1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Not sure whether to get this figure or not...I have a while to decide Forbidden Planet won't have him until the 16th of Feb. :dunno

Really tempted however.

Not sure whether to get this figure or not...I have a while to decide Forbidden Planet won't have him until the 16th of Feb. :dunno

Really tempted however.

Yes you see that's the thing. Forbidden planet .com do have it for a decent price (pre-order) but never sure if they're 100% certain on the available date.
Before you know it you'll see another change in their website for the release date and adding another 2-3 months on top of that!

That's why I've never bought from them and paid extra on ebay..... But this time I really want to give them a try.

And by the way.....

'The confirmation is in everyone! - the Man of Steel suit is getting a facelift. The news came straight from the costume designer. Michael Wilkinson talked to CineMovie about working on a new Batman suit. He also confirmed he's "tweaking" the Superman outfit:

“We are now in the stage where we’re refining our designs with the last series of camera tests and doing our final tweaks in preparation for shooting.”

So that means down the line.... a new tweaked man of steel suit.

Mmmmmm.......... :rolleyes2 ....ok.

I'm actually quite suprised by the price, Forbidden Planet tend to price things pretty high. I've never ordered a Hot Toys figure through them before so I'm glad you told me about their release dates.

Their actually lucky I'm still willing to purchase through them after they sent me a Mezco Walter White with no accessories, it had been opened and clearly taped back up.

Here's my MOS displayed together with the supe group.
I feel that the stock cape can be acceptable & look great with some ironing.

Cool setup, but for some reason, your Spiderman looks really good here. Guess it just doesn't seem that skinny in this pic.

Cool setup, but for some reason, your Spiderman looks really good here. Guess it just doesn't seem that skinny in this pic.

Hi Webb Head, Thanks.
I just noticed that I have not post any picture of my amazing spidey in the post yet.

Actually lots of pictures shown he is skinny due to the costume at shoulder area was sunken down.
So I sloted a piece of paper through the neck hole onto the shoulder to straighten the shoulder. And I see the result look better!

I will try to post some picture soon.

Thanks again. :wave

Just got mine sweet figure..definetly one of HTs best....HOWEVER quick question...just above the S on mine there are two small like faded patches on the suit..nothing major and no other QC issues...anyone else have similar problems or is it uncommon?

Wow Iceberg! How did you manage to iron the cape?

Capes are easy to iron, you don't even have to take them off the figure. Ask the wife to iron it for you... if ya have one. :wink1: I will be ironing Supe's cape just like I did Loki's.

What's tough to iron are dresses on a doll, especially if you have to leave 'em on the doll. Many a doll has been suspended by her ankles over the ironing board over here, while I tried vainly to get the iron into various pleats, twickets and darts on the dress. What makes things even more fun is the dress being beaded.... but I digress, capes are really easy to iron. Use a really low setting at first, and always try the iron on a tiny corner first. I doubt a HT cape would melt, but you never really know.

Cool little collection you got there. Just curious, who is the female doll in the center?

I'm amazed how soft the cape is.

Clark Kent is the Man of Steel

1655789_10152127059970589_1417385416_o.jpg

1622505_10152127059770589_1975793166_o.jpg

1781012_10152127059800589_352091440_o.jpg

1496393_10152127059855589_1759882308_o.jpg

Back