Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
group shot of my Luke collection! this is the Yunsil outfit with HT accessories. Also modded this great HT sculpt to work with the HT empire figure

Kw61jjC.jpg

group shot of my Luke collection! this is the Yunsil outfit with HT accessories. Also modded this great HT sculpt to work with the HT empire figure

Kw61jjC.jpg

Nice to see the evolution of Luke. I still love my dx7 Lukes too. I have Jedi Luke on the way. I like the Bespin Luke with Jedi head. What all did you have to do to make the hair fit?

I’ve personally never cared for the Jnix ANH Luke sculpt (even more so than the HT sculpt), and I don’t really think the expression on the RotJ Luke sculpt fits ESB Luke. But to each their own, of course.

Only ROTJ Luke looks good here. What happened with ANH Luke eye there? Really funny looking. I prefer better original head on Bespin Luke. Cant wait to get rotj Luke. To bad that Popcultcha getting slow these figures.

I’ve personally never cared for the Jnix ANH Luke sculpt (even more so than the HT sculpt), and I don’t really think the expression on the RotJ Luke sculpt fits ESB Luke. But to each their own, of course.

Under certain lighting the JNIX Luke can look decent. The eyes are a bit odd, but Chillipep has a great paint-up of it. Possibly Silentsurfer.

I always like Chillipep's collection pics. They have a nice high-end vibe and a great attention to detail.

Only ROTJ Luke looks good here. What happened with ANH Luke eye there? Really funny looking. I prefer better original head on Bespin Luke. Cant wait to get rotj Luke. To bad that Popcultcha getting slow these figures.

Yeah, I really love to see the ROTJ head/ESB hair combo but the sculpt feels very Luke in ROTJ to me. His face is fairly boyish in SW and ESB, but by ROTJ he was looking noticeably older.

Still, would love to see more pics of the combo, because it's the first thing I thought of when I got my ROTJ Luke. I wonder if the ESB hair just squeezes on or if there's any carving of the ROTJ head that's necessary.

I felt very lucky that the SSC Red Five Luke hair fitted right onto the HT Luke farmboy head. I was never a fan of that HT headsculpt, but with the new hair on it, I like it better. It may have mostly been the copper melon that was the problem.

It's always fascinating to see hairpiece swaps on these figures. Hair is a tough thing to get right, both in sculpt and paint, even for the likes of HT.

Thanks for the kind words fellas. I agree the sculpt is certainly Jedi - era specific, but the hot toys empire head looks more like Ellen than it does any version of Mark Hamil.. this made for a nice and easy upgrade. HT truly slayed it with their ROTJ Luke.

And also yep that’s a silentsurfer paint on that Luke, one of the only few I have of his in the collection.

That’s the exact OT evolution I have: ANH (farmboy/Binary Sunset pose) - ESB (duel on Cloud City) - RotJ (Jedi).

I also have TFA Luke and will have TLJ. So a full evolution of Luke.

Thanks for the kind words fellas. I agree the sculpt is certainly Jedi - era specific, but the hot toys empire head looks more like Ellen than it does any version of Mark Hamil.. this made for a nice and easy upgrade. HT truly slayed it with their ROTJ Luke.

And also yep that’s a silentsurfer paint on that Luke, one of the only few I have of his in the collection.

:lol I once said it reminded me of Alien 3 Ripley when the hair is removed.

that Yunsil outfit looks superior compare to Hot Toys stock

Yup. Looks really good, the scaling looks a bit less to scale than the HT version but so much closer to the original materials. Yunsil did a really great job on that one, not shocked now that I got my first outfit of hers (Leia). Thanks to chilipep no less.

That’s the exact OT evolution I have: ANH (farmboy/Binary Sunset pose) - ESB (duel on Cloud City) - RotJ (Jedi).

I also have TFA Luke and will have TLJ. So a full evolution of Luke.

I’d like that but am dissatisfied with the first two offerings. Currently have Stormtrooper Luke, Snowpeeder Luke, and ROTJ.

Back