1/6 Hot Toys MMS351 Captain America: Civil War The Winter Soldier Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_oj9oswxhVd1sq03u7o1_400.gif

Ooo-kay ...

So, while the head sculpt could indeed be much better, it's far from as horrible as you make it seem. I mean, please, it looks nothing like McAvoy. Civil War Ant-Man looks more like Affleck than Rudd but this head sculpt here does look like Seb. It's not perfect but please, which head sculpts are? I think, right now, you're kinda trying too hard to find things wrong with the head sculpt, comparing photos that have different lighting or angles or whatnot, that you're unable to see the good points. So, lean back a little, stop overanalysing coz either you do and get your WS and realise he's so much better than you expected, or you'll start resenting that sculpt so much that you won't enjoy that figure and then that money is probably better spent on something else.

At least wait till the first reviews are up before you rip that figure apart. :dunno or you know ... till you have it in hand.

That being said, I am stoked to get Buck. :panic: I think he looks great and Cap and him will get the awesome display they deserve. Can't wait to get a second head for my ACPlay civvies Buck. :3

Ooo-kay ...

So, while the head sculpt could indeed be much better, it's far from as horrible as you make it seem. I mean, please, it looks nothing like McAvoy. Civil War Ant-Man looks more like Affleck than Rudd but this head sculpt here does look like Seb. It's not perfect but please, which head sculpts are? I think, right now, you're kinda trying too hard to find things wrong with the head sculpt, comparing photos that have different lighting or angles or whatnot, that you're unable to see the good points. So, lean back a little, stop overanalysing coz either you do and get your WS and realise he's so much better than you expected, or you'll start resenting that sculpt so much that you won't enjoy that figure and then that money is probably better spent on something else.

At least wait till the first reviews are up before you rip that figure apart. :dunno or you know ... till you have it in hand.

That being said, I am stoked to get Buck. :panic: I think he looks great and Cap and him will get the awesome display they deserve. Can't wait to get a second head for my ACPlay civvies Buck. :3

Yeah I kind of have to agree. I didn't think the sculpt looked as much like Seb as it could've when I saw it, but I'm letting it go and just enjoying the fact we have a Bucky figure at all. And, honestly, the sculpt's growing on me. Is the Iron Studios likeness better? Yes. But am I going to let the fact I don't have a mini clone of Seb in hand ruin the figure for me? No. I'll enjoy it for what it is, and someday, they'll get the likeness better like with Black Widow. Just let it go, dude.

Yeah I kind of have to agree. I didn't think the sculpt looked as much like Seb as it could've when I saw it, but I'm letting it go and just enjoying the fact we have a Bucky figure at all. And, honestly, the sculpt's growing on me. Is the Iron Studios likeness better? Yes. But am I going to let the fact I don't have a mini clone of Seb in hand ruin the figure for me? No. I'll enjoy it for what it is, and someday, they'll get the likeness better like with Black Widow. Just let it go, dude.
Yeah and once they do get a near perfect likeness, people who aren't happy with this sculpt here can just replace it with the new one. People did that with Cap and they'll do it with other figures too. Hell, I might even do it with my AoU Wanda. It's just the natural course of things. Nothing is perfect from the start, it develops over time and improves or well ... doesn't ... *glances at Ant-Man*. And sometimes, the unbelievable happens and despite you planning to replace the original head, you end up liking it coz yes, some figures look better in hand than they do on photographs. Also, some people really don't know how to make a figure look good on photos so even CW Black Widow would look horrible ... which shouldn't even be possible.

And regarding the Iron Studios sculpt ... it is probably better, yes, but there are also enough things about it that I don't like. I could go on an on about how the hair looks like spagetti or how the face sculpt looks not really advantageous from some angles but I won't coz I like the overall piece and presentation and I'm sure I'll love it once I get it.

MoS Jor-El and Christopher Reeve Superman, to name a couple. At least near perfect.
Ant-Man 1, CW Black Widow, yes, but the point was, if you wanna find imperfections in a head sculpt and stare at it long enough you will find them no matter how good the sculpt is. And if you don't, someone else will.

Ant-Man 1, CW Black Widow, yes, but the point was, if you wanna find imperfections in a head sculpt and stare at it long enough you will find them no matter how good the sculpt is. And if you don't, someone else will.

I know, I was only being humorous. :lol

Quality of sculpt likenesses tend to be purely subjective.

Ooo-kay ...

Well, don't know if I'll be happy with the fig, but that .gif made me laugh my *** off. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

First.. It totally sucks that castle was cancelled.

Second, man, the sheen on the new arm looks so much better than the winter soldier version.

My final payment got pushed back to Feb. 25th from January. So I'm assuming he'll be out sometime at the beginning of Feb., I'll try to pay him off early if I'm allowed vs. waiting until almost March.

I think this headsculpt is superior to the the "black eyes" version that came with the original WS, but I do still think there's room for improvement in capturing Stan's likeness.

HT has generally improved likeness with each release, though some actors seem to have easier to capture features; for example, I don't think they can improve on Strange - it's amazing. The only time an HT sculpt "devolved" to me that I can think of was with TDW Loki.

Goodness, OSK already has a FULL KO version of this figure up for preorder. Not just a headsculpt, full figure minus the gun and some more hands.

I saw that, it's crazy how carefree some of these "companies" are
Ha ha that's a shame
Please guys don't be like a man with a fake Rolex

If you guys buy the knock off Bucky please make another thread

I personally don't want to see people bragging about how they got a $60000 watch for $50 and how we are all chumps or some nonsense about consumerism

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Back