1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Mostly copy-pasting my post from the one of the other CW threads:

After watching Civil War, holy crap I'm definitely glad to be getting this since it will serve my main Iron Man figure and I don't see myself getting anything else beyond it.

Breathtaking performance by RDJ and he was basically given some of the most heartwrenching moments in the film. Though this is definitely a Cap film, it can easily be argued that this is also an Iron Man sequel film, only with Tony as a sympathetic protagonist/antagonist. There's this dangling plot thread left in TWS that CW really uses to full effect as means for framing Tony's character arc and it's just terribly depressing that I couldn't help but feel so bad for him throughout the film. As for suit design, I love how the Mark 46 looks really de-saturated to the point that the red almost feels maroon/burgundy red, which is very similar to the Mark 3.

This is definitely one of the biggest turning point for Tony's character and I'd say that the Mark 46 will serve as a definitive Iron Man suit for many people even after everything is said and done, especially with how great his portrayal was in the film.

Just.......... wow. :thud:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

I truly hope they fix the shoulder gap for the final product. this looks even worth than DC MKIII

Shoulders probably popped out, the other side looks fine. He looks like he's playing rock, paper scissors!

Yeah he looks pretty beat up; dislocated shoulder, dislocated atlanto-occipital joint, abs all torn up. Even Vision is beat. He's got his elbows and lower leg all taped up. Must have been a rough ride to the show :lol

i don't see a problem with the shoulders.. or anything else for that matter. it really looks like the one shoulder is pulled out a little, and the other is pulled out a tiny bit.

This does look pretty weathered. Even more so that in some of the pics. I'm excited to see more in hand pics.

i don't see a problem with the shoulders.. or anything else for that matter. it really looks like the one shoulder is pulled out a little, and the other is pulled out a tiny bit.

Just having a little fun man. Doesn't have to look immaculate in every picture.

Sitting here counting down the days until I see this in action on the big screen. Hope it's a beast in the movie!

This does look pretty weathered. Even more so that in some of the pics. I'm excited to see more in hand pics.

Not gonna see true in hand pics for a year and a half

It's getting out of space here so I had to sell my two IM, now I'm getting this lol! (after the movie wednesday, #TeamIronMan all the way) :yess:

Not gonna see true in hand pics for a year and a half

Motux, the dream crusher. While we may not see in hand pics, we can still hope for some better pics than the ones listed a couple pages back. :pray:

Looking good. Really liked the armour in the film, and Tony's development. A must have, definitely.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I'm toying with the idea of selling my BD mark iii and special edition war machine mark i and upgrading both with the CW versions, thoughts?

I'm toying with the idea of selling my BD mark iii and special edition war machine mark i and upgrading both with the CW versions, thoughts?

Well, War Machine Mark I's about to get an upgrade anyway, so the price on yours will tank when it launches.

Ultimately it's up to you. Are you willing to sell them?

It's getting out of space here so I had to sell my two IM, now I'm getting this lol! (after the movie wednesday, #TeamIronMan all the way) :yess:

Im with #TeamIronMan too as you can see. I saw this movie on wednesday also.

Im with #TeamIronMan too as you can see. I saw this movie on wednesday also.

:duff another BP fan! Hell yeah! Nice sig! I was going to get Cap and BP, but after the movie I had to get IM instead of Cap, since I'm not a huge fan of him (and I also sold my 2 IMs cuz I still want some other figures from other movies and I have no space left here :( ). Now from this movie I'm getting BP and IM. Maybe Spidey but I think I'm gonna wait for his solo movie.

Just out of curiosity, are people choosing their side so to speak simply based on who they think is the "cooler" superhero, or genuinely taking into consideration the political motives of each character and what each side is advocating and representing?

For instance, my bother is a die-hard IM fan, but just can't support what he's trying to campaign for in the film, so he's on Cap's side.

Back