Hot Toys MMS372 BvS: Dawn of Justice Knightmare Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it was. Not sure how the pants worked out though considering the BVS legs were bigger as was the arms. I assume they took that into consideration..

They make quality stuff.

That's cool. I was thinking the same thing regarding the arms and legs and how the pants in particular would fit. Would be interesting to see some pics (if there hasn't been already) from folks who have used the full kit on their regular BvS Bats figure.

5f9ea2063ae5cb21442c74fb36c3e5c1.png

c52e96aac759af2a37532e8b9f67b84d.png
b3f76377b448b5196cd4ce2f2867e9ce.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The HT coat is a bit too clean I think and needs to be a bit dirtier, but I always thought the color of it was pretty close under normal lighting, as is the smoother leather material as opposed the the suede look of the OSK one:

attachment.php

The slightly darker reddish brown color I always felt came from the tint of the scene in the film, which the OSK coat reflects.

Well I definitely think they didn't choose a good material for the scale on the HT coat as I think that's what gives it some of the puffiness. In terms of color I'm more on the side of it looking like it does in the film as opposed to any of the props used, but I know some people prefer it the other way.

Yeah, the HT one does look a bit puffy compared to how it should look based on that image.

I generally like the outfits to be the same hue they are under normal lighting when you see them on display at conventions. The lighting in scenes in films can be altered to give something a different hue, while the actual hue of the suit is what it is and always remains constant.

I generally like the outfits to be the same hue they are under normal lighting when you see them on display at conventions. The lighting in scenes in films can be altered to give something a different hue, while the actual hue of the suit always remains constant.

Yeah I could see the argument. I just like the idea of it looking like it walked off the screen and on to your shelf ya know? Even with a lot of the props and costumes there are multiple made (stunt, hero, etc) though and they might not all share the same color/weathering on set even under the same lighting.

Im guessing it probably also depends on what kind of reference the company was provided with stuff like this. Whether it be concept art or pics from on set.

Yep. Totally understand that perspective. I suppose that would be called "screen accuracy" since it's how it appeared on screen, while what I described would be considered "suit accuracy".

Personally, either way is fine with me to be honest; both are a form of accuracy in their own capacity. Like you said, I think a lot of it depends on what HT was given as a reference to go by.

For instance, the hue of the MoS Supes figure's suit I think is more "suit accurate" (how it looked on display at conventions), while the BvS Supes figure is a bit darker and more "screen accurate" to how it looked on screen. Just as long as they don't make it turquoise or something, which is inaccurate in any form. :lol

In the case of Knightmare Bats's coat, just as long as they don't make it a shade of brown that is neither what the hue of it actually is or how it appeared on screen. BC Armored Batman falls into this category to me. While still a cool figure, even in the rain scenes in BvS, the armor never looked jet black to me with white scratches and isn't actually that color, either.

The WJL toys Knightmare Batman Accessory Set comes as pictured.I am waiting for the Suicide Squad Rebreather Batman exclusive..
So In the meantime I am using a substitute Batman as the knightmare custom .
IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2263.jpg

I do prefer the OSK coat just personal taste, and in hand the wires on it seem a lot more stronger than the stock, as I find it's easier posing the OSK coat

I switched to the onesixthkit coat and I like it. It is much easier to work with and has nice weathering. Here are some quick pics.

j98yo5.jpg

2zp6v09.jpg

Back