Hot Toys - MMS212 - IRON MAN 3 - HEARTBREAKER (MARK XVII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, what do you think if I got the Heartbreaker as my first Iron Man figure? Or should I hunt down the main suits?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yea, if you could only pick one which would it be?

I have no idea. I absolutely love Heartbreaker's design. Just so badass. But comparing him to the other main releases, the accessories don't seem enough. But of course I've never touched any of thr IM figures. So idk if those accessories really do make a major difference.

I agree Heartbreaker is badass looking, which doesn't help if your only trying to pick one. :lol

Every time I look at "Heartbreaker" I can't help thinking I'm looking at the foundation of what will become "Ultron" in "Avengers: Age of Ultron."

He Looks like a villain.
I wonder if at the end of IM3 one of the suits becomes "alive" Johnny 5 style and overrides the self destruct and gets the hell out of Dodge, later modifying himself into "Ultron."

Every time I look at "Heartbreaker" I can't help thinking I'm looking at the foundation of what will become "Ultron" in "Avengers: Age of Ultron."

He Looks like a villain.
I wonder if at the end of IM3 one of the suits becomes "alive" Johnny 5 style and overrides the self destruct and gets the hell out of Dodge, later modifying himself into "Ultron."

That's a good point. He definitely looks way more menacing then looking like a hero.

He Looks like a villain.

I mentioned to friends that it would be cool if Jarvis creates Ultron out of parts from the different suits that blew up.

When you guys put it that way, no wonder I like him so much. 85% of my collections are villains. Lol

Based on the teaser that we saw last year at SDCC, they certainly make it look like Ultron is somehow formed from Iron Man. But we've already heard that Paul Bettany (voice of JARVIS) will actually be in Avengers 2 (as in we will see him, someone how JARVIS takes human form or something?) and also James Spader is voicing Ultron. So I'm wondering how that all happens....

Back to your question, are you asking if HB should be your "first of many" Iron Man figures, or your "one and only" figure? It's certainly a great place to start, but if it was my one and only IM figure, I certainly would not buy HB. It's definitely one of the coolest looking suits, but Tony never wears that suit, it's only in the movie for a short time, and it's just not a definitive IM suit.

Based on the teaser that we saw last year at SDCC, they certainly make it look like Ultron is somehow formed from Iron Man. But we've already heard that Paul Bettany (voice of JARVIS) will actually be in Avengers 2 (as in we will see him, someone how JARVIS takes human form or something?) and also James Spader is voicing Ultron. So I'm wondering how that all happens....

Back to your question, are you asking if HB should be your "first of many" Iron Man figures, or your "one and only" figure? It's certainly a great place to start, but if it was my one and only IM figure, I certainly would not buy HB. It's definitely one of the coolest looking suits, but Tony never wears that suit, it's only in the movie for a short time, and it's just not a definitive IM suit.

I thought it was confirmed that Bettany is playing The Vision?

Yes, that's what I'm asking. I don't have the room or money to have a bunch so if it could only be one which one?

I thought it was confirmed that Bettany is playing The Vision?

Ah, had not heard that, that would make more sense. Would love to see Bettany as Vision.

If I could get just one IM figure.....man, the Mk 3/4 are the most difinitive IMO but they'll cost ya. My favorite is probably the Mk VI but that one is pretty pricey too. The diecast Mk 42 is nice, but not really a difinitive IM suit....I guess it depends on how much you're willing to spend.

I will say that if you're patient, and keep a close eye on the for sale board here on SSF, you can find decent prices. I've gotten a ton of older figures at fair prices here. But you do have to be patient and persistent.

Get whatever you think looks coolest, don't collect based on what might impress others or what is considered "best" by everyone else over what you yourself thinks, you are paying for it and you will be looking at it. If you like the look of Heartbreaker then get 'em! A big pitfall of this hobby is getting stuck in the mindset that you "have to get" this or that because its part of the series or the definitive representation of this movie or that movie, get what you like the best or else someday you'll find yourself with a whole bunch of stuff you don't really care about.

Get whatever you think looks coolest, don't collect based on what might impress others or what is considered "best" by everyone else over what you yourself thinks, you are paying for it and you will be looking at it. If you like the look of Heartbreaker then get 'em! A big pitfall of this hobby is getting stuck in the mindset that you "have to get" this or that because its part of the series or the definitive representation of this movie or that movie, get what you like the best or else someday you'll find yourself with a whole bunch of stuff you don't really care about.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Ah, had not heard that, that would make more sense. Would love to see Bettany as Vision.

