1/6 Hot Toys MMS351 Captain America: Civil War The Winter Soldier Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha yeah, or three, four, five ... ^^ You're building quite the army there, Sassafras!

I'm fine as long as I got 1 Buck to go with each Steve. ^^ Sadly, they just don't make enough Bucky. XD At least TWS Steve and Rescue Cap will get some company soon. :)

LOL since I started collecting Bucky and Cap have cost me the most:horror. TOO ADDICTIVE. Bucky for me is the worst, too many ideas pop into my head, or I see some artwork and want to imitate that re a display, or I see an environment base and *need* to work with that. Plus, I idly ponder about who Hydra had Bucky remove from the gene pool, and why, and how Bucky did it (I mean idly LOL, apparently poor Bucky was in storage a lot too....but 50 years of Hydra work???)

Right now I'm waiting on the AC Play Bucky and this 1/6 "rooftop diorama" that's on the 'bay, but way too expensive, hope it reaches the U.S. w. a lower price at some point. I'm thinking I can stage Bucky, Falcon, and Cap around that - even tho it's a scene that never happened, the industrial look reminds me of the airport and/or that parking garage in CW.

base.jpg

LOL since I started collecting Bucky and Cap have cost me the most:horror. TOO ADDICTIVE. Bucky for me is the worst, too many ideas pop into my head, or I see some artwork and want to imitate that re a display, or I see an environment base and *need* to work with that. Plus, I idly ponder about who Hydra had Bucky remove from the gene pool, and why, and how Bucky did it (I mean idly LOL, apparently poor Bucky was in storage a lot too....but 50 years of Hydra work???)

Right now I'm waiting on the AC Play Bucky and this 1/6 "rooftop diorama" that's on the 'bay, but way too expensive, hope it reaches the U.S. w. a lower price at some point. I'm thinking I can stage Bucky, Falcon, and Cap around that - even tho it's a scene that never happened, the industrial look reminds me of the airport and/or that parking garage in CW.

View attachment 336898
Yeah that stage looks like it could go super well with the guys. There are a lot of great stages around but mostly just too expensive. ^^ I still dream about that 1/6 car with smashed in roof on which my WS is majestically murder-strutting ... oh well, one can't have everything. I'm also waiting for my Acplay civvies Buck. Hopefully it will be here soon so I can finally get out my KimchiDVD TWS steelbook and display civvie Steve and Bucky with their respective covers. *_* I've been waiting to do that display for such a long time now. Then, I'll hopefully have my WWII Bucky complete in May, really just waiting for the head now and once it's painted Rescue Cap has some company. :yess:

Sadly, my local retailer said CW Bucky will most likely not be in-stock before summer ... T_T what is this cruelty?!

Yeah that stage looks like it could go super well with the guys. There are a lot of great stages around but mostly just too expensive. ^^ I still dream about that 1/6 car with smashed in roof on which my WS is majestically murder-strutting ... oh well, one can't have everything. I'm also waiting for my Acplay civvies Buck. Hopefully it will be here soon so I can finally get out my KimchiDVD TWS steelbook and display civvie Steve and Bucky with their respective covers. *_* I've been waiting to do that display for such a long time now. Then, I'll hopefully have my WWII Bucky complete in May, really just waiting for the head now and once it's painted Rescue Cap has some company. :yess:

Sadly, my local retailer said CW Bucky will most likely not be in-stock before summer ... T_T what is this cruelty?!

You're getting a WWII Bucky???!!!! I'd pay $$$$$ for that!!!! *jealous*:drool (and here I was looking at a DiD fig to just sort of be with my Golden Age Cap (retro nod). I forgot about the murder strut:love! It's a scene that last seconds but always enjoy Bucky landing LOL the car owner would be so *&&^%%. Then the second-tier mortals having to take all that time to hook up ropes.:lol I like Crimson's idea of putting WS on a 1/6 Humvee too.

bucky_Bw.jpg

Sorry to hear of the llllloooooonnng delay getting CW Bucky - that SUX!!!! Not like it didn't take forever to get WS and Falcon out anyway:(:(:(! I dread the wait for IW figs *meh*. And if HT really did delay CW fig production for SW - *maybe* - now SSC is having deals for stormtroopers etc. Meanwhile, original WS prices are so high now:horror that I really CHERISH all my Buckys!:love

