1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Above based on seeing the movie...

I'm doing my best to avoid reading that... I literally had to cover part of my screen while editing this.....

6 more days.... 6 more.... :D

image.jpeg

Unless its a prequel set before Civil War and the SM movie sets up how he knows him?
I doubt it'll be a prequel. The only MCU film that was a prequel (and really only because it had to be for the origin) is Captain America: The First Avenger.

I'd like the XLVI but it sucks to know that by the time it's out there'll be a new armor announced more than likely.

i think that's just the way it's going to be from now on.. we saw the 45, then the 43 was released, we've seen the 46, the 45 has yet to be released (stateside).. and i'm sure before the 46 is released (stateside) we'll see the 47 (if it's in spider-man homecoming).. if there is no armor or no figure.. i think that'll be the only window that hot toys has to catch up.. that's assuming iron man doesn't show up in ragnarok or black panther.

i wonder if a lull actually happens, and the next time we see a new armor isn't until infinity wars 1, hot toys will be able to release the next armor in a shorter window rather than a year after the release of the movie.

i also wonder what the armors will look like for infinity wars 1 and 2, how many there will be, and if any of them will be space-worthy.

This isn't new. It's been like this since the mk4. And there are still 18 HPP armors.

New IM suits get announced all the time, think of these purchases like smartphones :lol The thing is though, among the last 3 IM suits I actually still like the Mk43 design the best, and I'm way more partial to the older armors like the Mk3 than the newer ones, so just because something is newer doesn't necessarily mean it's better, comes down to personal taste.

Unless its a prequel set before Civil War and the SM movie sets up how he knows him?

I was thinking that also, but I was under the impression that Marvel wasn't going to do an origin story with Spidey in this universe as well all know the story already, so I presumed that it would most likely be set after CW.

and Scarlet Witch :lol
and All the X-Men(unrelated I know) :lol

:lol

Doesn't have to be an origin story to be set before Civil War, could just be in his early days as Spiderman without needing to retell the biten by a spider and Uncle Ben part (they could do it in a brief flashback I suppose)

True, good possibility. So essentially between AoU and CW then. Around the same time as Ant-Man.

I have doubts the solo film will be set before CW because they wouldn't feature Spider-Man in his crappy homemade costume for an entire film, before he gets his hero suit from Stark. I guess they could have Parker get a hero costume in the solo, gets trashed, goes back to homemade, then new suit in CW, but that seems like a bit of a stretch :confused: :nono They'll probably have flashbacks to his origins and early days ala TIH, but I believe the 2017 film will be primarily set after the events of CW.

Urgh - price listings are up on UK supplier websites for the mk46, we're basically looking at £300 which based on today's exchange rate is about $430. I guess the slight cost reduction over the mk45 isn't being passed on to us lowly consumers...

Urgh - price listings are up on UK supplier websites for the mk46, we're basically looking at £300 which based on today's exchange rate is about $430. I guess the slight cost reduction over the mk45 isn't being passed on to us lowly consumers...

Instead of overpaying for this or most other Hot Toys figures when buying them from local (UK) retailers you can save money and buy it on eBay. "Loontentoys" is offering this figure for US $359.99 which based on today's exchange rate is about £251.06. It is the cheapest option on eBay at the moment. I would not expect this figure to be offered for less than this. Moreover, if you are willing to wait - eBay periodically (about twice a year) offers this "20% off everything" promotion (limit of £50 discount). That is how I bought my last 2 figures - both from "Loontentoys". I am not trying to promote this particular seller, just trying to help some other fellow collectors to save some money. I already bought at least 6 figures from this seller and never experienced any problems.

New IM suits get announced all the time, think of these purchases like smartphones :lol The thing is though, among the last 3 IM suits I actually still like the Mk43 design the best, and I'm way more partial to the older armors like the Mk3 than the newer ones, so just because something is newer doesn't necessarily mean it's better, comes down to personal taste.

I'm in 100% agreement, if you mean newer as in the model number. My favorite suit since IM3 is the Mk. 15 Sneaky. Granted that it's not going to release until the end of the year, but it is an "older" design (a suit Stark made in between Avengers 1 & IM3). It's just so cool looking and unique that it's stayed my all time favorite and was so happy when HT announced it! To me, newer means the actual model number, not release date. Still love both the 45 & 46 though and am stoked that the 45's release is just around the corner!

Instead of overpaying for this or most other Hot Toys figures when buying them from local (UK) retailers you can save money and buy it on eBay. "Loontentoys" is offering this figure for US $359.99 which based on today's exchange rate is about £251.06. It is the cheapest option on eBay at the moment. I would not expect this figure to be offered for less than this. Moreover, if you are willing to wait - eBay periodically (about twice a year) offers this "20% off everything" promotion (limit of £50 discount). That is how I bought my last 2 figures - both from "Loontentoys". I am not trying to promote this particular seller, just trying to help some other fellow collectors to save some money. I already bought at least 6 figures from this seller and never experienced any problems.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that - I didn't realise the eBay discount was a regular thing, I missed the recent one by a matter of hours but assumed it was a one-off...

I thought all the MCU movies where being released in real time chronological order?... In other words, if (and I'm not going to look up dates, these are just numbers in my head) Ant-Man is released 9 months after Age of Ultron, then the events of that movie take place 9 months later..

I thought all the MCU movies where being released in real time chronological order?... In other words, if (and I'm not going to look up dates, these are just numbers in my head) Ant-Man is released 9 months after Age of Ultron, then the events of that movie take place 9 months later..

No, TFA was set in WW2 and came out right before Avengers. TIH and Thor also overlap with IM2.

Link to official Phase 1 timeline from Marvel: https://marvel.com/news/movies/18766/view_the_full_marvel_cinematic_universe_timeline

Well, yeah obviously The First Avenger I guess, lol... It's been a while since I've seen it, but isn't there a flash-forward at the end of it (even if it is just the end-credits) which sets it into the time frame between the movies either side?

That chart is interesting though.. :goodpost:

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that - I didn't realise the eBay discount was a regular thing, I missed the recent one by a matter of hours but assumed it was a one-off...

As far as I recall, this discount was offered 3 times in last 1.5 year. Last time on 1st of April 2016. And also on 22nd of October 2015. Hopefully, eBay keeps offering this discount. Last time it was offered - on 1st of April 2016 - it was only active for 8 hours. The only reason I was made aware of this discount being active was thanks to hotukdeals.com website which I check on daily basis. If you do not know this website I truly recommend it.

Back