thing I did with mine.

As for the Velcro, it's just a matter of removing one of the tabs and restitching it further down the belt so you can have a lighter fit.

The first time I removed everything I cut the upper part of the fatsuit and removed it. I’ve seen some just cut the middle section but that leaves Luke with a slim waist and broad shoulders, fine for Captain America, not Luke Skywalker. I think the padded suit can be entirely removed non-destructively but the leg section is fine. The sides around the waist have even more padding for some reason and I failed to remove it, and the shirt was a bit looser than I’d like so I removed everything a second time. With the extra padding gone and some sewing, the final look was much better.

Maybe other will prefer the other look. This is more to my liking:

View attachment 440128

I don’t have a picture with a clear look of the padded look, but here it’s noticeable:

This pic has the look of a full-size SW exhibit - like a life-size Luke.

As for the Velcro, it's just a matter of removing one of the tabs and restitching it further down the belt so you can have a lighter fit.

Ok thanks davejames, makes sense.

Was it yourself who cut the stitch to remove the tunic or did you manage to get it over his head and shoulders? Any tips?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to slim my luke down but was unable to remove the tunic top over the shoulders for fear of tearing it. I managed to pull it up enough to remove the mid section but as mentioned above he now has a body builder look with slim waist and big chest and shoulders.
I read in a previous post that some one cut the stitches on the flap of the tunic and was then able to remove it like a shirt rather than over the head. I am happy to do that to remove it and will then sew the inner seams to make it fit better. Question is how do you then sew it back closed once the tunic is back on?
Also what are people doing about the belt as mine only just touches the Velcro now he’s thinner?
Any help would be appreciated

Other than removing the boots (I have the Batman Begins Batman with the spontaneously broken feet pegs) removing the tunic was the most nerve wrecking part. I pulled the arms all the way up rotating the shoulders and then slid it off and in my case the stitching held up. It's something that can be done, just be careful and if you feel something is about to rip then stop and try something else.

As for the belt, once I went back (this time without removing the tunic) and I added the extra bit of cloth to smooth things out, the belt and the pants' waistline fit better. It wasn't completely tight, which is how the movie costume was.

Sorry for not giving the proper credit before but yes, it sounds like what you did because I was following your advice from several pages back. So thanks, man!

Not that anyone cares but I found a great way to remove boot pegs stuck in the boots. If your a picky on like me, you don’t want to risk damaging the peg or stretching the boot with pliers.
You simply take a long piece of wire (the wire that’s covered with clear plastic and used to hold down dolls and toys works great) and make a little “noose.”
Loop it around the peg and start twisting. You twist and twist the wire till the noose tightens around the peg. Then you just carefully yank the peg out. The peg will be in the wire noose and guaranteed fool proof- no damage.

Why is this useful? It’s SO much easier to guide a foot peg into a boot hole than trying to align the leg on to the peg inside the boot where it moves around upon insertion. :)

Not that anyone cares but I found a great way to remove boot pegs stuck in the boots. If your a picky on like me, you don’t want to risk damaging the peg or stretching the boot with pliers.
You simply take a long piece of wire (the wire that’s covered with clear plastic and used to hold down dolls and toys works great) and make a little “noose.”
Loop it around the peg and start twisting. You twist and twist the wire till the noose tightens around the peg. Then you just carefully yank the peg out. The peg will be in the wire noose and guaranteed fool proof- no damage.

Why is this useful? It’s SO much easier to guide a foot peg into a boot hole than trying to align the leg on to the peg inside the boot where it moves around upon insertion. :)

Excellent! Thanks!

Was it yourself who cut the stitch to remove the tunic or did you manage to get it over his head and shoulders? Any tips?

Thanks

It's been awhile, but I don't think I needed to remove that one stitch on the front. Like Hrguerra says, it's just a matter of taking it slow and moving the shoulders in first before pulling it off. But these outfits (especially the HT ones) are a lot tougher than you might think, and I usually take them off and on quite a bit during my mods without anything getting damaged or ripped in the process.

I removed that stitch.
But i was always intending to retailor the tunic and taking it in on two places meant it would never go on over the shoulders afterwards. That stitch is easy to remove and also easy to replace.

I removed that stitch.
But i was always intending to retailor the tunic and taking it in on two places meant it would never go on over the shoulders afterwards. That stitch is easy to remove and also easy to replace.

Ok, thanks username[emoji106]

Inigo Sculpt in the house!

Fixing where HT dropped the God damn ball.
Off to the painter now!
Its going to be epic! FB_IMG_1547689085594.jpegFB_IMG_1547689074656.jpegFB_IMG_1547689062491.jpegFB_IMG_1547689067727.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Looks awesome unpainted. Hope it's the same painted.:pray: Much better than the HT windswept portrait.

Love the VHS cassette box art subtly showing the scene in the background of your last pic.:clap

How much is it going to be all up - head, paint and shipping to and fro?

^^ Congrats, can’t wait to see it painted!
Looks awesome unpainted. Hope it's the same painted.:pray: Much better than the HT windswept portrait.

Love the VHS cassette box art subtly showing the scene in the background of your last pic.:clap

How much is it going to be all up - head, paint and shipping to and fro?
Thanks [emoji482][emoji482]

Sculpt and paint and shipping going to be more than the deluxe figure itself. [emoji2962]

But it's going to be worth it. [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

The worst part will be the wait.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Read it again.
m.

Perhaps it was the word “enumerated” that befuddled you.....

The sooner we start asking for headsculpts with seamlessly articulated necks, or seamless wrists with durable, realistically bendable hands, the sooner they will feature in our figs
m.

So after having all of these things that you..hmm..listed (that might be more your speed), you’ll be completely satisfied with the quality of your figs?

m.

Back