1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Loki's cape has a completely different plunge cut in the back.

I know. But it would be fairly easy to get some red cloth, hand it to someone who normally makes Loki cloaks, give them a pic of the MOS suit and say: ""rustle something up like that, would you?"
:lol

Man, this must be the 20th Hot Toys figure I have cancelled due to postings with magic pen out-lining the flaws down to the minutiae.
Ditto. Thanks everyone for picking out all the barely noticeable flaws so that I can save some money!

6475_541836912544970_1220199602_n.jpg
I get a Superman vs. Evil Earth 3 Counterpart vibe with this pic. He's even got Ultraman's hairdo.

Ultraman_e3.gif

I absolutely LOVED MoS right until---

Spoiler Spoiler:

That basically broke my heart, seriously, I'm still aching... :monkey2

But I decided that I will pass on Supes and wait until they drop Faora.

I'm in love with that woman...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Easily my favorite scene in the movie. Although it was absurdly easy, which was a bit distracting...

Yep, I'm quite content to have Reeve as the sole Superman in my collection.
New character design looks nice, but thinking down the road I just don't think it's going to have that "classic" appeal that Reeve does. Same goes for lots of the modern comic movie outfits though, like Hawkeye and some of the funky Cap costumes. The X-Men stuff from the early 2000s already looks really dated to me.

are you guys serious? you need to learn about photography a bit...

those new pictures are taken with a flash and there is all kinds of lens distortion on the close ups...

It's his iconic look that has been his look since the '40s. That simply is Superman. The nu-Jim Lee look won't last, and he'll go back to that one. But stuff like the Dark Knight Batman with armor plating, Hawkeye with his 2010-era sleeveless commando look, Spider-Man wearing a basketball, guys in full black leather outfits, these are very much a sign of the times and aren't going to last as fashion statements IMO. Not that people will care about their Hot Toys figures much once the trend has moved on anyway.

The thing that is mildly putting me off is a back and forth i had earlier with a girl from Sideshow about my order for 4 of this figure.
She was a bit of a pain about me having my 4 shipped to a friend in the US.
Made me want to tell her to stick them up her arse and cancel my order.
But i didn't...
Nothing will shake my enthusiasm for this great modern take on Superman.
:lol

Lol @ photo noobs.

Anyways, I prefer the Cavill look.

Reeve is "classic", but would look silly on today's big screen.

This is one of those designs that looks cool in the movie, but translates pretty poorly to figure form. I feel the same way about TDK Batman suit.

I personally love the new look and the new movie! PREORDERED through SS! :yess:

Looking forward to displaying the Reeve figure with this, and Keaton Batman with the upcoming reboot Batman.

I had serious reservations about his new look going into the new film. I thought it worked really well and I like the new look. It will never replace the iconic look of Reeve but that's just more due to my age. Some kids will only know this Superman and that's okay as it's off to a great start. Glad to add this guy to the collection, just thin him out a bit.

Back