1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pulled down the cape on that side as far as it can go. It is still very lopsided.

Oh I forgot to mention, my armored batman that arrived today came with a $20 off sideshow code [emoji851]

I just checked and the code works with all their new releases (hot toys suicide figures, BvS figures, Civil War figures)

Something to look forward to for everyone waiting for their Armored Batman from Sideshow =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got same 20.00 off with my sdcc exclusive art print. Will have to use it on armored bats. I have black chrome exclusive ordered.

Just got mine and got him all setup. This is my first hot toys figure and overall im pleased. Before I even took him out of the box I noticed one issue where the top ab piece of the 3 that are there was bent out of shape where as the other 2 sat flush on his stomach. I tried heating it but it kept going back to the bent form. Eventually I just glued it down and now its perfect, figured theres no real articulation at that spot anyways so it doesnt matter. Then there was a very small smidge of gold paint on the left underarm. I was able to basically scrap it off with a toothpick. Other than that I absolutely love the presence of this figure and cant wait to give him company in the form of knightmare and regular batman. armoredbatman.jpgarmoredbatman222.jpg

Got same 20.00 off with my sdcc exclusive art print. Will have to use it on armored bats. I have black chrome exclusive ordered.

Were you able to use the code? I received a code in the mail with my sideshow R2 and it wont let me add to the armored batman.

On anyone else's figure does the stomach piece sit flush or does it poof out ever so slightly? Mine as you can see in the pic goes out just slightly but I've seen pics where it hugs the figure pretty close. Also no matter what I do they are somewhat uneven which I think is inevitable since they move freely.

This seems pretty brutal considering the 1st releases from Hong Kong had no faults-mine included it's perfect as I know many others are.
Makes me worry for my chrome edition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me or do more figures seem to have issues more so than ever before?

The last couple of releases. This, Deadpool obviously and superman had a lot of flaws. I think there rushing stuff out to fit their crazy schedule now. Normally hot toys quality control is pretty good but it definitely seems like it took a hit. Just my thoughts tho

I'm hoping the regular batman doesn't have any problems when it arrives. Haven't seen any problems from the people that have bought them directly from Hot Toys

HT QC has seemed like it's been slipping a bit recently, but in my experience, expecting a completely "flawless" figure is a bit unrealistic. Especially with these being hand made. Even though they're expensive, when it comes down to it, they're still just 1/6 scale figures.

Sure some things are worse than others, but I don't believe you're always going to get a figure where everything just lines up perfectly flush, there are utterly, absolutely no blemishes in the paint apps, the pleats in the cape are perfectly even and symmetrical, etc.

I think some tend to scrutinize these things so much, even if the figure actually is indeed "perfect", people will still find something on it that they wish wasn't there. Which when you think about it, is actually kind of funny and sad at the same time because nothing goes unnoticed on a 1/6 scale figure and we'll notice something that is no bigger than a grain of salt, but we'll often miss things on our own bodies. :lol

HT QC has seemed like it's been slipping a bit recently, but in my experience, expecting a completely "flawless" figure is a bit unrealistic. Especially with these being hand made. Even though they're expensive, when it comes down to it, they're still just 1/6 scale figures.

Sure some things are worse than others, but I don't believe you're always going to get a figure where everything just lines up perfectly flush, there are utterly, absolutely no blemishes in the paint apps, the pleats in the cape are perfectly even and symmetrical, etc.

I do completely agree there is now flawless figure it just seems that the problems with these figures now are a little more annoying to try to live with. We had problems with our Suoerman's and I think we both kept the original because the replacements were worst lol. That's kinda sad haha

I didn't really have anything that I considered "issues" with my Supermans and never got a replacement. A very small glue spot on the rear end of one that is covered by the cape anyway and a few faint darker pores on the neck of another, which actually turned out to actually be relatively accurate.

Just got mine and got him all setup. This is my first hot toys figure and overall im pleased. Before I even took him out of the box I noticed one issue where the top ab piece of the 3 that are there was bent out of shape where as the other 2 sat flush on his stomach. I tried heating it but it kept going back to the bent form. Eventually I just glued it down and now its perfect, figured theres no real articulation at that spot anyways so it doesnt matter. Then there was a very small smidge of gold paint on the left underarm. I was able to basically scrap it off with a toothpick. Other than that I absolutely love the presence of this figure and cant wait to give him company in the form of knightmare and regular batman. View attachment 291559View attachment 291560

My middle armor piece sticks a little out too. Also my cape is lopsided as well

My middle armor piece sticks a little out too. Also my cape is lopsided as well
I went and looked at actual movie photos and it seems to vary there as well. Sometimes its flat sometimes its got a slight curve to that particular section. Overall I'm fine with it.

Thanks for the response. I did have to glue the upper piece so I'm good I think,my wife says I'm being ocd.

No worries. :duff

I can understand without a doubt the excitement of receiving a figure, especially one highly anticipated, and finding something on it that we don't necessarily like. However, I think many of us let it consume us though. Out of my experience collecting these things, the reality is that there's not many that are going to just be utterly perfect; especially with them being hand made. I have many figures where I can go through each one and point out the most minute "blemish" on it. Others probably wouldn't notice it, but I know it's there. When it comes down to it, they're still just 1/6 scale figures and obviously won't have as much detail as something that is in larger scale.

I can obviously understand unsightly, overly noticeable errant paint that's not in color with the rest surface it's on, extremely loose or broken joints, something that is overly asymmetrical or ripped fabric, but I think some things that people let consume them are a little trifling.

Back