1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats that have to do with wanting to know if anybody has this problem?

I believe he's only trying to help you, man. I think his point is that if you're unable to free stand the figure on its own without it toppling over, then the joint(s) probably is indeed too loose.

instead of being beaten, Superman should have flown around and kept distance while blasting bat brain in the ass with some heat vision, that and pick up a Sedan and throw it at him....that would have ended the bat boy dead in his tracks. armored suit or not.
I know right? Batman, no doubt. Would have died that night if Kent lost all morality.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I believe he's only trying to help you, man. I think his point is that if you're unable to free stand the figure on its own without it toppling over, then the joint(s) probably is indeed too loose.

I get that, but it would be nice if this community could help a fellow collector out. I know a bunch of you guys have him, but yet not a one of you has answered. I didnt feel as if that question was that difficult to answer, especially with everybody posing him for pics. I rarely post in this forum, but if someone had a question that I could answer, then I would.

I get that, but it would be nice if this community could help a fellow collector out. I know a bunch of you guys have him, but yet not a one of you has answered. I didnt feel as if that question was that difficult to answer, especially with everybody posing him for pics. I rarely post in this forum, but if someone had a question that I could answer, then I would.

I understand. However, the impression I got was that he's just trying to get an idea for how loose the joint on your figure actually is. Your figure obviously isn't in others' hands and levels of looseness could potentially vary to different people on what they consider to be too loose.

I don't have mine yet, but I've heard that the figure is top heavy and that the ankle joints are a bit of a weak point, due to the fact that they're not ratcheted on such a heavy figure. Although I don't believe I've seen anyone report here that their figure topples over due to a weak knee joint or joints. So I think his point was that if the knee joint on yours is loose to the point where it prevents the figure from being able to stand on its own, then it probably is indeed a little too loose because it should be able to stand on its own without buckling at the knees.

The ankles are loose, those i can fix. My legs aren't horribly loose, just wondering if there suppose to have ratchets or not

There's a simple and reversible trick for slightly loose ankles, wrists etc...
Dip the ball of the ankle peg in Pledge Floor Care Finish (it used to be called Future and you probably have some under your sink).
It is basically a glossy acrylic varnish which will form a thin film around the peg.
Let it dry for a few hours so it's fully cured and the added layer should solve the problem.
You can add as many layers as needed.
If you want to get rid of it just dip it in Windex for 10 minutes (longer if needed) and wipe clean.
The ammonia contained in Windex will remove the acrylic without damaging the part itself.

I understand. However, the impression I got was that he's just trying to get an idea for how loose the joint on your figure actually is. Your figure obviously isn't in others' hands and levels of looseness could potentially vary to different people on what they consider to be too loose.

I don't have mine yet, but I've heard that the figure is top heavy and that the ankle joints are a bit of a weak point, due to the fact that they're not ratcheted on such a heavy figure. Although I don't believe I've seen anyone report here that their figure topples over due to a weak knee joint or joints. So I think his point was that if the knee joint on yours is loose to the point where it prevents the figure from being able to stand on its own, then it probably is indeed a little too loose because it should be able to stand on its own without buckling at the knees.

^This. Just trying to help. No need to get upset with us. I have figures that also have looser knee joints than others but I feel that a good rule of thumb is to test to see if they can stand on their own without using the base they come with. That's a perfectly good indication to test to see how good or bad their articulation can be in my opinion.

If the figure does in fact topple over quite easily than I would say yes the knees are weak and I'd call or email sideshow.

Currently I'm waiting on a order of smaller stands to hold the figures up more securely but I do have the armored batman in the curio without the stand and he is standing just fine. If he didn't I would worry as well.

That's weird. Mine shipped a week ago today (got it Monday) and I only order a week before that.

Oh dear. Sideshow contacted. I wonder if it caused an issue that I pre-ordered all the BvS figs at once, with one big combined deposit. They sent out Superman when he was released but maybe the rest fell through cracks in the system ... Thanks for the heads up!

Oh dear. Sideshow contacted. I wonder if it caused an issue that I pre-ordered all the BvS figs at once, with one big combined deposit. They sent out Superman when he was released but maybe the rest fell through cracks in the system ... Thanks for the heads up!

