1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

So now that hot toys are after revealing their exclusives,are Zod and Faora's chances of getting made down the tube?

i still think Zod will be made. HT tends to make villains to go with their hero figs. Faora, may not make it, despite her popularity. I think we will see Zod previewed before the end of the year.

I was out shopping today and picked up the 1/6 statues of Jor-El, Zod and Faora as gifts for my Brother's birthday. They are really good.
Faora in particular has a great head sculpt and paint job.
If HT don't release Faora, i will cannabalise one of these statues and make my own.

I was out shopping today and picked up the 1/6 statues of Jor-El, Zod and Faora as gifts for my Brother's birthday. They are really good.
Faora in particular has a great head sculpt and paint job.
If HT don't release Faora, i will cannabalise one of these statues and make my own.

That is not a bad idea. How much are these going for? I wouldn't cannablize them, I'm not nearly talented enough. But if left with no alternatives, I wouldn't mind displaying them with the HT figure.

i still think Zod will be made. HT tends to make villains to go with their hero figs. Faora, may not make it, despite her popularity. I think we will see Zod previewed before the end of the year.

Unless they go the crazy DX Joker route, I'm sure they're working on Zod with a way to attach him armor, helmet, a cape, and basically all his gear so you can have Zod anyway you want.

He had three or four defining looks during the film so it would be awesome to have a Hot Toys figure that can replicate them all.

I think Faora will be made but probably as a convention exclusive or something similar.

It was easier than I thought to pass on Jor-El and I feel a "black suited" version of this on a base of skulls similar to DCE's exclusive coming soon but I'm chopping at the bit for Zod and Faora.

Unless they go the crazy DX Joker route, I'm sure they're working on Zod with a way to attach him armor, helmet, a cape, and basically all his gear so you can have Zod anyway you want.

He had three or four defining looks during the film so it would be awesome to have a Hot Toys figure that can replicate them all.

One figure that we can redress into several different looks? I will believe it when I see it.

I have a funny feeling we are not getting Zod and Faora from HT. I would love to be wrong, but.... they seem to be focusing a lot on lines I don't care about. Oh well, money I don't have to spend :pfft:

Really hope we'll see Zod made by HT! Think it's only a question of their production capacity atm. :dunno
It's always a great display opportunity to have the suitable villain.

This kind of reminds me at the Tron figures. Nice display, too but where is the fighting action? :gah: :lol

But sometimes villains come later with new movies of a line beeing released,
looking at the Iron Whiplash announced, could imagine this to be the possible time span for a Zod, too. :(
But it's a second release of a character so I'm not sure if it's comparable.

But I could also imagine we'll see some Tron villains of Tron Legacy when the next Tron movie hits the theaters.

Know what I mean? :thud:

Last edited:

I have a funny feeling we are not getting Zod and Faora from HT. I would love to be wrong, but.... they seem to be focusing a lot on lines I don't care about. Oh well, money I don't have to spend :pfft:

I may be in total fanboy mode here, being that I love the film, but that would be an epic fail on HT's part not to release Zod at the very least.

One figure that we can redress into several different looks? I will believe it when I see it.

I mean removable armor and helmet. So you can have him armored or not. Believe it or not, you used to have put your Hot Toys figures together yourself. :)

I'm sure we'll get Zod. I don't see why they wouldn't considering that this movie has been a hit.

Really hope we'll see Zod made by HT! Think it's only a question of their production capacity atm. :dunno
It's always a great display opportunity to have the suitable villain.

This kind of reminds me at the Tron figures. Nice display, too but where is the fighting action? :gah: :lol

But sometimes villains come later with new movies of a line beeing released,
looking at the Iron Whiplash annonced, could imagine this to be the possible time span for a Zod, too. :(
But it's a secon release of a character so I'm not sure if it's comparable.

But I could also imagine we'll see some Tron villains of Tron Legacy when the next Tron movie hits the theaters.

Know what I mean? :thud:

Not that everything Howard says comes true, but he did mention in that latest interview that HT would be focusing a lot of attention on MOS. I have to assume that means more than 2 figures. And I also have to assume that Zod would be the logical next choice for a figure.

