1/6 Hot Toys - MMS416 - Thor: Ragnarok - Thor (Road Worn) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having seen the movie, I believe this figure is going to jump up on people want list big style. The opening is great. I have mine on order now after last night.

For the short time he has the hammer in the film fighting Sur in the beginning, is he really a beast?

Man I may have to grab this. I love how he looks with the hood on and I don't have a 1/6 Thor yet.

Got mine this afternoon. A solid “B” figure. The stand they included sucks because the crotch grabber won’t work without damaging the fabric on the back of his costume...so that’s pretty dumb. I was hoping to do a flying pose like some of the promo shots. The details on the costume are solid, but don’t really stand out as a top-notch design. Maybe it’s accurate to the movie, but I’ve skipped all the trailers so far.

I’m not one to complain about figure stands (as I rarely use them), but this one was a bummer when I planned to duplicate the flying pose from the promo pics. So I guess that stands out to me most. I wish we got a bendy stand with the waist grabber.

7d83895201dc30b8f41441de6c1310b2.jpeg

So apparently mine shipped Monday but I got this message from UPS:

‘Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed. / Delivery will be rescheduled.’

Anyone ever get this message before? I need to call them tomorrow.

So apparently mine shipped Monday but I got this message from UPS:

‘Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed. / Delivery will be rescheduled.’

Anyone ever get this message before? I need to call them tomorrow.

I’d just wait a day or two and check the tracking. If something looks off, contact them then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People are so impatient and don't understand how the courier systems work. The estimated delivery date is an estimate. I've had packages arrive a day earlier and a day later.

People are so impatient and don't understand how the courier systems work. The estimated delivery date is an estimate. I've had packages arrive a day earlier and a day later.

Impatient? I got an email with a status I’d never seen before on the day it shipped so I asked a question. Thanks for the response though.

I’d just wait a day or two and check the tracking. If something looks off, contact them then.

Been in the same status since Monday night so I’ll give them a call in the morning if it hasn’t updated. I’ve had packages delayed but it’s not usually on the same day it ships. Just thought that was a little weird.

Impatient? I got an email with a status I’d never seen before on the day it shipped so I asked a question. Thanks for the response though.

Been in the same status since Monday night so I’ll give them a call in the morning if it hasn’t updated. I’ve had packages delayed but it’s not usually on the same day it ships. Just thought that was a little weird.

He's saying UPS already sent you a notice about the delay, with an explanation that already answered your question.. Just wait.

In my case I'm dreading the UPS guy turning up and demanding physical cash on delivery. (Taxes) Whilst it's less painful than Parcelfarce's "let's send an invoice via snail mail 3rd class technique" (with no way to pay beforehand without the invoice reference number, despite the tracking number taunting you with precisely how long it will be until customs send the parcel back...) it's quite an annoying method when most of the other private courier firms just send an email with an invoice. Physical cash is a bit of a rarity these days!

Ahem, still I'm very much looking forward to getting this guy in hand! He looks fantastic in the owner photos we've seen so far, and by all accounts Ragnarok is excellent. (Seeing it on Saturday woo!) It'll be great to finally have a Thor to go with Loki. Terribly I've not much liked Thor's costumes until now, but with Loki they hit the nail immediately. Hopefully the QC difference between the Avengers-era HS and the Ragnarok one isn't too striking.

(Hopefully apart from Iron Man - and allowances for unexpectedly falling in love with new character looks (Blonde Widow might be joining my group.) I should be able to be fairly laid back about the massive Infinity War set that's looming ever closer on the basis of the Ragnarok and GotG2 batch. Just need to decide if I can get over my dislike of MCU Cap and Bucky to add the Cap-centric characters for completions-sake at this stage aka Falcon, Bucky and Cap.)

I got mine early yesterday. Haven’t had that much time to pose him around, but I’m really liking how he looks. He’s been growing on me since I opened it. He looks great with the Surtur skull on his back. I didn’t think I’d go with that look very much, but now that I’ve tried it out it’s a pretty cool way to display him.

Unfortunately not much lateral movement in the legs as the leather outfit parts on the side of the hips are made of a stiff plastic.

Here’s a couple of pictures:

4ae143c9d7004df475f5ae7bb79dbd5f.jpg

3d35a2e6ce81a9daca9d8532c7445bd6.jpg

Two more:

Nice. Looks like I made the right choice for my first Thor with this grittier look. SSC is processing mine but no big rush - I gotta paint up the Phicen huntress base I'm gonna use with him. I kinda wish he was more blonde but that's a minor nit.

Noice Indy! Yeah I personally like the skull on the back look as well. While the pants don't let the legs move laterally as you said I'm surprised at how far forward they could get (about 75 degrees), as well as the full double jointed knee motion.

I got mine in yesterday as well but I don't have a nice camera or the lighting for it haha. I'll count on y'all to share better pics! But definitely loving this fella :viking

I got mine early yesterday. Haven’t had that much time to pose him around, but I’m really liking how he looks. He’s been growing on me since I opened it. He looks great with the Surtur skull on his back. I didn’t think I’d go with that look very much, but now that I’ve tried it out it’s a pretty cool way to display him.

Unfortunately not much lateral movement in the legs as the leather outfit parts on the side of the hips are made of a stiff plastic.

Here’s a couple of pictures:

Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the comments guys! Sassafrass, I think you’ll look this one. It would’ve been my first Thor as well, but I had to go for the armored Thor from TDW a couple months ago. I wanted one armored and one sleeveless. I like the contrast of the TDW version, but I like the sleeveless outfit and skull with this one.

Noice Indy! Yeah I personally like the skull on the back look as well. While the pants don't let the legs move laterally as you said I'm surprised at how far forward they could get (about 75 degrees), as well as the full double jointed knee motion.

I got mine in yesterday as well but I don't have a nice camera or the lighting for it haha. I'll count on y'all to share better pics! But definitely loving this fella :viking

Yes it does have good forward range of motion indeed. I was comparing it to the promotional pictures and it can pull off those bent-leg poses well.

I’m just using my iPhone to take my pictures, with natural light and a black poster/cardboard sheet for the background. I just set them up in different parts of the house depending on the angle of the sun to try and get the best lighting. [emoji106]

Here’s a comparison next to The Dark World version. Not the greatest pic though:

dd022991ffb5724a93228bc78f54a073.jpg

Mine turned up today - despite all of the positive reviews I'm pleasantly surprised, in hand the weathering is stunning. The HS looks absolutely fine in hand (bar his brunette locks), and the skull is a surprisingly awesome accessory. I'd been planning to keep it in the box but it's looking like Thor will be permanently lugging it around.

I'm less put-off by the arms than I thought I would be, but I still kinda wish they'd gone with the 90° joint that's on Predators Royce, Arc Reactor Tony Stark, Mechanic Tony Stark and the latest Hawkeye rather than the seamless route. I'm going to have to be a bit more creative than usual to get the two straight arms into a dynamic looking pose.

Back