Sometimes they use old credit cards you may have had on file. This actually just happened to me, when I got my shipping notice for Knightmare Batman it said the balance (just the shipping) would be charged to a Visa card I don't think I've had for probably 2 or 3 years. I had to call up and change it.

Hi Steve:
I have this figure & the ankles IMHO are a bit loose to support the weight of the figure. They do not have ratchets. If you have issues at the knees, makes sure they are pushed all the way up into the thighs, sometimes they can slip down. If your figure has excessively loose knees, it probably has a problem. There are several tricks to tighten up ankle joints, like mentioned above. I apply some gel super glue and work it around the joint to tighten it up without freezing it in place. Good luck with your figure.

I used pipe thread tape and wrapped it around the ball and that worked well for a while. I have re-applied it once since and the joint stays nice and stiff....heh, stiff.

So since I've moved into my house and got the Detolf curio I haven't placed any of my figures into it although I'm dying to start. My issue with it is it rattles quite a bit when opening and closing it especially since it's on carpet. I worry since figures like this will topple over quite easily without the stand and I don't want to use the stand because I'll lose some serious real estate. Anyone have any tips?
I recommend only installing one of the magnets on the detolf, preferably the top one where you decide to place the handle to open the door. It allows you to open the case much easier and smoother without having such recoil force from the metal popping off the magnet in two locations. You can control it better when opening the door by bracing the wood ceiling with one hand, catching the door with the thumb of said hand, and pulling the door handle with the opposite hand. This minimizes the shaking and rattling as you say.

Currently I'm waiting on a order of smaller stands to hold the figures up more securely but I do have the armored batman in the curio without the stand and he is standing just fine. If he didn't I would worry as well.

Once I receive Armored Bats, I'm going to swap stands with the Superman figure and use the crotch grabber on Supes and the c-clamp stand that comes with Supes on Armored Bats. I don't like c-clamps around any figures with a fabric suit, so I feel it's a bit safer around a smoother surface, such as plastic. Also, being that the ankles are apparently a bit of a weak point since he's top heavy, the c-clamp would probably be a bit more secure. This way, they'll both be able to safely use the BvS bases.

Being that I have to worry about earthquakes, I in no way feel comfortable freely displaying my figures without any support.

Once I receive Armored Bats, I'm going to swap stands with the Superman figure and use the crotch grabber on Supes and the c-clamp stand that comes with Supes on Armored Bats. I don't like c-clamps around any figures with a fabric suit, so I feel it's a bit safer around a smoother surface, such as plastic. Also, being that the ankles are apparently a bit of a weak point since he's top heavy, the c-clamp would probably be a bit more secure. This way, they'll both be able to safely use the BvS bases.

Being that I have to worry about earthquakes, I in no way feel comfortable freely displaying my figures without any support.

Yeah earthquakes are no Bueno. We don't have that problem in NY. I love the stands but it's just they take up so much real estate. I ordered a lot of 10 of smaller stands with crotch grabbers for $28 shipped on eBay. They look to be the exact stand used for the Catwoman and Batsuit Begins Hot Toys.

Don't know if there is another thread or a place for it, but it's reading like a "tips for display" discussion in here... :)

What figure are we talking about again? Oh yeah...this one...

Yeah earthquakes are no Bueno. We don't have that problem in NY. I love the stands but it's just they take up so much real estate. I ordered a lot of 10 of smaller stands with crotch grabbers for $28 shipped on eBay. They look to be the exact stand used for the Catwoman and Batsuit Begins Hot Toys.

Yeah, I know what you mean about bases taking up a lot of real estate. I have many of my figures on the crotch grabber stands on a plain oval base that you speak of, as a result of them coming with a base that is too voluminous. All three of my MoS figures, DX12, BR Keaton Batman, TWS Falcon, a few Iron Man figures, a couple of Thors, just to give a few examples. Or, I also use those stands if the figure comes with a base that only has a c-clamp stand.

These BvS bases are also a bit more spacious than what I would prefer, but I like the film so much and the figures are so well done, that I'm going to find a way to make displaying the figures with their respective bases work. These bases just make the figures stand out so much more to me.

Back