Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do too. I want the shippers. Hell, I paid $20 for a Hawkeye shipper bc the Hawkeye I bought didn't come with one. And the BBTS labels do bother me, but for whatever reason ups or fedex labels don't bother me.

Like I said, I like the shippers bc they protect the boxes while they sit in my closet.

Lol ..ill be ther with a hairdryer some days removing label from shippers. Hell, I just did it with my efx thor hammer.I just paid $60 on two shippers I really needed so they are important to me.. In fact, I actually rebuy figures I already own If they come with shippers. Then I tell myself ill sell the one without shippervonly to never sell it.

Im weird then because I want the shipper mint. I hate labels, even the bbts inventory labels. I always ask if the item has its shipper first before I consider buying a hot toys. I actually had a seller on this forum go off on me because I asked for the condition of the shipper too. Blew my mind that he did that.

That giant clear fedex label would eat at my soul.

jesus, OCD much?

Oh no! You can't have a dinged up shipper! Oh that ruins the figure inside to have that!

You better send it to me. Ewwww.....yucky shipper! BLAH!

:D

Shippers may be ugly but are handy, I'd rather a ding on the side of my shippers than the figure box.

It really is an awesome figure.. it also looks much better than photographs show.. especially in the shoulder/neck area..

The backwards neck trick also works well and makes him look more movie realistic.

my wife showed her excitement by commenting "..another iron man figure?"

Missed the UPS dude today :mad:. So annoying. The guy that does my section knows me well and still refuses to leave anything that requires a sig at my back door. Meanwhile everyone all my friends from different parts of the area say that their guy leaves them stuff all the time if their not home. Have to go pick it up tomorrow...

Speaking if which, just FYI to those who don't know yet; SS put a block on customers putting a hold for pick up with UPS. Only SS themselves can do that now so you have to call SS to do it for you. They're doing this because they were getting billed for all the address reroutes that people were doing

you are a bigger man than i. does anyone else think that packaging arriving in this condition for a $300 figure is unacceptable? i feel shelling out $10 for a small box is also unacceptable as most EVERY retailer that sells HT puts them in another box when they ship to avoid this kind of damage. some collectors DO value the original brown shipper and it shouldn't have a shipping label on one side and an advertisement window sticker on the other. maybe someone should give sideshow a clue.

I actually like a clean shipper too. I don't absolutely NEED one, but I prefer it. The funny thing is SS obviously gets these for less than the other retailers out there who double box for free :rolleyes2

I know you've been hot for this! Is it all you were hoping for?

I actually like a clean shipper too. I don't absolutely NEED one, but I prefer it. The funny thing is SS obviously gets these for less than the other retailers out there who double box for free :rolleyes2

Well SS gets them for less than other retailers because the other retails get THEIR stock from SS as well. So they double box because what they receive is Sideshow's shipper boxes. Sideshow uses the shippers because they are their own shipping boxes.

In fact, it's incredible any other retailers offer Hot Toys for Sideshow's retail since they are making less per toy than Sideshow. They are forced to because they have to compete with sideshow, but I believe other retailers pay like 70% of the retail cost from sideshow. Retailers generally don't bother with a product unless their cost is 50% of what they sell it for or less.

Great pics as always Robbie! :clap

What's your final take on this piece now that you have it in hand?

I know you've been hot for this! Is it all you were hoping for?

I think the face is bad a$$. No question the best part and the best representation so far. Going to look just as good on the 42. Battle damage looks really good. The only hang up I have is the black used to show the burn marks has the slightest sheen. Not that much but just enough to reflect a little light instead of absorbing it. I'm debating on shooting a little black gesso over it to flatten it down. But with how stupid the prices are right now I'm holding off. Normally I wouldn't give two s#!ts but if people want it that bad then who am I to judge. It has deshelved the original which now resides with the rest of the marks. So that's cool.

As a whole, very pleased.

On a side note, looks like all the silver scratches are utilizing the grid painting that we saw on the Jokers. Under close inspection you can see the pattern.I used to think it was decals but I'm not so sure anymore. I know they use masks but these almost look like screen printing.

