1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

My bad - I went straight from pics to last page :(
Still appalled and feel for folk who care about this stuff and want to pose them together...

Got a new tracking update..Tomorrow's back on for arrival guys!!

:blissy

:fireworks

And BTW my fellow freaks.. a Standing Museum pose is the last thing on my list of what I'm planning in terms of pics for you guys! :wave

My bad - I went straight from pics to last page :(
Still appalled and feel for folk who care about this stuff and want to pose them together...

hi Martin i know you only have the best of intentions with regard to the display ability of these figure and movie accuracy,and if im honest im a little disappointed that man of steel supes cant join the rest of the movie superheros past and present with out making them look like his younger brothers ,but there's is a way ,not perfect ill admit ,but im sure it will bring him closer to the scale of hot toys earlier releases ,i posted this on the mego boards earlier today QUOTE=MegoSteve;1095456]I don't care for the height at all. It's just a shame... the likeness and body are really nice, but I'd want to display him with the others, and the way he towers over Russell Crowe ruins things for me.[/QUOTE]

hi steve not sure if you can be bothered with modding a $200 figure but ,if you switch out the ankle pegs on supes to the regular short ones ,it brings him more in line to the early releases ,i couldnt find my needle nosed pliers to do the swich but giving supes his dads boots does the same reduction ,heres supes with the c reeve supes ,not perfect perhaps ,but better i think
20131222_085330_zps4f4920d4.jpg
[/IMG]

hi Martin i know you only have the best of intentions with regard to the display ability of these figure and movie accuracy,and if im honest im a little disappointed that man of steel supes cant join the rest of the movie superheros past and present with out making them look like his younger brothers ,but there's is a way ,not perfect ill admit ,but im sure it will bring him closer to the scale of hot toys earlier releases ,i posted this on the mego boards earlier today QUOTE=MegoSteve;1095456]I don't care for the height at all. It's just a shame... the likeness and body are really nice, but I'd want to display him with the others, and the way he towers over Russell Crowe ruins things for me.

hi steve not sure if you can be bothered with modding a $200 figure but ,if you switch out the ankle pegs on supes to the regular short ones ,it brings him more in line to the early releases ,i couldnt find my needle nosed pliers to do the swich but giving supes his dads boots does the same reduction ,heres supes with the c reeve supes ,not perfect perhaps ,but better i think
[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I have to ask Libby will shorter pegs work for the Superman boots. And when you removed your boots did that screw up the outfit in anyway?

Someone needs to make a diorama for Supermans suit like this:

tumblr_mmk5kraGwO1rrkahjo1_400.gif
that would be awesome. though I don't think i would actually buy it
Yes, I remember that quite well and he was mad then. as for the anger bit. Well I didn't recall other moments he would have used it for anything but fighting. So using it when angry makes sense.

But he did use it other times when anger wasn't an issue. I also liked the idea that he had to shake it off after using it like it hurt a bit to use it.
If you remember it so well then you'd know he wasn't mad at that point.
He was mad when he carved the tunnel? I don't think he was. Even when he cauterized Lois' wound he was quite calm.
:exactly::goodpost:

yeah your right ,ill get over it lol ,anyway ,i still cant find my pliers so i thought id try supes with his dads boots on ,jor el has regular ankle pegs,ive tried to show the length difference by picturing 1 boot of each on supes ,and a sole to sole comparison ,that looks like a different scale when you compare the foot size ,not sure if it works ,you decide ,as a consequence of this i found out that the suit is held in place ,to stop it riding up and keep it taught and looking non baggy ,by a clear plastic ring on the bottom of the suit and ankle of the figure not sure the pic shows it ,but it is there ,sadly i also found out the stitching is so tight ,well it would have to be to fit so well ,that the stiches break easily ,well they did on mine anyway ,so please be careful if your going to try the peg switch
20131222_085406_zpsaf4580ef.jpg
20131222_085417_zps41ca5b82.jpg
20131222_085512_zps209a7f17.jpg
20131222_085641_zps3a580531.jpg
20131222_085958_zps055277e7.jpg
20131222_090154_zps2c9b68af.jpg
20131222_090410_zps35615ece.jpg
20131222_085258_zps0d1d4ade.jpg

heres the original post i made here earlier today ,yes the ankle pegs on mos supes are the long type and jor els are rhe regular shorter type and the are interchangeable ,but the damage to the suit was caused in part by the tight sewing of the suit and the clear rings that are attached to the suit and ankles ,to keep the suit taught and stop the legs of the suit riding up ,and my lack of care switching them out ,the knee came out when i was taking a boot off and i think thats what busted the stitching ,please be careful if you opt to do the mod ,

Love your work User. I'm keeping my eye on your posts so I can recreate the heat vision as well. I ordered one of the headplay heads for that purpose alone.

As far as the heat vision in the movie goes, I'm sure this belongs in the movie discussion section, but he did seem to use it more out of anger as a defense mechanism. That bring said there weren't many scenes that he had an opportunity to do otherwise.

