1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

I'd be down for a battle damaged version. Years ago we used to get some battle damaged parts with the figure. Not anymore. Now its a completely different figure we get :slap

I'd say it was the other way round. The Shotgun, Mark 42, Mark 45 and other recent armours all have swap out damage parts. In the past, (original Mark III, Mark VII) the battle damage versions were separate figures.

Geez destroy my dream of a clean 1/6 headsculpt why don't ya :lol

I really just want something on par with the 1/4 scale. Especially since we haven't had anything new since the helmeted 42 headsculpt that keeps getting recycled.

As much as I want an un-bruised head sculpt, I'm actually betting on the black eye too. I didn't make that clear in my last post.

Ah well. The new sculpt should be great regardless! Still wouldn't hurt for HT to give us a new Tony Stark figure, with the same new sculpt but without the black eye. :yess:

I guess now we are stuck with the more expensive "diecast" figures. The plastic figures are gone forever replaced by the mostly plastic figures called diecast that we have to pay more for.

Which is why the Mark43 is my high water mark and I'll only be getting the remaining HPP and 1/4 going forward

I'm hearing they may do the touch feature instead of a switch.

image.jpeg

That would be pretty awesome

Might be the 1st figure i keep the batteries in if they do

Damn this figure is looking better and better.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That is gorgeous. :drool Thanks for sharing the video. :duff

No problem! :hi5:

Currently trying to contain my excitement for now since this is a year away lol. But I can't help it when I see pictures and videos.

I only want ONE Iron Man figure and I'm really in love with the design of this armor but the cost is hard for me to justify...

I currently have the Power Pose on pre-order but tempted to get this instead.

What are the pros and cons of these die cast figures and the power pose?

For those who've seen the movie...

Spoiler Spoiler:

For those who've seen the movie...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I only want ONE Iron Man figure and I'm really in love with the design of this armor but the cost is hard for me to justify...

I currently have the Power Pose on pre-order but tempted to get this instead.

What are the pros and cons of these die cast figures and the power pose?

Never ordered a PPS before, but the first advantage that come to mind in terms of the diecast version are the additional articulation and extra accessories like the Tony Stark HS and the diorama base, which give you so much more posing options. I personally love the additional heft of the diecast figures (I think they weigh twice as much as their plastic counterparts according to Budget Stark's video) and have come to associate it, subjectively, with the quality associated with the figure. It is something that one could only truly appreciate if you hold the figure with your own two hands.

However, those advantages are moot if you have a thing for statues and have no concern with creating your own pose for the figure. Also, visually, the PPS and Diecast version look the same; you can't tell the difference between diecast and plastic till you actually pick the figure up in your hands. Some might even argue that the PPS version might resemble the on-screen version better because of the lack of articulation, and the fact that plastic Iron Man figs tend to have sharper details than their diecast counterparts.

Personally, if given the choice to only have 1 Iron Man figure in my collection, I would pick diecast over PPS any day. To me, if I were to ever only possess one piece of something that I really like, I would want that to be the best option available (if it fits into the budget of course). Speaking about the price aspect, yes the diecast figure costs almost twice as much as the PPS version, but you would also have twice as long to save up for it if you choose to do so; I think the PPS version is out Q4 2016 while the diecast version is only released Q3 2017. Still, even at $190, the PPS doesn't come cheap because just adding $20 or so on top of that gives you the chance to buy a "full" MMS version instead (probably why I never found the PPS version to be of great value).

I think the Mark 46 is unique in the sense that it might be the only time we see an Iron Man figure with 28 light up points; none of the 45 before it had it, and it's possible that those that come after it might not have it either. I haven't seen the armor in action on-screen yet, but this design is such a perfect mix of old and new that it's officially overtaken the Mark 6 as my most favorite Iron Man armor :)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Never ordered a PPS before, but the first advantage that come to mind in terms of the diecast version are the additional articulation and extra accessories like the Tony Stark HS and the diorama base, which give you so much more posing options. I personally love the additional heft of the diecast figures (I think they weigh twice as much as their plastic counterparts according to Budget Stark's video) and have come to associate it, subjectively, with the quality associated with the figure. It is something that one could only truly appreciate if you hold the figure with your own two hands.

However, those advantages are moot if you have a thing for statues and have no concern with creating your own pose for the figure. Also, visually, the PPS and Diecast version look the same; you can't tell the difference between diecast and plastic till you actually pick the figure up in your hands. Some might even argue that the PPS version might resemble the on-screen version better because of the lack of articulation, and the fact that plastic Iron Man figs tend to have sharper details than their diecast counterparts.

Personally, if given the choice to only have 1 Iron Man figure in my collection, I would pick diecast over PPS any day. To me, if I were to ever only possess one piece of something that I really like, I would want that to be the best option available (if it fits into the budget of course). Speaking about the price aspect, yes the diecast figure costs almost twice as much as the PPS version, but you would also have twice as long to save up for it if you choose to do so; I think the PPS version is out Q4 2016 while the diecast version is only released Q3 2017. Still, even at $190, the PPS doesn't come cheap because just adding $20 or so on top of that gives you the chance to buy a "full" MMS version instead (probably why I never found the PPS version to be of great value).

I think the Mark 46 is unique in the sense that it might be the only time we see an Iron Man figure with 28 light up points; none of the 45 before it had it, and it's possible that those that come after it might not have it either. I haven't seen the armor in action on-screen yet, but this design is such a perfect mix of old and new that it's officially overtaken the Mark 6 as my most favorite Iron Man armor :)

All excellent points, I have never been this torn before... I agree with you on everything.

My concern with 28 LED's, would posing the figure be restricted in any way?... I think I recall some of the older figures had repulsers die from movement, I haven't kept up with newer armor releases to see if it's still common.

Back