Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll never know - about the P2 elder at least
there were no "elders" in P2 :pfft:
as well as "elite enough to hunt without mask" or "elite" in any way.
all that ******** is built into your brain by elvish-cavemen-samurai-warcraft-marvel-starwars-brainwashing comics :)

Manitoba%20Duck%20Hunting.JPG

your "elder" analog of an old predator, called simply as "old guy" and never "leader", "elite" or "elder" in comments, is in the middle there. he's a giude who knows good places to hunt, that's all.

Canada Waterfowl Hunting

Last edited:
there were no "elders" in P2 :pfft:
as well as "elite enough to hunt without mask" or "elite" in any way.
all that ******** is built into your brain by elvish-cavemen-samurai-warcraft-marvel-starwars-brainwashing comics :)

Manitoba%20Duck%20Hunting.JPG

your "elder" analog of an old predator, called simply as "old guy" and never "leader", "elite" or "elder" in comments, is in the middle there. he's a giude who knows good places to hunt, that's all.

Canada Waterfowl Hunting

My friend,

1. I am allergic to anything comic, fan fiction or backstory-like when it comes to predators. So skip the brain wash talk.

2. I never said leader, only elder/elite. Although the way he acts, and subsequently how the others react in P2, suggests a leader like position at least. If not full on leader.

3. Elders, including grandpa in the middle in your pic, are veterans who more often than not have been around and hunted longer than the others. Which would lead to increased guile and skills/attributes learned. So he could in fact be elite enough to not need some of the weapons the young ones require.

That said, all of this is speculation as the only truth is each frame we see in the film(s).

3) grandpa in that pic must be a local guide hired by people coming from far to hunt. and any guide should be listened to, as he comands this particular trip and knows a lot more.

Gage Outdoor Expeditions is an exclusive, full service Canada waterfowl hunting lodge that will exceed your expectations.
All of our hunts are fully guided by experienced Manitoba waterfowl hunters.
from the page i deliberately posted :) it's hired staff, not leader.

Last edited:
Hey does anyone have a body they're willing to part with/ know where this figure is still parted out? I know Toyanxiety has one but the price plus shipping to New Zealand is pretty pricey. The reason I ask is because I bought this figure on the cheap, complete with everything, just with a broken hip joint, and I know fixing hip joints is basically impossible.

I have never bought any predator figures, but saw the 2.0 and was pretty blown away from the videos on YouTube. Is the general consensus that this 2.0 Elder is the best Predator? That was my impression from watching youtube videos but I didn't realise how many Predator figures are out there.

If you had to buy one predator for your collection, which one would it be? This 2.0 Elder looks so awesome from the videos and I am pretty tempted to try and find one for a decent price

The 2.0 is a good figure for sure. Personally still a huge fan of Classic from the Predators line or Scar 2.0. They would be the top two out of the five that Ive owned for sure.

The 2.0 is a good figure for sure. Personally still a huge fan of Classic from the Predators line or Scar 2.0. They would be the top two out of the five that Ive owned for sure.
Classic is my favorite with city Hunter second and then elder p2 2.0

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

I have never bought any predator figures, but saw the 2.0 and was pretty blown away from the videos on YouTube. Is the general consensus that this 2.0 Elder is the best Predator? That was my impression from watching youtube videos but I didn't realise how many Predator figures are out there.

If you had to buy one predator for your collection, which one would it be? This 2.0 Elder looks so awesome from the videos and I am pretty tempted to try and find one for a decent price

I have the P1'd Classic, City Hunter 2.0 (with TD mask), the Predators trio, Elder 2.0 and Celtic. Quality wise the Elder is right up there at the top, with Celtic. If you can get a mask upgrade though, get the City Hunter. That said, the Elder has so much detail that you can spend hours just admiring each square centimeter. The reason I say get the P2 is, once you have it you'll want more. And that way you can follow up with the Elder and Celtic. And then Classic with GB's P1 kit. This is of course until they make a 2.0 P1. If/when they make it.

TL;DR: you won't go wrong Elder, it's fantastic. But it might leave you done. If you get any of the others first, you'll end up getting more.

