Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill have to check mine out and see how they are holding up. I live in the Pacific NW but most of these are second hand from other people. I did notice when I first got my Berserker that the dreads seemed almost a little stickyish? I just got done moving them to the other side of my room and wish I would have check then but will give an update once I see.

Well sorry to hear about your Pred's dreads. I found one of these on eBay for 285 + free shipping ordered it just now, best deal I could find. Hopefully it's worth it.

It’s an awesome figure, very highly detailed. Arguably one of the better Predator figures. I got mine new earlier this year and the dreads seem to be holding fine. The only case I’ve read of the bead thread cutting through the dread is the individual who recently mentioned it.

It’s an awesome figure, very highly detailed. Arguably one of the better Predator figures. I got mine new earlier this year and the dreads seem to be holding fine. The only case I’ve read of the bead thread cutting through the dread is the individual who recently mentioned it.

Good to hear, I'm looking forward to this figure. It looks great in the pics throughout this thread and people kept posting that it looks even better in person. I'll have to get the Shadow and Classic Predators later to go with this one.

1541627532171530256767.jpg

Got my Elder today, looks great. Does anybody know how to mod the plasma caster to be farther away from the head like in the movie? I don't like how his dreads are pushed into an unnatural position because of this shoulder thingamabob.

1541627532171530256767.jpg

Got my Elder today, looks great. Does anybody know how to mod the plasma caster to be farther away from the head like in the movie? I don't like how his dreads are pushed into an unnatural position because of this shoulder thingamabob.

You need to remove whole backpack and move it away from the head. I did that.

Hi guys, are there any Predator experts out there who think the 2.0 Elder could be converted to look like the classic predator design from the first film? maybe a combination of the Hot Toys classic predator and the Elder together? I'm not sure if this would be possible but could the mandibles on the elder be resculpted to look more like the predator's from the first film? A lot of work and money I'm sure, but it seems unlikely HT will ever release the classic design again so I was just wondering...

Finally got one of these [emoji16]
Been looking for one for a few years.
6ee4176e21093e1fbfff40396b33dc8a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Hi guys, are there any Predator experts out there who think the 2.0 Elder could be converted to look like the classic predator design from the first film? maybe a combination of the Hot Toys classic predator and the Elder together? I'm not sure if this would be possible but could the mandibles on the elder be resculpted to look more like the predator's from the first film? A lot of work and money I'm sure, but it seems unlikely HT will ever release the classic design again so I was just wondering...

your best bet would be the classic predator and get German Beast (he's on FB and here as well) conversion kit.

Today i got this amazing piece, i would like to know where the dog tags goes in the figure, i would like to add some details to the figure or can someone show me where you added the dog tags on yours figure.

Today i got this amazing piece, i would like to know where the dog tags goes in the figure, i would like to add some details to the figure or can someone show me where you added the dog tags on yours figure.

Iirc it's kind of ambiguous in the horrible lighting in that scene. There're some good images through google image search - check where they are located on his chest and try to attach them accordingly. I don't know that there is any one correct proven place to hang them, but i may be wrong. Ask p., if he doesn't know or hasn't figured it out, no one has. Yo P.! This dude's got a question!

to see the dogtags you need to check this one or two seconds scene, when camera goes from Greyback's belt and up. you'll easily see them because they are swinging from one side to another.

H6OsOh4.jpg

an image i'll post below will help you understand where to look for two dogtags, one of them with a big hole in it.
no good details can be caught on a screenshot, you need to see the video in movement and pause it yourself when you notice them.
but once you see them you won't lose them again.

T6vEQ9Z.jpg

so basically you simply attach the longer chain of a dog tag pair to the shorter bead accessory hanging on predator's chest.

i know that V-Raptor has already added dogtags on his Greyback. i didn't yet. he will do it when he completely reworks mine :)

to see the dogtags you need to check this one or two seconds scene, when camera goes from Greyback's belt and up. you'll easily see them because they are swinging from one side to another.

H6OsOh4.jpg

an image i'll post below will help you understand where to look for two dogtags, one of them with a big hole in it.
no good details can be caught on a screenshot, you need to see the video in movement and pause it yourself when you notice them.
but once you see them you won't lose them again.

T6vEQ9Z.jpg

so basically you simply attach the longer chain of a dog tag pair to the shorter bead accessory hanging on predator's chest.

i know that V-Raptor has already added dogtags on his Greyback. i didn't yet. he will do it when he completely reworks mine :)

Oh thanks, so i will just hang them by the shorter necklace, now i just need to get or make some 1/6 scale dogtags lol, i think making the movie right elbow cloth wrap is easier... just need to draw the indian symbol on a piece of fabric.

I couldnt get some dogtags for the elder so i made ones
184475894_513555443012659_1864584812954397260_n.jpg
184420264_513555486345988_3098054095304516940_n.jpg
184409482_513555536345983_2661370408374923581_n.jpg

I added to the netmesh on the left arm and the marine symbol on the right one
184941416_513651063003097_661561570504827695_n.jpg

Shared this in the Wolf thread, might as well post it here since it involves the Elder as well. I'm planning to place a glass cloche around each figure for a capsule-style display, we'll see how that goes when they arrive.

PXL_20210606_050836833_small.jpg

And yes, that's a completely unrelated print behind them. :lol

Shared this in the Wolf thread, might as well post it here since it involves the Elder as well. I'm planning to place a glass cloche around each figure for a capsule-style display, we'll see how that goes when they arrive.

And yes, that's a completely unrelated print behind them. :lol

Nice clean display.

I did not realize how big that dog alien bust was, I kind of want a Big chap or Warrior one now. Thanks for making me want to spend more money. :gah:

Back