But, as you say, not enough Bucky variants. Am passing the time tho w. James Barnes because he does have IMO enough changes to work with - am hoping to mod a DiD knife to a Gerber; and do some rooted hair and *try* to make that WS jacket. Tho I may throw up my hands and find someone who knows what they are doing re 1/6 clothes:horror. I like your idea of displaying w. the covers - yeah, I need some wall backgrounds as well. All fun (except for the time I was stuffing CW Bucky into the MC jacket and it became obvious someone hadn't thought things through LOL:lol:cuckoo: at Super MC)

You're getting a WWII Bucky???!!!! I'd pay $$$$$ for that!!!! *jealous*:drool (and here I was looking at a DiD fig to just sort of be with my Golden Age Cap (retro nod). I forgot about the murder strut:love! It's a scene that last seconds but always enjoy Bucky landing LOL the car owner would be so *&&^%%. Then the second-tier mortals having to take all that time to hook up ropes.:lol I like Crimson's idea of putting WS on a 1/6 Humvee too.
Sorry to hear of the llllloooooonnng delay getting CW Bucky - that SUX!!!! Not like it didn't take forever to get WS and Falcon out anyway:(:(:(! I dread the wait for IW figs *meh*. And if HT really did delay CW fig production for SW - *maybe* - now SSC is having deals for stormtroopers etc. Meanwhile, original WS prices are so high now:horror that I really CHERISH all my Buckys!:love

But, as you say, not enough Bucky variants. Am passing the time tho w. James Barnes because he does have IMO enough changes to work with - am hoping to mod a DiD knife to a Gerber; and do some rooted hair and *try* to make that WS jacket. Tho I may throw up my hands and find someone who knows what they are doing re 1/6 clothes:horror. I like your idea of displaying w. the covers - yeah, I need some wall backgrounds as well. All fun (except for the time I was stuffing CW Bucky into the MC jacket and it became obvious someone hadn't thought things through LOL:lol:cuckoo: at Super MC)
Yeah, of course! Where have you been when Kiki started the TFA Bucky sculpt thread? :lol Has been going for quite some time and Waruna has done a mighty fine job with two expressions. The heads are currently in casting and should be shipped at the end of April, I think. Link
I already got all the parts for my Azzano Bucky to go with Rescue Cap. :yess:

I really dunno why it takes the local shops so long to get CW Bucky in. T_T I mean, Black Panther is supposed to come in May so why does Bucky take so long? ToT I wanna cry ... at the same time I'll probably have to spend quite a lot for a CW Bucky head sculpt so my Acplay civvies Buck doesn't have to sport that strange 3rd party head ... T_T

Yeah, of course! Where have you been when Kiki started the TFA Bucky sculpt thread? :lol Has been going for quite some time and Waruna has done a mighty fine job with two expressions. The heads are currently in casting and should be shipped at the end of April, I think. Link
I already got all the parts for my Azzano Bucky to go with Rescue Cap. :yess:

Yeah man, where you been?!?! :rotfl Still available, Waruna's printing more so they're available after print :) And I have an interest thread going in the Interest board, putting together a list of people interested in Bucky's Howling Commandos outfit, done by Gee Whiz Customs :) Get on the list, tell your friends :lol

Where have you been when Kiki started the TFA Bucky sculpt thread? Has been going for quite some time and Waruna has done a mighty fine job with two expressions. The heads are currently in casting and should be shipped at the end of April, I think.

Yeah man, where you been?!?! :rotfl Still available, Waruna's printing more so they're available after print :) And I have an interest thread going in the Interest board, putting together a list of people interested in Bucky's Howling Commandos outfit, done by Gee Whiz Customs :) Get on the list, tell your friends :lol

LOL, I suspect at the time either 1)poor, 2)not quite sure how my nube collection was shaping up, or where it was going; or 3) fretting over Iron Studios $$$$.
But will check out links today or tomorrow - thanks much to you both! Think if I get in, I'm all in for the outfit too, can't imagine trying to make something like that.

at the same time I'll probably have to spend quite a lot for a CW Bucky head sculpt so my Acplay civvies Buck doesn't have to sport that strange 3rd party head ...

