1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine - def. a nice upgrade for the old clunky Mark V from 2011. Totally dig the paintjob, sculpt details and the overall engineering. Video later today. But here you find lots of photos incl. comparison shots - i added some to this post as well:

https://www.xenom0rph.com/2018/04/hot-toys-iron-man-mark-v-16-mms400-d18.html

0023.jpg

0012.jpg

Conclusion overall is not as satisfying as I'd like to have it. On some parts Hot Toys just performed lackluster - just a repaintof the Tony Stark portrait from the arc reactor creation set or the re-use of the original suitcase with the new silver paint. The potential was huge...but the results compared to the expectations a bit disappointing.

Great review and pics as always... I still don't get HT new scale on these DC Iron Man figures. The original looks like tiny compared to the new DC and why in the world would they make the new MKV DC taller than the new MKVI DC? It makes it hard to be able to display new and old figures together. From a business perspective I guess it's a way to get collectors to re buy every new armor as they make them.

Great review and pics as always... I still don't get HT new scale on these DC Iron Man figures. The original looks like tiny compared to the new DC and why in the world would they make the new MKV DC taller than the new MKVI DC? It makes it hard to be able to display new and old figures together. From a business perspective I guess it's a way to get collectors to re buy every new armor as they make them.

Hard to say whether those 2 figures are height wise. MKV is standing in front of VI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's definitely weird to see it looking as tall and bulky as the VI, when that's not the impression it gave on screen at all.

Still though, it does look pretty great on its own.

Got mine - def. a nice upgrade for the old clunky Mark V from 2011. Totally dig the paintjob, sculpt details and the overall engineering. Video later today. But here you find lots of photos incl. comparison shots - i added some to this post as well:

https://www.xenom0rph.com/2018/04/hot-toys-iron-man-mark-v-16-mms400-d18.html

Conclusion overall is not as satisfying as I'd like to have it. On some parts Hot Toys just performed lackluster - just a repaintof the Tony Stark portrait from the arc reactor creation set or the re-use of the original suitcase with the new silver paint. The potential was huge...but the results compared to the expectations a bit disappointing.

Great review, all the answers to my questions about this release. And I agree with your assessment, the figure is a little too large/tall, some reuse, the diecast might as well not even be there, missed the opportunity to give it more battle damaged pieces, and regardless of the engineering that went into it, it's still over priced.

Not a figure that can be displayed well with many other figures let alone armors and in continuity because of it's size, but I still love this armor design and I can get a huge discount with Reward Points. If I do get one it'll have to display on it's own.

I don’t really see any issue display It with other figures. If it’s just with other figures then there’s no scale issue at all. If it’s with armors it’s such a minor issue that you can hardly notice it. Unless you have it lined up shoulder to shoulder you’d hardly tell. I have the mk3 which is shorter noticeably then the other arms when shoulder to shoulder, but since a lot of the bases are different and the suits are posed up you can’t tell.

I don’t really see any issue display It with other figures. If it’s just with other figures then there’s no scale issue at all. If it’s with armors it’s such a minor issue that you can hardly notice it. Unless you have it lined up shoulder to shoulder you’d hardly tell. I have the mk3 which is shorter noticeably then the other arms when shoulder to shoulder, but since a lot of the bases are different and the suits are posed up you can’t tell.

My thoughts exactly!

Hard to say whether those 2 figures are height wise. MKV is standing in front of VI.

If you click on xenomorphs link and look through his pictures on his website there are other photos comparing the MKV & the MKVI & the MKV is clearly larger.

If you click on xenomorphs link and look through his pictures on his website there are other photos comparing the MKV & the MKVI & the MKVI is clearly larger.

I think you meant the V is a bit taller?

It's not that bad. VI def looks bulkier.

It's a really close call on the height difference and it depends on the leg spread and also the torso / abs position. But yeah, it's reallly equal and no visible difference having both next to each other on the shelf.

Here now the vid review:

It's a really close call on the height difference and it depends on the leg spread and also the torso / abs position. But yeah, it's reallly equal and no visible difference having both next to each other on the shelf.

Here now the vid review:

Could you tell me if the helmet is interchangeable with the old mark 5?

Here now the vid review:

Great review as always, also, do you do hot stone massages? Relaxing voice

Thanks for your review man! Just a head's up, not all the photos on your blog seem to be loading...

Here now the vid review:

You do good work sir

Great review and thanks for the honest opinion.

I'm very excited to get this nonetheless. That suit up pose will look amazing.

This release doesn't seem to garner the same overwhelming enthusiasm as the VI did.

Still looks great imo.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I’m really looking forward to it. The 6 is just my favorite suit overall.

I really dislike the first MK5 in-hand, but I’m really looking forward to this one. It’s a unique design, and hopefully I like it when I get it in-hand this time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why would you want to do that? Itll look like a bobblehead..competely out of proportion...

Maybe, not sure from that video it doesn’t look that much bigger to me. It’s wider which is a good thing. The reds are definitely different. I’m not saying I’m going to do it just wondering if it would be an easy swap.

Back