1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I think Antrozous or Molossus from the Batman Begins soundtrack fills that role pretty well, and is mixed into the other two films. Also, the cue from the beginning of TDK, which was repeated when Batman and Catwoman take a ride in the Bat, is a nice little piece.

Even then, it's a little messy. I love Molossus and the start of the title/end credits but that's more of an action oriented theme than anything else. That and Barbastella are more cues than actual themes. They're not fully fledged, character themes that represent Batman.

For me, the closest thing Batman has to a "theme" in the newer films has always been that "dum, dum" swoosh sounding thing. Like at the docks when Falcone's men can't find Batman, or during the garage sequence when the fake Batmen start popping up or when Batman appears after knocking the motorcycle thug by punching him in the face.

The point is, Zimmer said for years that "Batman hasn't earned his theme yet, he hasn't earned his theme". So, according to him, Batman never really ended up getting one. It'd be nice to hear what he made that's "in a storage bin somewhere" if he did make a theme for Batman.

I think that's only the case because they were the first. That makes a big difference.

That's true too, as far as films are concerned.

I personally enjoyed Zimmer's theme for the Dark Knight trilogy. my favorite piece from his TDK soundtracks plays towards the end of the TDK when batman took the blame for Dent's crimes. the soundtrack in that moment made that scene so powerful and truly made me a fan of both Nolan and Zimmer.

I think that's only the case because they were the first. That makes a big difference.

Being first doesn't matter. It comes down to the success of the movie. If the movie sucks, people will not remember the score. If the music is good then it will stand the test of time.

I always thought the theme for Nolan's Batman trilogy was what came on at the start of the end credits for each film :dunno just like at the end of MoS which I believe is titled "what are you going to do when you're not saving the world?"

I respectfully disagree. I think John Williams is a great composer but I don't find his scores engaging whatsoever which is why I don't own any of them. I do own the 89' Batman score however

I'd say this works as the theme pretty well...

[ame]https://youtu.be/nUbRgzydnmM[/ame]

i don't own any williams scores either ~ but i do own at least five zimmer scores.

that said, i wasn't immediately blown away by the MoS score. i'll give it some time to grow on me, but in no way does it surpass the batman stuff, which grabbed me from the first listen (it's playing right now!)

: D

Now Nick does have a good point if you look at the movie business in general. Just compare 30 years ago at the number of blockbusters coming out vs today.

The vast amount of soundtrack garbage that gets tossed through movies and blockbusters today is crazy and there are so many more films.

Back then fewer blockbusters were made, and the scores were tied more to movies much more importantly than today. The special effects were not good. So the tracks helped drive those movies. Which I think helps these older movies stand the test of time. The soundtrack itself has just changed in focus in the industry over time.

whoaaaaaaaaaa other than sideshow, this figure is selling out at other retailers i.e. bbts, csc, alterego

i don't own any williams scores either ~ but i do own at least five zimmer scores.

that said, i wasn't immediately blown away by the MoS score. i'll give it some time to grow on me, but in no way does it surpass the batman stuff, which grabbed me from the first listen (it's playing right now!)

You are definitely under the age of 30. Look up top movies of all time, check John Williams scores you will be amazed.

i am with you man.

You are definitely under the age of 30. Look up top movies of all time, check John Williams scores you will be amazed.

nope. try again. i grew up with williams' stuff. became a die-hard zimmer fan with the thin red line and have never looked back.

just different tastes.

i am with you man.

yay!

I hold a special place in my heart for The 1978 Superman film . As a child growing up and watching this film and especially hearing that unbelievable score just made me feel like I can accomplish anything in life and it still does today every time I play the bluray . It's just one of my favorite movies/soundtracks ever and will never be replaced or forgotten . I know this movie was great at times with the special effects but it did not effect me emotionally like the original and that's why I'm upset .i guess I should have known that though .

I'm actually the opposite. Was immediately sucked into the MoS Soundtrack when first hearing it. Been listening to it back to back at work ever since it was released. It took me a couple tries to get into the Begins and TDK soundtracks. The TDKR is my favorite of the 3 though. Also love Zimmer's work on 3 of the 4 POTC films as well as the Last Samurai score

i really went into it with the specific aim not to compare. reeve is my all-time superman and always will be, but i'm open to a new interpretation and where i think this one succeeded was in providing just that: something very different.

i enjoyed cavill's performance and though this was too much cgi for my tastes, it had nice moments and i have higher hopes for the sequel now that all the origin stuff is outta the way.

Really looking forward to this release whenever that is exactly

Back