First time, chronologically, is at school as a kid when he heated up the door knob out of anger. Though it did not look like a straight beam or lava vision like it does later. More of a microwave vision.

I'm guessing the same applied when he used it to cauterize Lois. Pretty sure a lava or sun flare vision blast to the abdomen would leave Lois in cinders. He seemed to be able to control it very well for different purposes. Zod looked like it was just unleashed from his anger. No control. Pure hate.

When Kal used it to cut the girder in half it seemed very controlled as well. Even though it was a tense moment he seemed pretty level headed and able to focus. Not just pure chaos and anger to make it work.

Dunno. That's just what I saw anyway.

Love your work User. I'm keeping my eye on your posts so I can recreate the heat vision as well. I ordered one of the headplay heads for that purpose alone.

As far as the heat vision in the movie goes, I'm sure this belongs in the movie discussion section, but he did seem to use it more out of anger as a defense mechanism. That bring said there weren't many scenes that he had an opportunity to do otherwise.

First time, chronologically, is at school as a kid when he heated up the door knob out of anger. Though it did not look like a straight beam or lava vision like it does later. More of a microwave vision.

I'm guessing the same applied when he used it to cauterize Lois. Pretty sure a lava or sun flare vision blast to the abdomen would leave Lois in cinders. He seemed to be able to control it very well for different purposes. Zod looked like it was just unleashed from his anger. No control. Pure hate.

When Kal used it to cut the girder in half it seemed very controlled as well. Even though it was a tense moment he seemed pretty level headed and able to focus. Not just pure chaos and anger to make it work.

Dunno. That's just what I saw anyway.

Looks like I created a monster on this topic in the wrong thread :lol

heres the original post i made here earlier today ,yes the ankle pegs on mos supes are the long type and jor els are rhe regular shorter type and the are interchangeable ,but the damage to the suit was caused in part by the tight sewing of the suit and the clear rings that are attached to the suit and ankles ,to keep the suit taught and stop the legs of the suit riding up ,and my lack of care switching them out ,the knee came out when i was taking a boot off and i think thats what busted the stitching ,please be careful if you opt to do the mod ,

Thanks for this post Libby.. I think I'll pass on the mod then, not worth jacking up the stitching just to get him in scale with the others :lecture

I had originally planed to display Supes with my DX12 before the Superman/Batman movie announcement, so I would have been pissed that Superman is so much bigger that they wouldn't look right together. But now, as long as Superman fits in with the other Man of Steel figures, I will be okay with his size, even if I am still disappointed. After all, I should have the World's Finest display I want so much after the next movie comes out; might even be able to get a Trinity display going if we are lucky enough to get more then a cameo out of Gal Gardot's Wonder Woman. :pray:

The fig is great fun for posing. :D wouldn't mess around with the length of the legs too much cause his body is massive compared to any other body.
picture.php

picture.php

Cool pics! :clap

Got a new tracking update..Tomorrow's back on for arrival guys!!

:blissy

:fireworks

And BTW my fellow freaks.. a Standing Museum pose is the last thing on my list of what I'm planning in terms of pics for you guys! :wave

Sweet! Looking forward to them! You never disappoint with your posing! :yess:

I had originally planed to display Supes with my DX12 before the Superman/Batman movie announcement, so I would have been pissed that Superman is so much bigger that they wouldn't look right together. But now, as long as Superman fits in with the other Man of Steel figures, I will be okay with his size, even if I am still disappointed. After all, I should have the World's Finest display I want so much after the next movie comes out; might even be able to get a Trinity display going if we are lucky enough to get more then a cameo out of Gal Gardot's Wonder Woman. :pray:

It's interesting that people want to pose Supes with the DX12 for inspiration for the Superman vs Batman film.

Too bad this is a weird idea IMO

1. The film is 2 years away

2. Different Batman, different actor

3. Most likely going to be a different or new Batman suit made for the film

4. Supes is a bigger scaled figure (Which I think is irrelevant )

It's interesting that people want to pose Supes with the DX12 for inspiration for the Superman vs Batman film.

Too bad this is a weird idea IMO

1. The film is 2 years away

2. Different Batman, different actor

3. Most likely going to be a different or new Batman suit made for the film

4. Supes is a bigger scaled figure (Which I think is irrelevant )

leo-meme1.jpg

Can't believe how awesome he looks. January can't come soon enough to get this guy

It's hard to tell if this would be accurate. Reeve was a giant, but Cavill is built like a tank in that suit. I think Cavill would look a lot bigger next to Reeve. :lecture

It's hard to tell if this would be accurate. Reeve was a giant, but Cavill is built like a tank in that suit. I think Cavill would look a lot bigger next to Reeve. :lecture

He might if he was turned straight ahead, from the side, I can tell cavils shoulders and biceps dwarf reeve's
But the height seems to be right

Back