Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this figure and it has a loose waist swivel. Does anybody else have this problem?

I haven't heard of anyone having this issue before and mine does not have that problem. If you obtained it "used" its possible the previous owner did a lot of pose change ups.

Either way, I think this has got to be one of the most underrated figures every done by HT. I remember I picked this up on SS on sale for like $135. Sideshow couldn't get rid of them cause everyone felt it was too plain, not enough accessories etc. But man, the detailing, head sculpt and paint work on this are phenomenal

We hear it a lot, but this is truly one of those that pictures will never do it full justice, once you see in in person its a done deal!

I haven't heard of anyone having this issue before and mine does not have that problem. If you obtained it "used" its possible the previous owner did a lot of pose change ups.

Either way, I think this has got to be one of the most underrated figures every done by HT. I remember I picked this up on SS on sale for like $135. Sideshow couldn't get rid of them cause everyone felt it was too plain, not enough accessories etc. But man, the detailing, head sculpt and paint work on this are phenomenal

We hear it a lot, but this is truly one of those that pictures will never do it full justice, once you see in in person its a done deal!

Thanks for the response! Yeah, I absolutely love this figure!

He's definitely slept on. This figure looks great in hand and I love the accessories he comes with.

Received this figure today. I personally think it’s one of the better Predator figures as far as detail and how ornate it is. I made the mistake of initially attempting to remove the sculpt to slip the pouch on, but then found the instructions hidden under the tray after thinking they weren’t included and read it’s non-removable (though I’m sure it still has to come off somehow). Did some futzing with the placement of items on him to try and make it look as screen accurate as possible within the limitations of what the figure allows. Can’t really tell what’s where though due to the scene he’s in being dimly lit.

F9672816-DE34-4A08-A7C5-BD12AF54B359.jpg
7B92CA03-5261-4FFD-A2C4-5A8FF8D406D8.jpg

Very cool figure. Glad I chose him to be the Elder in my Pred collection.

The P2 version is definitely the essential elder to get. And not just because HT's AvP ditto was bad (IMO). Nice pics, and great filter; makes him - especially the head - come alive.

Thanks, bud. Appreciate it. I don’t get too fancy with photos as it’s just a simple iPhone image of literally what’s in front of me, but some of the filters can indeed help liven it up a bit.

I concur regarding going with P2 Elder in lieu of AvP. I really like that ending scene in P2 with the entire tribe; the music, the tone, the interior of the ship, etc. It felt very tribal with the way the Predators conducted themselves and also suspenseful because you didn’t know what they would do since this was the first time it showed a tribe in film. In AvP, you already knew the Elder would present Lex with a gift.

For these reasons, the P2 Elder seemed like the clear choice to me if you are to have only one Elder in your collection. Although if you can’t decide, of course the correct answer is to just get both. :lol

I really like that ending scene in P2 with the entire tribe; the music, the tone, the interior of the ship, etc. It felt very tribal with the way the Predators conducted themselves and also suspenseful because you didn’t know what they would do
Classic, classic moment. One of the most memorable moments in the franchise, but arguably also sci-fi history. At least for me. Of exactly the same reason; you know one of these mofos is enough to wreak havoc and slaughter slaughterers. And just when it seems to be over, a whole plutoon of them appear. On their home turf. Anything could've happened. And they nailed it by taking the route the film took. Perfect. It was all fun and games in their own, messed up take on "sport". Until next time... taaake it.

Had to have them, and with nothing else out there, I've started hunting down NECA's version. The two remaining ones are on their way...
20180208_202546.jpg

Will post more pics when they're all assembled.

Damn, that’s an insane collection. So do you only collect Pred related stuff in every scale?

And whoops. Just realized I need to center the skull on Elder’s smaller necklace. Got to correct that.

Yeah, my collection is 95% Predator and Alien stuff. As long as they're poseable, and detailed/accurate, I get them. Which leaves only Hot Toys and NECA currently. Though I keep the NECA stuff unopened and displayed in packaging.

Hoping Prime 1's rumoured stuff will be figures. Alhough, if they're too good to pass on, I might enter the statue foray. Unlikely, but possible.

Other than the above, Jurassic Park dinos, a DeLorean and RoboCop & ED are the rare exceptions in my collection. Would get an Endoskeleton too, if a 2.0 1/6 scale T-800 existed.

But yes, Predators and Aliens mostly. The formers being my favourites, of course.

Nice!

I have a little of everything, so that's why I haven't gone crazy with getting every single Predator and am attempting to just keep it to the main ones more less. Star Wars, MCU, DC, Predator, Ghostbusters, Star Trek, James Bond and Back to the Future are what make up the bulk of my collection, in that order in terms of size. Some other one offs from various franchises here and there as well.

Even though I'm still relatively familiar with it, I never really got into Aliens as a stand alone franchise. I only see them as prey for the Predators, as I've always been a fan of Predators (film wise). I'm similar to you in the sense of what got me into them was having the crap scared out of me by Predator and Predator 2 as a kid with how gruesome the Predator was, especially City Hunter.

I'm similar to you in the sense of what got me into them was having the crap scared out of me by Predator and Predator 2 as a kid

Haha, yup. Seems about right. I hate and love that I saw Predator when I was 7. Sleepless nights in the beginning of the 90's slowly turned into fascination and now collection. Glad I discovered this hobby a few years ago. Since then it's all been about retroactively buying all these releases previously unbeknownst to me. Wolf 2.0 is the first figure I'm enjoying the buildup and buzz around, as it happens. (Can't, won't, count AvP's Elder 2.0.)

Sounds like you have a nice collection going yourself. Do share some pics if/when you can.

So I was rotating my collection last night and I noticed this...

fullsizeoutput_21d.jpgfullsizeoutput_216.jpg

The dreads are starting to crack. The one with the braid was tied too tight and has now almost completely cut through the dread. I live in the high desert of northern Nevada in and air conditioned house. According to my temp/humidity sensor in my room, the humidity has never gotten below 35%. I have the City Hunter and Shadow predators as well and neither of them are showing signs of cracking. Hopefully mine is an isolated incident but I wanted to inform other owners of this potential.

So I was rotating my collection last night and I noticed this...

View attachment 426474View attachment 426475

The dreads are starting to crack. The one with the braid was tied too tight and has now almost completely cut through the dread. I live in the high desert of northern Nevada in and air conditioned house. According to my temp/humidity sensor in my room, the humidity has never gotten below 35%. I have the City Hunter and Shadow predators as well and neither of them are showing signs of cracking. Hopefully mine is an isolated incident but I wanted to inform other owners of this potential.

So how widespread is this dread cracking issue? I want to get one of these eventually. The Elder is my favorite Predator design. Jungle and City Hunters are tied for the number 2 spot.

Back