1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

I did bt have since takin it off 2 change my paint up on collar n gauntlets....its drying now and have an idea for around the neck ima try....ill post more pics later (without flash) TONY lol....awesome cape!

HT need to make Faora Ul soon, not Tony Clark Kent!

:thwak

:computer

:horse

:toilet_cl

:slap

I just thought it was hilariously stupid when I just read the 2014 product line.:cuckoo:

Oh C'mon already HT!!!! I think one Stark figure is enough already! :slap

Now give us Faora or Nam-Ek! I'm sure those are much more interesting to collector that THAT! :banghead

That figure isn't real. :lol

Less Stark talk and more MoS talk. :slap Marvel seeps into every thread, it's impossible to escape.

Less Stark talk and more MoS talk. :slap Marvel seeps into every thread, it's impossible to escape.

Sorry Slynger, not my intent (don't like ironmen).

Yes back to MoS.

I have thought of an idea that if some one has some really good craft skill and the tools then may be they can first off all take a mould of the 'S' emblem and get it laser cut out of a flexible metal or cast material (could be solid too) but have a flat surface (on the S) whilst layered in 3d to really give it a metallic finish once its painted using correct pain't apps. Then this could go directly into the chest piece?

Thin pieces of metal sheets can be purchased from DIY store.

I certainly would give it a try but I would need access to more then just my Dremel tool kit.

It seems tat Bar has access to these kind of things.

I think HT have made the emblem as it should be based on suit:

But I think this is the effect that we all want to go for:

From the last photo you can also see how correct and pot on Tony's cape is, the way it drapes effortlessly like it almost weighs as light a silk yet durable and of quality.

Tony's excellent cape arrived. With the collar mods and cape, I may be done now.

Here's a sh***y iphone pic of him thus far...

photo.JPG

Having trouble getting this cape on . Where the taps are to line up and pin it in. The neck part is way too small.

Tony's excellent cape arrived. With the collar mods and cape, I may be done now.

Here's a sh***y iphone pic of him thus far...

View attachment 91226

Fantastic Rory! I can't wait to get mine.

IMO HT did a great job on this figure..but if you take the time and mod it, it's amazing how this piece takes on a life of it's own.

I have no doubt when I get Tony's cape, It will transcend the look to another level of collecting.

Thanks Remy for the blacken the hair more idea. Really pops out now.

Next will be the S red part

Not sure if I'm brave enough for the hair yet. I'll start with the cape and the wrist gauntlet repaint and see how that turns out.

Got Tony's cape!!!:fireworks
Took a long lunch from work when I saw the cape arrived. :)
Took some quick pics. Cape is very easy to futz.
My god, what a difference. The cape drape's so beautifully and I love how
its so dark, Looks pretty much like the movie. The cape has a cool texture to it also.
Thanks again Tony.

This has quickly become one of my favorite figures...EVAH!!!

Fantastic Rory! I can't wait to get mine.

IMO HT did a great job on this figure..but if you take the time and mod it, it's amazing how this piece takes on a life of it's own.

I have no doubt when I get Tony's cape, It will transcend the look to another level of collecting.

Thanks Remy for the blacken the hair more idea. Really pops out now.

Next will be the S red part

You're welcome man. And great job as well on the hair! :duff.

Paint done and cape back on....looks good enough for me besides a lil more futzing...debating doin the stripes on the suit...not sure if I have the nerves or that lol. Ill try to get in some better light for the nxt and final pic sorry bt the flash just ruins it

Having trouble getting this cape on . Where the taps are to line up and pin it in. The neck part is way too small.

the neck part is simple, use a iron for 2 second and stretch it to the length you like, then leave it, it'll sealed in seconds. then you got yourself enough room for the neck.

I made it this way for those who have stock neck or moded neck on purpose.

Got Tony's cape!!!:fireworks
Took a long lunch from work when I saw the cape arrived. :)
Took some quick pics. Cape is very easy to futz.
My god, what a difference. The cape drape's so beautifully and I love how
its so dark, Looks pretty much like the movie. The cape has a cool texture to it also.
Thanks again Tony.

This has quickly become one of my favorite figures...EVAH!!!

beautiful photos as always ;D and hope you can guide everyone how to install the cape on properly. my English isnt that good when it comes to description....

the neck part is simple, use a iron for 2 second and stretch it to the length you like, then leave it, it'll sealed in seconds. then you got yourself enough room for the neck.

I made it this way for those who have stock neck or moded neck on purpose.

Not sure I understand where you are using the iron for a couple of seconds?

beautiful photos as always ;D and hope you can guide everyone how to install the cape on properly. my English isnt that good when it comes to description....

Thanks man.
Lol, actually, I didnt know about ironing that part also so I had trouble as well. :lol
If there were any instructions, I didnt read it cause I didnt have much time as I was only at lunch from work and
soon as I tore the box open in excitement, I tried to install it right away.
Thank god you gave us several pins cause I bent a couple of them.

What I did was I didnt follow the tab, instead, I went a little past them, pinned the right, a little more to the right of the tab, and same with the left, pinned the cape a little past the left tab. It gave me enough room to flip the cape over the neck. :)

Last edited:
Back