1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So thrilled to see this getting a re-release. Was just starting my collection around the time this armor first came out and always regretted not picking it up

Obviously so getting a pair! The flaps on the chest, back and boots seems kinda gimmicky to me. I get what they are going for, the suit up look, but there needs to be more flaps that open and close. And under the chest flaps we should be seeing his blue and black racing suit, I'm just saying.

I'm surprised no one is talking about how HT is really going all over the place with these remakes. Not that they are redoing Mk. 1-7 but c'mon, who saw WM diecast????? I thought after the Mk. III they'd do the Mk. II but nope, DC WM Mk. 1, then they announce DC Mk. VI and I think, duh, Mk. IV next because minor tweaks to the mold.... Nope, Mk. V. What's next????? Mk. 1 DC????

I still think Mk. VII will be last because of the rest of the HPP but watch them totally release that next. So weird but awesome! DC Mk. V officially announced :)

Maybe they're splitting up the similar models so as not to saturate the market. Then they can go back and reuse the molds to do the other figures. Examples are like you said, VI now, IV later, III now, II later.
I will be getting this figure. For me, the funny thing is, this was the first figure was able to purchase from ebay. I eventually sold it because I wasn't thrilled about the hands. No angled repulsors. So I sold it. I also got a Special Project Mk IV and sold it for the same reason. I regret that one. This one will be the new replacement because of the new hands and other improvements. I also wish it had better battle damaged parts, but it can change. Look how much changed with WM Mk III.
Ryan

I'm thinking it probably has to do with their merchandise licensing agreement with Marvel or something?

In other words they have to release x figures yearly from the license or risk losing the license

I'm hoping they release a IM 2 DC Mark VI soon...the Avengers version just won't look right next to WM :(

I'm thinking it probably has to do with their merchandise licensing agreement with Marvel or something?

In other words they have to release x figures yearly from the license or risk losing the license

I'm hoping they release a IM 2 DC Mark VI soon...the Avengers version just won't look right next to WM :(

What's the difference between the two?

What's the difference between the two?

Probably my OCD :lol

But I'm guessing it'll have a diorama base similar to WM & Whiplash II's, and hopefully a whole lot more BD parts..since the upper half of the suit was pretty trashed by the end of the film.

But I'm guessing it'll have a diorama base similar to WM & Whiplash II's, and hopefully a whole lot more BD parts..since the upper half of the suit was pretty trashed by the end of the film.

I'm all for more BD parts I prefer weathered over clean.

Not a big deal bro, it's easy to find old bases and they'll never do an IM2 (Version). U can get bases easily parted out especially since they've come with so many figures now. OG IM2 Mk. VI, Avengers BD Mk. VII, Whiplash 2.0, WM diecast. Seriously, don't hold back because the bases don't match, please.

Hmm thats not a bad idea..the figures already cost a fortune to start with tho..so hopefully those dio bases don't cost too much..

And then add this as a side piece to the racetrack Tony ;)

maxresdefault.jpg

That would be neat. HT have just become so lazy it's ridiculous.

They've included the screen accurate IM2 battle damage parts with the diecast VI, so yeah all you really need is one of the old IM2 stands.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

So what's the deal they planing on increasing the scale of all their Die-cast figures same thing happened with war machine.

Now I am pissed since the mark 3 used the old mild and is much shorter then all these figures .

So I take it that the mark 4 and 6 the plastic versions that are coming out are still basic the old mold short

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Take my money Hot Toys! I have been waiting for this one! I was late to the IM collecting game, missed this one first time around!

Just realised that this figure comes with a standard-style base like other non-diecast figures.

Is it strong enough to support the weight of a diecast figure? Wondering if anyone who owns the AoU War Machine Mark II can provide some sort of feedback as to the stability of the standard stands?

Lolo . I agree . As much as I wanted this mark V , I also wanted my favorite Mark Vii armor in Diecast first . I strongly regret selling my Mark vii .
Favorites .
#1 = Mark Vii
#2= Mark Vi
#3= Mark V
Yes. Mk VI and VII are my favorite suits, and Mk VI is coming. I'm just waiting for VII.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Back