1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Standard. I've heard the term packout, but don't know what it means. Can you explain?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

basically double boxed, so there is no label on the shipper, and it comes in an outer box that doesn't spell out the contents like the shipper does. Wondering if they didn't add that on for me now, considering the prices your guys' shipping.

I've never noticed that as an option. Do you have to ask specifically for that and what's the upgrade charge. I've been buying from sideshow since 2011 and never knew I could so this! Great idea

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yea I think it's something you have to ask for. I emailed them a while back with order numbers asking for the pack-outs, they said if you request it, you can have all orders and future orders automatically have pack-outs. I think it's 10 bucks extra

checked my UPS acct... still nothing from SS on this!

they are def adding to their bottom line by over inflating shipping... some people on this board think it is acceptable... not this guy.

it's theft, overcharging, and lies.

as i posted before in the drax thread... i was charged $21 for drax. SS gets decent discounts from ups. i shipped a drax back... cost me $15 for the identical return shipping! so logic dictates that at minimum i was over charged 40% on shipping... probably more since theirs would be cheaper!!!

further more... they have a weight of drax on their site as 5 lbs. i weighed the box straight from my doorstep... it weighs 3.6 lbs. so i don't know what planet some folks are on when they don't call clear cut over charging of 1.4 lbs theft or lies!

best to just go elsewhere if you can as there are so many other options for the normal stuff at so much better rates and shipping methods. hell, the packages i get from popcultcha arrive better protected and quicker and cheaper... and they are 1/2 way around the globe!!!

"stuck at the port". Starting to sound like their standard excuse to keep the blame off them.

Maybe it's true, maybe it's not.
Wish I had a friend who works at Sideshow to give me internal details.

So that's what it is. My last payment is $116 and I just got a email that it's $135. So I assumed it's cause of shipping. I need to make sure ups doesn't do the same thing with my bvs superman.

checked my UPS acct... still nothing from SS on this!

they are def adding to their bottom line by over inflating shipping... some people on this board think it is acceptable... not this guy.

it's theft, overcharging, and lies.

as i posted before in the drax thread... i was charged $21 for drax. SS gets decent discounts from ups. i shipped a drax back... cost me $15 for the identical return shipping! so logic dictates that at minimum i was over charged 40% on shipping... probably more since theirs would be cheaper!!!

further more... they have a weight of drax on their site as 5 lbs. i weighed the box straight from my doorstep... it weighs 3.6 lbs. so i don't know what planet some folks are on when they don't call clear cut over charging of 1.4 lbs theft or lies!

best to just go elsewhere if you can as there are so many other options for the normal stuff at so much better rates and shipping methods. hell, the packages i get from popcultcha arrive better protected and quicker and cheaper... and they are 1/2 way around the globe!!!

I don't buy from them nearly as much anymore. If it's not an exclusive, $10 flat rate shipping or I don't have a coupon/RP to apply I go to Alter Ego or occasionally BBTS. AE is great. They double box for free and they give you the option of UPS or USPS Priority (I always pick USPS because they do Saturdays and UPS sucks.) They are also much closer to me than SS which keeps shipping down and gets stuff to me quicker. Also AE's RPs are issued right when your item ships, not 40 friggin days later! Their CS is also great. Amanda is awesome. She's a lot like Kathy used to be at SS back in the day. I find that SS CS now is clueless and relies on cut and paste canned messages on chat.

SSC offered me early processing more than once already ..but I declined, I probably make my first payment next month..not sure still might cancel

I'm kinda regretting ordering this guy. He looks so bad-ass, but I'm not sure I can put aside the terrible films whenever I would see him on display. *heavy sigh*

So I contacted Sideshow to make sure my order had a packout like I requested back in May, got the response back saying there is a packout, but of course conveniently I'm charged the extra 10 bucks just now. So now it cost me around 30 bucks to ship :slap

I still prefer the packout though, don't like those boxes spelling the whole thing out, depending on who's bringing me the mail to my office.

Officially sold out on the site. Does this mean if your waiting list haven't been converted, its done?

Back