1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the black chrome version, although I really feel like that was unnecessary to my collection I just got him because he is an exclusive, but in a way he looks wet like he did in the movie.

I try to get whatever exclusives I can. I currently only have in my possession DX11 EX and the EX Bank Robber Joker 2.0. I used to have Catwoman as well, but I sold her along with a few others after I initially bought my house. I actually sold the DX11 and quickly regretted it but thankfully I bought him back in the same condition just without the brown shipper (which I acquired again anyway) for the same price I sold him which was $425. I'll never sell my collection again.

I'm in Europe, so everything is a loss...

You'd think HotToys or sideshows would have a EU warehouse or something. The mark up for us is absolutely ridiculous!

I'm picking up the BvS figures through sideshow using my cousin who lives in NY as a proxy and see how much I save that way

You'd think HotToys or sideshows would have a EU warehouse or something. The mark up for us is absolutely ridiculous!

I'm picking up the BvS figures through sideshow using my cousin who lives in NY as a proxy and see how much I save that way

Yeah, I wish I had a contact in the US. That would save me 100's of USD every year. Lucky you :yess:

I try to get whatever exclusives I can. I currently only have in my possession DX11 EX and the EX Bank Robber Joker 2.0. I used to have Catwoman as well, but I sold her along with a few others after I initially bought my house. I actually sold the DX11 and quickly regretted it but thankfully I bought him back in the same condition just without the brown shipper (which I acquired again anyway) for the same price I sold him which was $425. I'll never sell my collection again.

Whenever I PO a figure, I always get the exclusive version just because it's generally the same price as the regular version, so why not? When it comes to buying figures on the secondary market, I get whichever version is cheaper; especially if the exclusive version comes with an accessory that I'd really have no use for anyway (i.e. The Vader helmet on Luke sculpt with the DX07 set).

Whenever I PO a figure, I always get the exclusive version just because it's generally the same price as the regular version, so why not? When it comes to buying figures on the secondary market, I get whichever version is cheaper; especially if the exclusive version comes with an accessory that I'd really have no use for anyway (i.e. The Vader helmet on Luke sculpt with the DX07 set).

Of course. I would've had one more ex figure in the Catwoman but I sold her. I ordered Batman and Superman in the two pack as well as the chrome armor figure. I'm wondering if Knightmare will be an EX as well.

wow Prime 1 Studios certainly nailed the finish on armored Bats!

Prime-1-BvS-Armored-Batman.jpg

Seems none of HT's armored Bats are able to match Prime 1's in terms of color accuracy..

true but you pay $2200 for that accuracy....

Haha good point..but even HT's lifesize didn't have the same paint apps...so it seems more likely that HT doesn't have the know-how, or just didn't want to do it

Haha good point..but even HT's lifesize didn't have the same paint apps...so it seems more likely that HT doesn't have the know-how, or just didn't want to do it

It's a prototype. Compare the actual product pics and then let's see who doesn't have the talent.

Besides, just because the prime 1 is shiny doesn't mean it's accurate. The hot toys versions are closer to how the practical suits are done. Here's a pic of the actual suit

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Me too, I just hope they fix his mouth. I have the black chrome figure preordered, and used some rewards points to knock it down to $200.

Being a frequent buyer from BigBadToyStore, I'm nervous about how the condition of the box will be. My Sideshow DX11 arrived with all sides of the box torn up. I don't display the boxes, but when it's an exclusive figure like this, I always want to keep the box in good shape.

Is it possible to upgrade the pack-out options with Sideshow after you've ordered?

It's a prototype. Compare the actual product pics and then let's see who doesn't have the talent.

Besides, just because the prime 1 is shiny doesn't mean it's accurate. The hot toys versions are closer to how the practical suits are done. Here's a pic of the actual suit

While you are right, I like Prime1s better since its shiny like in the scene, because of the rain which makes it look cooler.

I'd rather a "wet" version rather than this chrome version. I'd get that over the regular edition

HT must fix the mouth, I just want a ordinary mouth plate and that's not too much to ask
If they want to do an open mouth they have to NAIL IT!!! Certainly not this one, it doesn't look Batfleck enough!

Do you guys think the BvS will be around for a long while to reach possible free shipping status? Or will they eventually go to WL like Marvel figures after a run in the $20 off coupon period?

Back