I have the P1'd Classic, City Hunter 2.0 (with TD mask), the Predators trio, Elder 2.0 and Celtic. Quality wise the Elder is right up there at the top, with Celtic. If you can get a mask upgrade though, get the City Hunter. That said, the Elder has so much detail that you can spend hours just admiring each square centimeter. The reason I say get the P2 is, once you have it you'll want more. And that way you can follow up with the Elder and Celtic. And then Classic with GB's P1 kit. This is of course until they make a 2.0 P1. If/when they make it.

TL;DR: you won't go wrong Elder, it's fantastic. But it might leave you done. If you get any of the others first, you'll end up getting more.

Thank you for the response, and other responses as well.

Think you summed it up pretty perfectly for me. Seeing as I am a person on a budget, and not being a huge predators fan at all (sorry!), seems like you really can't go wrong with this figure.

I have purchased one HT before, but will be weeks before I get it in. If I purchase this elder somewhat soon, it would be the first figure in my possession. Thinking about it is making me feel like a little kid again. And this figure just looks bad to the bone to me.

Thank you for the response, and other responses as well.

Think you summed it up pretty perfectly for me. Seeing as I am a person on a budget, and not being a huge predators fan at all (sorry!), seems like you really can't go wrong with this figure.

I have purchased one HT before, but will be weeks before I get it in. If I purchase this elder somewhat soon, it would be the first figure in my possession. Thinking about it is making me feel like a little kid again. And this figure just looks bad to the bone to me.
Just keep in mind that the elder does not have a mask

Doing some more research on this figure, seems like everyone thought the value on this figure would appreciate over time. But the 2.0 version and the original are both affordable HT figures on ebay.

Doing some more research on this figure, seems like everyone thought the value on this figure would appreciate over time. But the 2.0 version and the original are both affordable HT figures on ebay.

Not many people care for the 2.0's. Easy cash ins from Hot Toys. I'd rather see another company have a shot at the 1/6 Predator license.

Not many people care for the 2.0's. Easy cash ins from Hot Toys. I'd rather see another company have a shot at the 1/6 Predator license.
I had an original elder p2 and guardian sold both. The older version elder scar p1 p2 are night and day from the newer versions.
I own scar 2.0 classic 2.0 p2 2.0 all of which are better. Body is completely different on 2.0 no ab crunch or bobble head paint is better to all minus the face for p2 where the original had better paint.
Be happy ht has the liscense you should see what sideshow did to the 1;1 bio....
Sideshow made pass tense great statues for avp
d1d7044716f6e73c94e3e15a83f470dc.jpg

Just got this piece for a great deal on eBay since retail is originally why I passed on it. But man do I love the detail, very fragile tho. Seen some of the mods done in this thread that I may give a try. Is getting the head to look down really restricted on everyone else's? Pretty sure it's because of the neck wrap.
1139b23095d0b29a0d62d124ebf309f0.jpg
cef1e770c02c9cb652d8b7aa2e3b5534.jpg
49ea68e8255a68dc0d219db86ec25dd7.jpg
efc03fc3b13ee6eafda9f74b748d5e57.jpg
eeba410dca363fe889f44c7a26a6c49b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only have the first version from hot toys and I don't think it looked anything like that

The original's price was stabilized by the release of 2.0. I like this newer version, but there is a beauty to the original because it was the first Predator I bought where the dread were not jutting out of the head.

The original's price was stabilized by the release of 2.0. I like this newer version, but there is a beauty to the original because it was the first Predator I bought where the dread were not jutting out of the head.
I paid an obscene about for that figure. Build him from scratch with white knuckles sold him for 275.00 when I heard about the 2.0 I will never make that mistake again. The 2.0 looks ok it seems to much like the gimped looking avp elder. Not being a d just giving my opinion. Maybe it's just the lighting.

Still love this guy... he's my only pred since I gave my P1/Classic to my son, now I'm waiting on Wolf and P1 2.0

I know some guys used a clear gray paint to tame the blue on the dreds, but the old photobucket pics aren't visible anymore. I tried a different less permanent method, rubbing each dred with baby powder. I'm liking the color much better, and now they match the color of the whiskers.
HYCC6H.jpg

Last edited:
Back