1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a52dde3aedc45a9e0c8ff028dc9adf54.jpg

1eded49057a3e9eb7145f0cb44d81277.jpg

fb1bb62cdddcd63de6094ef47282b7c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was always nervous to doing any mods on this hot toys figure, it is the first hot toys figure I purchased since i loved the Man of Steel film and what they tried to do with it. t thanks to some videos I have seen on the cape and wiring, thanks Clipper King for the idea.

I was able to finally do it and get this figure displayed as how I think superman should be posed...

What do you guys think, will the clamp effect the suit at all after some time?

dp3Kflm.jpg

xZRLBa0.jpg

7roJri6.jpg

What mods did you do to the figure?

Regarding the pose; it looks cool, but I personally wouldn't leave it that way as a permanent pose. I'd only do something like that for photos.

I cut the cape and placed a cut shirt hanger, since it's a little thicker and sewed it to the bottom of the cape to get that effect that I have seen some people do with the cape, surprisingly holds very well!

Thanks for the comments! Do you think it would damage the figure keeping him like that?

I cut the cape and placed a cut shirt hanger, since it's a little thicker and sewed it to the bottom of the cape to get that effect that I have seen some people do with the cape, surprisingly holds very well!

Thanks for the comments! Do you think it would damage the figure keeping him like that?
I personally don't think it would damage it. It's not heavy enough to do that. If it was a die-cast figure, yes but this isn't die-cast.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I would not leave him in any crazy poses for long. The suit tends to stick together. I was hesitant on doing the Cape mod but I found it very easy to do and looks sooooo much better after.

Ah ok, I actually do recall you posting that picture before. That looks really good, thanks for posting it again.
No problem :hi5: sorry if you were looking for a modless figure with the BvS cape. I don't think anyone has done that yet
So is that painted at all? Or is it just the photo that's making it darker?
The suit is slightly painted but not the way others have done it in the past. The suit is not what's making the metallic shine. I broke down my process in post #10994 of you'd liked to read it.

No problem :hi5: sorry if you were looking for a modless figure with the BvS cape. I don't think anyone has done that yet

No worries. To be veracious, that actually is more what I meant; the stock figure with simply the collar mod and then just swapped the stock MoS cape out for the BvS cape. However, yours still does give an idea as to what it would look like, since it's still the MoS figure. Looks great. :duff

Awesome custom Gippeto.
It gave me ideas and i modded a Mos Supes i had.
BVS body customized
- shoulders sanded to give them a more round form (i did it on my BVS too)
- triceps muscles added with miliput (did it on my BVS too)
- forearms muscle add ons removed
- bigger bulge with miliput then painted silver
I left the thighs muscles add ons.

suit had the usual cape holder lowered mod (i tried putting the BVS one like Gippeto but couldnt make it work) and Tony mei cape (might get jaxxon ´s wired cape with pleats).

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Gippeto, those boots look great alas i know i couldnt do them as you beautifully did.

Gippeto, saw that yur getting some jaxxon capes, do you have a BVS cape yur not using i would need one to fix my bro figure who is stained :(
Let me know :)

Back