1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha yeah the black eye loves to be star of the show! At first I was like wow he had throughout the rest of the movie but then I was like I guess a punch to the face from a super soldier enhanced killer would make that last for awhile. Sadly I'm included in one of those horror stories: don't know what happened either the guy had a business or was in the process of losing it(knew when I searched it's name) but long story short it led to me my getting the Mk45 for $298 which was the bid price I won it at and a bout with PayPal on getting the credit back. I'm hoping I didn't make the same mistake on here with a Hot Toys Predator figure bought from someone but I will know if I don't get the figure or if I do but everything didn't come with it like I asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the most important things is that you always gotta check if the description does match the state of the figure. I never buy unless I see actual pictures of what I'm buying. Now that I think about it, I had to cancel a purchase once because the seller "didn't have stock" it was weird, he was slow, didn't respond with much enthusiasm, and didn't seem very eager to sell. Oh well, I didn't lose anything.

I hope everything goes well with your Predator.

This headsculpt makes this piece so much better. I always love displaying the helmet, but I can't resist with this sculpt.
c817a9a722602d0e2695ae00274dcaff.jpg
4b4cb9840e4bc53a7004ddb6680bff96.jpg
a0d9b34ba0e24ebe6a7ffd0ed8930b51.jpg
e53a2e474ab21a8e89808b7428505acf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

I'm relatively new to HT collecting and I've been considering getting my first Iron Man. Of all the ones currently available (or for pre-order) on BBTS, this one looks to be the best option. However, I've come across the occasional complaint about battery/LED/magnet issues, etc. Are these issues common/widespread?

I'm relatively new to HT collecting and I've been considering getting my first Iron Man. Of all the ones currently available (or for pre-order) on BBTS, this one looks to be the best option. However, I've come across the occasional complaint about battery/LED/magnet issues, etc. Are these issues common/widespread?
Difficult to say because those without issues generally don't post that fact. Mine was fine, but I definitely saw others who had issues.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

The magnets are a common problem because they use cheap glue, most of us know this for a fact, it's always the same. The lights aren't, that's usually fine.

One of the most important things is that you always gotta check if the description does match the state of the figure. I never buy unless I see actual pictures of what I'm buying. Now that I think about it, I had to cancel a purchase once because the seller "didn't have stock" it was weird, he was slow, didn't respond with much enthusiasm, and didn't seem very eager to sell. Oh well, I didn't lose anything.

I hope everything goes well with your Predator.

Just paying attention to post to see reply apologies. And yes me too thank you. It's been a struggle just to get a HTs Ancient Predator due to stupid pricing on eBay astronomical prices and it tempts you or at least me to want to msg them saying why are you selling at that price you must be really desperate for someone desperate to buy! Anyway yeah he showed me pics of it if anyone knows the guy ngelaku on here bought from him showed me a boxed and unboxed version. He seems like a good guy so hope it comes eventually still not here yet payed in full Sept 22 processed through facility in Indonesia on 26th its now November still not here should I be worried? I have dealt with slow shipping speed before so not my first rodeo ordering from another country but this has been really slow for something extremely important. Especially due to the price paid-$296 for fig but due to PayPal total of $309.52. I asked for complete nothing broken due to it being used. Just want everything to come nicely.

And to stay on topic great pics by azim.khan I hate him (I don't) look at that set I want it! Love the setup truly representing powerful image of some of our Avengers members.

Nice Civil War collection, I'll start building mine up when I get Falcon (TWS version)

I'll get most of them, except Black Panther, Ant-Man and Falcon

Just picked mine up from the UPS store today. So far living up to the expectations. Also absolutely love the packaging box art.

I wasn't able to get the neck piece off to try and use the Tony sculpt, but will give it another go this weekend when I actually have time to mess around with it. I watched the review by Optibotimus so I think I know how to pull it off, but just not wanting to put too much force on it. Hoping to knock out checking lights, poses, etc too. Just going to be too busy tomorrow and Thursday unfortunately.

Grabbed a pic or two on my phone, but this was the only one that really turned out with the figure out of the packaging.
TDs68ral.jpg

I was able to take some decent photos (for a phone at least) of this guy today! Still need to get around to checking out the lights at some point too.
Good looking base:
1RyVhHm.jpg

9pTOr9E.jpg

Attempt at a flying pose w/out the effect parts.
Gw6F7f8.jpg

Normally don't buy media, but I had another reason to buy this one other than just watching the movie.
aaUq2hV.jpg

Compared to Boba Fett
tGXYmRQ.jpg

Guess I am in the new-ish category.... But while there are some really good threads on the different IMs, this one was my first IM. Yeah, I had the weak glue problem and had to get used to all the batteries, plates, switches. But IMO the detail is staggering, love the paint job and color, stellar sculpt if I only ever have one IMO *almost* completely satisfied - the only dissatisfaction is I think companies need to move beyond using batteries for these kinds of figures. HT isn't alone with that.

I know part of the problem is different countries have different voltage so the manufacture expense would go up. But there's ways around the battery issue and don't know how many would want to light their figs up a lot. IM collectors, maybe.

Re your question HT uses cheap glue like other poster say. At least when I re-glue something it's a good brand.

Back