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Well, there was an HT head on the 'bay $$$$$$$$$$ but right now I think the very few out there cost way too much.:horror

Assuming it's the same head - think I have the "AC head" already (Seems like everyone wants to put this *biggish* Caucasian/Roman standard nose on Seb:dunno IMO and he ends up looking generic). But it's not that bad of sculpt in hand (assuming it's the same). Not a dead-on likeness, but you can tell who it is. The jaw and mouth are a bit extreme, but OK for the price.

The frizzy hair issue of the sculpts I have was such a pain tho, I shelled out for a different "smooth-haired" custom - and ALL of these need a dye job; the hair is too light. I'm gonna try a black/brown mix of Rit Dyemore at some point (don't know if that is sold around the world?) and everyone's getting a dye job:cool:. Hafta see if that improves hair texture, or LOL it all falls out.:horror

LOL, I suspect at the time either 1)poor, 2)not quite sure how my nube collection was shaping up, or where it was going; or 3) fretting over Iron Studios $$$$.
But will check out links today or tomorrow - thanks much to you both! Think if I get in, I'm all in for the outfit too, can't imagine trying to make something like that.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl Meanwhile over here I tried to make it, first time making 1/6 clothing :rotfl Didn't turn out too bad but definitely not HT quality

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl Meanwhile over here I tried to make it, first time making 1/6 clothing :rotfl Didn't turn out too bad but definitely not HT quality
Come on, don't sell yourself short! You probably just need more practice. :) I wish the Howlies outfit had more people interested but at this point I really doubt you'll get ten. :(

I'd be happy if my WS showed up already but Buck is really taking his sweet time ....

I'm almost ready to give in and order that Ebay head ... then again it's not really that good ... then again the Acplay head is most likely hideous ... :gah:

Come on, don't sell yourself short! You probably just need more practice. :) I wish the Howlies outfit had more people interested but at this point I really doubt you'll get ten. :(

I'd be happy if my WS showed up already but Buck is really taking his sweet time ....

I'm almost ready to give in and order that Ebay head ... then again it's not really that good ... then again the Acplay head is most likely hideous ... :gah:

Yeah I doubt it too. I think my only hope is if people love the headsculpt Waruna prints, and decide they want the figure.

Hey guys, I have a question about those ebay china power sellers.

Purchased wto Hot toys Civil War figures, both came without the brown shipper. The seller was toys4kidult. Item is new as described, but no brown shipper. I noticed Timcent also posts pictures w/o the brown shipper.

Is this normal, has anyone purchased from these guys before?

Thanks

Hey guys, I have a question about those ebay china power sellers.

Purchased wto Hot toys Civil War figures, both came without the brown shipper. The seller was toys4kidult. Item is new as described, but no brown shipper. I noticed Timcent also posts pictures w/o the brown shipper.

Is this normal, has anyone purchased from these guys before?

Thanks

If I'm not mistaken, you don't get brown shippers from China.
I have ordered a lot of Hot Toys from China and haven't received shippers.
The only Hot Toys I've received shippers for is the diecast series.

Got my loose CW Bucky yesterday and I absolutely love the head! I really dunno why some people thought it wasn't good. ^^ Not saying it's perfect, just that I am more than pleased with HT. :) I wish CW Bucky would finally be in-stock with German retailers so I can display him in his CW gear and a gun but thanks to civvie Bucky, I can now also enjoy the new head sculpt. :) Still not entire sure what to do with the CW body though. Either I'm gonna keep it as a spare or replace the Acplay one with it.

So yeah, awesome head. *_*

IMG_1257-3.jpg

Had some fun reposing these two over the weekend, just need Mk 46 to complete the scene; hopefully SSC receives it next month.

image.jpg

Thanks, man! Based the poses on actual moves in scenes by each character straight out of the ending fight sequence. :duff

Well, someone was gonna do it.....

Awesome custom work.
Credit: basics15 on Insta.
I wanna repaint..... And hair. :monkey3

wintersoldiercustom_basics15.jpg

:lol you're not! I'm probably the last. :lol ... I did get a loose figure though but my actual preorder for him is still nowhere in sight ... :gah:

Damn, such a long time to wait isn't it :impatient:...the joys of living this side of the pond!! :gah: Hope he makes an appearance for you soon! :pray:

Back