If I could get just one IM figure.....man, the Mk 3/4 are the most difinitive IMO but they'll cost ya. My favorite is probably the Mk VI but that one is pretty pricey too. The diecast Mk 42 is nice, but not really a difinitive IM suit....I guess it depends on how much you're willing to spend.

I will say that if you're patient, and keep a close eye on the for sale board here on SSF, you can find decent prices. I've gotten a ton of older figures at fair prices here. But you do have to be patient and persistent.

I do agree that the Mk 3/4 are the most definitive. Though I would definitely get the Mk II AU and Mk IV if ever I could find any. Thing is, I'm just scared that if I miss out on the preorder for HB, the price is just gonna skyrocket like the others, thus putting it out of my financial constraints.

I do collect based on what I like, and though it doesn't have a specific theme on the shelf, it does make me happy to be able to look and pose the ones that I do have. I've always wanted a HT IM figure, but I've just gotten into the sixth scale hobby a little too late. Most of the pieces that I do like are way out of my price range.

I do collect based on what I like, and though it doesn't have a specific theme on the shelf, it does make me happy to be able to look and pose the ones that I do have. I've always wanted a HT IM figure, but I've just gotten into the sixth scale hobby a little too late. Most of the pieces that I do like are way out of my price range.

I have most of the suits except for the Mark III, including variants. If I could only keep one, it would be the Mark VII. Not only is it my favorite suite of the MCU so far, but the figure is fantastic and was a good evolutionary step forward for the Iron Man figures in terms of build, design, and proportions. Don't get me wrong; all the suits look pretty awesome in person for different reasons. I'd get the Mark VII as soon as you can. I've seen them go sometimes for... not going to say decent, but less painful prices.

That said, nothing wrong with starting off with an IM3 suit. Centurion is my personal favorite so I have two on order. I think 42 is great, though not quite as iconic. I guess therein lies the problem; because these were all specialized suits, none of them quite scream pure Iron Man like III through VII. But if there are any that you think you'll want, just preorder it from a retailer without a cancellation penalty so you don't miss out. Or just order from SSC via flex and skip a few big lunches.

So yeah... Totally get VII. ;)

I have most of the suits except for the Mark III, including variants. If I could only keep one, it would be the Mark VII. Not only is it my favorite suite of the MCU so far, but the figure is fantastic and was a good evolutionary step forward for the Iron Man figures in terms of build, design, and proportions. Don't get me wrong; all the suits look pretty awesome in person for different reasons. I'd get the Mark VII as soon as you can. I've seen them go sometimes for... not going to say decent, but less painful prices.

That said, nothing wrong with starting off with an IM3 suit. Centurion is my personal favorite so I have two on order. I think 42 is great, though not quite as iconic. I guess therein lies the problem; because these were all specialized suits, none of them quite scream pure Iron Man like III through VII. But if there are any that you think you'll want, just preorder it from a retailer without a cancellation penalty so you don't miss out. Or just order from SSC via flex and skip a few big lunches.

So yeah... Totally get VII. ;)

Mk. 7 really does look amazing. Somehow Silver Centurion didn't really caught my eye. Might be because I just hate the mostly red color coordination. And the 42 is just too much gold. For me, it feels as though 17 has the best color coordination. And now, with the HT MGR Raiden just released, I'm sure it's gonna be only one Iron Man for now. XD

Unless they release Shotgun. :(

I have no idea. I absolutely love Heartbreaker's design. Just so badass. But comparing him to the other main releases, the accessories don't seem enough. But of course I've never touched any of thr IM figures. So idk if those accessories really do make a major difference.

We are on the same situation... pre-ordered Mark 42 because I want it to be my first Iron Man armor...then I saw this..

I fall in love with it style and the way it look's bad ***...Then came War Machine 2.0, and the improvement it brings to the other armors.

I analyze the pros and cons and weight down which suit of armor is worth my hard-end money.

The Result... War Machine wins!!, bought this armor then cancelled my PO for Heart Breaker and now cannot wait for Mark 42..

You guys are great! Thanks for all the incite and knowledge on this it really helps to be more informed. I'm going with the MKVII for now and I'll keep my Heart Breaker PO too just in case.

Went ahead and PO-ed HB. Heeee. Might get Mk VII if the opportunity arises.

Back