1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn’t going to keep a Mark V in my collection, and still find myself going back and forth a bit, but it’s a unique armour and if I do sell it, I’m unlikely to find it
again.

6558b5a7d22af4d0435dcbc8bef0826c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn’t going to keep a Mark V in my collection, and still find myself going back and forth a bit, but it’s a unique armour and if I do sell it, I’m unlikely to find it
again.

6558b5a7d22af4d0435dcbc8bef0826c.jpg

Ok, so in short. Don't sell it, you will regret it.

Ok, so in short. Don't sell it, you will regret it.

This is what I’m thinking. If I really feel like I don’t need it I can unload it any time in the next couple of years. No rush at all.

There are very few figures I’ve had doubts about unloading, usually I just know it’s time for something to go, and have no worries. Since this one gives me pause, I’ll hang on to it.

Dont do it, I missed out on WM and paid a hefty price. even if you sell it for 1000 itll cost you 1200 or more if you ever want it back

This is what I’m thinking. If I really feel like I don’t need it I can unload it any time in the next couple of years. No rush at all.

There are very few figures I’ve had doubts about unloading, usually I just know it’s time for something to go, and have no worries. Since this one gives me pause, I’ll hang on to it.

If you're having doubts I would think about it some more and possibly leave it to not selling. There are a few items I wished I hadn't sold, but was able to acquire them down the road for actually cheaper than what I sold them for. Marvel right now is at a all time high, so most proporties tied to them will sell for more. Once that hype dies down things will go back down. This happened the last couple of years when buying and selling certain Hot Toys' figures. You can check the history on ebay listings as well.

If you need the cash then now is the best time, but if you don't then I wouldn't worry about it.

Its a beautiful armor. I'd hang onto it (personally).

Good luck

Yeah, money’s not the issue here. I have the reverse of hoarding (only half joking) because in spite of being a collector, I’m pretty minimalist stylistically; so I periodically take a highly critical look at my figures and edit ruthlessly.

Some people love having a big collection, for me it’s like putting a puzzle together but with the object being the greatest satisfaction from the least amount of figures. A little weird but we all are here, LOL.

The nice part is that I’m always surrounded by figures I absolutely love, and don’t worry about completion or finding more space.

I also don’t worry too hard about representing even favourite characters; if the quality isn’t there or the industry or my criteria move on, I sell (or don’t buy in the first place).

I’ve not made any critical mistakes selling; but this one had me on the fence because I was thinking “How many armours do I really need?” — but unlike other figures, re-acquiring this one would be very costly if I had a change of heart.

I’ve sold grail figures before — one of a kind customs — but I was *sure* and at peace with it.

I think this one isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, because I have too many doubts currently.

I almost bought this at an online retailer and thought, "eh, I'll pick it up from somewhere else in a couple weeks". Then it disappeared and never popped up at any of my go to online retailers later on and waitlist never converted. That's the Hot Toys game. A lot of stuff sticks around forever, but a few releases are gone in a flash.

I tossed back and forth on this one as well. In the end, I've decided to put my Mark 47 on the chopping block instead to fund the 85 and 50. It doesn't help that I haven't opened or displayed either beyond a quick cursory QC check; they're basically brand new. I have always liked the 5 and it's such a stark (pun intended) difference to a lot of the other armors that I feel like it doesn't just fade into the the sea of suits.

I also have fond memories of hunting SO hard to get the Hasbro legends scale Mark V, and finally finding it while on vacation with my folks when I was younger. So I have a little bit of an attachment to the armor all around.

I almost bought this at an online retailer and thought, "eh, I'll pick it up from somewhere else in a couple weeks". Then it disappeared and never popped up at any of my go to online retailers later on and waitlist never converted. That's the Hot Toys game. A lot of stuff sticks around forever, but a few releases are gone in a flash.

Iron Man figures seem to go quickly(except MKII) so I tend to buy those quickly and wait on others if funds are a little tight like it seems that Thanos and MK 50 are coming around the same time so I'll buy MK 50 right away and will wait on Thanos

Yeah, money’s not the issue here. I have the reverse of hoarding (only half joking) because in spite of being a collector, I’m pretty minimalist stylistically; so I periodically take a highly critical look at my figures and edit ruthlessly.

Some people love having a big collection, for me it’s like putting a puzzle together but with the object being the greatest satisfaction from the least amount of figures. A little weird but we all are here, LOL.

That’s a great way of putting it. I’m right there with you for Marvel figures.

I’ve let it happen a few times; letting the collection get massive. But when I feel it’s gotten too unwieldy or I’m at a point where I feel obligated to buy figures to complete a set, I will take a critical look at it all and try to find a way to keep only the minimum figures to still feel like a complete collection.

I’ve sold everything off a few times as well, though trying to quit Marvel didn’t fully stick the first time.

Star Wars is the only thing that I don’t try to put a cap on.

I saw one at a local con earlier this year for $600 and was so so close to buying it I would’ve just been quite literally broke until next payday but now kicking myself. Back then they’d be on eBay for $6-700 so I figured I’d get one later. NOPE. All over a G now.

The 47 is still the Daddy on the secondary. The prices for that thing are mental.

My god, you're right. That's crazy. I saw the power pose ones first and was thinking that isn't too bad... and then... :lol

The DC Mk 5 was one of the few double-dips I was planning on, but I changed my mind once it was released. Now I kind of wish I'd gotten it.

[...]

Star Wars is the one thing I ruthlessly, murderously cap and edit to an ever sharper focus.

Because it has the one-two punch of decades-old nostalgia and absolutely sprawling ensemble characters/world-building.

It is the single most dangerous property to collect, in my opinion. [emoji38]

That’s a great way of putting it. I’m right there with you for Marvel figures.

I’ve let it happen a few times; letting the collection get massive. But when I feel it’s gotten too unwieldy or I’m at a point where I feel obligated to buy figures to complete a set, I will take a critical look at it all and try to find a way to keep only the minimum figures to still feel like a complete collection.

I’ve sold everything off a few times as well, though trying to quit Marvel didn’t fully stick the first time.

I boxed up all my displays to refinish the collection room floor, you do not realize (well I didn’t) how much you actually buy till it is a behemoth pile of 400 hot toy boxes staring back at you.

Star Wars is my biggest weakness as well, I have more stormtroopers than most have in their entire collection. Going to trim the fat at some point as in the earlier years I bought two of everything for the hell of it.

Now I do get more selective since Hot Toys release 4 figures a month it seems.

Last edited:
Back