1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I would have loved if it was that color in the movie (which is essentially what they used for BVS). The onscreen color is still cool in its way, but doesn't really scream "Superman" as much as it probably should.

To the guys that have had their MOS superman suit repainted, do you have links or names of someone that could repaint mine?

Thank you 😊

I had posted these pics in the JL Superman thread but should be in the MOS Supes thread as well.

Its just to show how that custom head sculpt from Ebay looks on the figure.

It definitely looks better in-hand than in pics, especially the pic that was used in that Ebay auction. Paint apps were fair. Mine had some skin color reaching up into the hair on one temple. Otherwise, I really like it as an alternative to the stock sculpt. There's features like the jawline and eyes that in my opinion really capture Henry Cavill.

MoS head 1.jpg
MoS head 2.jpg

It's not a bad likeness, but the stock MOS head is so damn good I can't imagine ever wanting to replace it myself. In fact I use one on my BVS figure since I just find the large nose on that head so distracting.

To the guys that have had their MOS superman suit repainted, do you have links or names of someone that could repaint mine?

Thank you 😊

Unfortunately, the only one I know who does is owen1313. His work is always amazing, and personally, I think he does the best customization of any figure out there. Unfortunately, he is not cheap either.
That's why I'm grateful when I messaged him and he gave me pointers and even told me which paint he uses.
I know a fellow collector here who had Owen repaint his and he sent me the pics and was very happy with his repaint.

You can message Owen on his instagram if you're interested.
https://www.instagram.com/owen1313/

It's not a bad likeness, but the stock MOS head is so damn good I can't imagine ever wanting to replace it myself. In fact I use one on my BVS figure since I just find the large nose on that head so distracting.

Oh, I agree. The stock head is fantastic. This new one is just a fresh way of looking at the character.

Unfortunately, the only one I know who does is owen1313. His work is always amazing, and personally, I think he does the best customization of any figure out there. Unfortunately, he is not cheap either.
That's why I'm grateful when I messaged him and he gave me pointers and even told me which paint he uses.
I know a fellow collector here who had Owen repaint his and he sent me the pics and was very happy with his repaint.

You can message Owen on his instagram if you're interested.
https://www.instagram.com/owen1313/
I agree. Owen is definitely the master at doing these customs as well as others. His work all around really takes all these figures to the next level without a doubt

I had posted these pics in the JL Superman thread but should be in the MOS Supes thread as well.

Its just to show how that custom head sculpt from Ebay looks on the figure.

It definitely looks better in-hand than in pics, especially the pic that was used in that Ebay auction. Paint apps were fair. Mine had some skin color reaching up into the hair on one temple. Otherwise, I really like it as an alternative to the stock sculpt. There's features like the jawline and eyes that in my opinion really capture Henry Cavill.

View attachment 486779
View attachment 486780

That looks pretty cool, FaF!

Is this the same sculpt?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Man-of...476252?hash=item52355b06dc:g:xAUAAOSwnm1ectZ0

Well I managed to snag one of these on ebay today for $170, so look forward to doing the neck mod and repaint I never got to do on it before. :)

It’s well worth it.
I once did the job on mine and my brother liked it so much I had to do the same thing the next day on his, lol.
It really changes the look of the figure.

Alrighty... I caved in and decided to do the repaint on my MOS Hot Toys figure. I also did the neck mod since I removed the entire suit from the body. At first I was going to air brush the entire body chrome but ended up using chrome tape(which you can't really see in this pic)which was way faster, easier and cheaper. Im testing the JL supes cape on him for now to see how I like it. If anything ill put the original cape back in him until I buy a custom cape from Unrealtoys or Jaxon Xu. He's not 100% complete just yet. There are a quite a few touch ups that I need to do. Im also repainting the original MOS base he comes with from hot toys. So far so good I think... thought I'd share what I've done so far. I'll post updated pics when I finish up the touch ups and the base.
672233682f0189b6b2f2edfb7e1f3998.jpg

Last edited:
Looking for one of Tony Mei?s custom MOS collars. I know it?s a long shot, but if someone may have purchased an extra or never got around to doing the mod...I?m very interested in finding one.

Pic for attention:

fa8ed7987d233a1c1041f5981c33e5cc.jpg

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello everybody, i wonder if this set can go on the MOS body ?
View attachment 493235

I bought that set from Kit. The problem is the MOS body is massive. The pants were tricky, but I got them to work. The boots are fine, but the shirt is HOPELESSLY too small. Don?t recall where I ultimately got the right shirt from (it?s been several years), but I was very happy with my custom MOS Clark Kent when I got him all assembled:

IMG3741.jpg

I bought that set from Kit. The problem is the MOS body is massive. The pants were tricky, but I got them to work. The boots are fine, but the shirt is HOPELESSLY too small. Don?t recall where I ultimately got the right shirt from (it?s been several years), but I was very happy with my custom MOS Clark Kent when I got him all assembled:

IMG3741.jpg

Thanks a lot for the feedback :wink1:

MOS Supes remains king as far as I?m concerned. At least in terms of that magnificent head sculpt.

710957DD52154519A204.jpeg

Awesome pic.

I agree I like the MoS suit design the most, and I also think it’s the best Cavill Supes figure with the best sculpt. If the Snyderverse continues (however slim), I’d like to see a merging of the MoS suit with some elements of the BvS/JL suits, such as the glyph and maybe the hieroglyphics on the biceps of the BvS suit with the MoS suit design.

Back