Not that everything Howard says comes true, but he did mention in that latest interview that HT would be focusing a lot of attention on MOS. I have to assume that means more than 2 figures. And I also have to assume that Zod would be the logical next choice for a figure.

That sounds good! Would be surprised as well if we don't see more figures of this movie released,
actually I'm just curious which time span we're facing. But anticipation can be nice, too. :lol

I hope we at least get to see Zod. Armored version would be preferred but the black suit would still be cool. I'll be very surprised if we make it to characters like Faora.

I'd be surprised if they didn't release a Zod or a Black-Suited Superman variant.

I'd be mildly surprised if they released Faora, though ... chick figures don't get released much, and she was a chick-henchman, not really a major character.

SnakeDoc

I would be completely shocked if no Zod was being released. MOS seems to have more mileage than a 2 figure only line. Maybe we'll see a surprise reveal at one of the HK cons or even SDCC.

I'd be surprised if they didn't release a Zod or a Black-Suited Superman variant.

I'd be mildly surprised if they released Faora, though ... chick figures don't get released much, and she was a chick-henchman, not really a major character.

SnakeDoc

FAORA best be made if Hot Toys had the nerve to make that trash Angelica figure ( In my opinion of course) then FAORA should be a no brainer :impatient:

FAORA best be made if Hot Toys had the nerve to make that trash Angelica figure ( In my opinion of course) then FAORA should be a no brainer :impatient:

Not really. Penelope Cruz is a fairly well known actress, and she was highly billed in POTC4. Her character turned out to be 'eh' ... but HT wouldn't know that at the outset. Hathaway is a big name in a big-name role, though Catwoman is slow-coming. Johanssen is a big name ... and they milk Iron Man to death, and made the whole Avengers team, so she stands to reason. Both were high-billed.

Faora isn't a big name actress, she isn't a well-known character, she isn't a top billed part, she's not part of a team they're making completely, and they haven't yet shown that they're going to milk MOS for every nickel they can. She's a chick henchman -- a cool chick henchman, but still a chick henchman. I'd be surprised if she was even on HT radar before the movie came out and people started asking about her. Chick figures don't seem to sell as well, so they don't make many.

I wouldn't bet on her. There's a chance ... but not a big one.

SnakeDoc

Not really. Penelope Cruz is a fairly well known actress, and she was highly billed in POTC4. Her character turned out to be 'eh' ... but HT wouldn't know that at the outset. Hathaway is a big name in a big-name role, though Catwoman is slow-coming. Johanssen is a big name ... and they milk Iron Man to death, and made the whole Avengers team, so she stands to reason. Both were high-billed.

Faora isn't a big name actress, she isn't a well-known character, she isn't a top billed part, she's not part of a team they're making completely, and they haven't yet shown that they're going to milk MOS for every nickel they can. She's a chick henchman -- a cool chick henchman, but still a chick henchman. I'd be surprised if she was even on HT radar before the movie came out and people started asking about her. Chick figures don't seem to sell as well, so they don't make many.

I wouldn't bet on her. There's a chance ... but not a big one.

SnakeDoc

What you say is true which is why I said in my opinion,My comment was based on FAORA having a more of a cult following now that the movie has come out resulting in a high demand ex: Coulson

Truth, about that Coulson business... if they can make a Coulson, I don't see why Faora is impossible. Faora straight-up almost STOLE MoS, she is definitely worthy.

She's certainly more worthy than the Mandarin, who we allegedly are getting a figure of.... just sayin'.

While God knows my opinion of the actual movie isn't terribly positive, I love the characters and costume design. As a huge Superman fan, I'm probably down for anyone they put out.

I realized this when I decided I'd buy Evil Supes from SUPERMAN III. If I can pay that much for a figure from part ****ing III, I can buy anything from MOS.

General Zod in his armor is the only must have for me, after Superman, but I'd certainly take Faora.

I think we will definitely get Zod, most likely in his Earth armor (I hope it will be removable so we can get a stripped down version to display as a final battle Zod), I would be surprised to see Faora revealed this year. She probably wasn't on their radar before the movie came out, but I see them making her if the demand continues. Honestly, if the go all in on MOS I would expect a black suit Supes, armored Jor-El and Krypton armor Zod before we see a single Faora. They still better make her though. :gah:

Back