I finally have had a chance to open mine and set him up in my display with my other IM figures. This is just so nice looking, and stands out. My wife even likes the look of this figure and stand. She even said that the head sculpt is so life like and looks just like RDJ.
Well here are some quick pics I took so far. Hope everyone likes them. This thread has some great pics.

20131017_234242_zps9a8c8918.jpg

20131017_234201_zps0d6b65de.jpg

20131017_234016_zps0c866b04.jpg

20131017_233939_zpscaf437e9.jpg

20131017_233906_zps1ea4ac49.jpg

20131017_233750_zps646d8131.jpg

this was NOT restricted to US only. we are talking sideshow distribution here and not including the Asian markets who had them available way before we did. sideshow got an allotment for the US only. THEN, they got a smaller allotment for European collectors.

if anyone should be upset, it's Canadian collectors that got left out in the cold. hey...just realized that line was funny. :lol

Well, from Sideshow, it was restricted to U.S. only, by Hot Toys, which isn't that unreasonable, considering that Sideshow is a store in the U.S.

What Hot Toys should have done is find a store or stores in Europe to sell it, and stores in any other countries that they want to sell it.
The problem is they made too few, I guess, so they only offered them to their biggest market store, which is Sideshow, in the U.S.
It sucks that people in Europe and Canada, South America, ect, should have to buy Hot Toys figures, made by an Asian company, from a store in the U.S.

I tell you, I wouldn't collect stuff from a store outside my own country. Shipping and import fees would be too high. I would count the cost and realize that there is no way I could justify collecting Japanese stuff from a Japanese store for example, which is why I don't buy from them. I never have. I probably never will.

In the beginning I was throwing the shipper out lol. Like some have said. It's a shipper box and gets ugly. I do agree the pack out does help though cause it protects the item but i don't pay the extra $10. I live 15 miles away! wish i could pick it up. My 1/4 batman arrived with a ding but the figure was ok and I'm happy But you guys can do whatever you want. It's your money. BtW I missed my ups again today!! My wife was waiting this time but he never made it pass the lobby door :(. Damn SS wish I could get my packages at work but they make it so hard.

I do too. I want the shippers. Hell, I paid $20 for a Hawkeye shipper bc the Hawkeye I bought didn't come with one. And the BBTS labels do bother me, but for whatever reason ups or fedex labels don't bother me.

Like I said, I like the shippers bc they protect the boxes while they sit in my closet.

Big deal. I like the brown shippers because they keep the nice art boxes safe and tell me what figure is inside. There is nothing aesthetically pleasing about them, so stickers, labels, some dings in that box are no big deal. It's a shipper, not the box for the item. Sideshow even says on the website they don't consider them part of the collectible but just shipping boxes that happen to have the name on the figure printed on them.

and it offers little to no protection against shipping abuse right down to the collector box and figure inside. i did mention once i actually saw tire tracks from most likely a package bin across one non-packed out figure. that figure was smashed and was returned.

it seriously reminds me of a star wars trilogy DVD set i bought and the seller shipped it in a plastic bag. it arrived trashed. why bother shipping like that if damage is almost guaranteed?

Im weird then because I want the shipper mint. I hate labels, even the bbts inventory labels. I always ask if the item has its shipper first before I consider buying a hot toys. I actually had a seller on this forum go off on me because I asked for the condition of the shipper too. Blew my mind that he did that.

That giant clear fedex label would eat at my soul.

Guys, Guys, You bought the Exclusive Battle damaged version ....Everyone knows it comes with a Battle Damaged Shipping box. The dents, dings are for added effect....

/

I think the face is bad a$$. No question the best part and the best representation so far. Going to look just as good on the 42. Battle damage looks really good. The only hang up I have is the black used to show the burn marks has the slightest sheen. Not that much but just enough to reflect a little light instead of absorbing it. I'm debating on shooting a little black gesso over it to flatten it down. But with how stupid the prices are right now I'm holding off. Normally I wouldn't give two s#!ts but if people want it that bad then who am I to judge. It has deshelved the original which now resides with the rest of the marks. So that's cool.

As a whole, very pleased.

On a side note, looks like all the silver scratches are utilizing the grid painting that we saw on the Jokers. Under close inspection you can see the pattern.I used to think it was decals but I'm not so sure anymore. I know they use masks but these almost look like screen printing.

I think it's some kind of dot matrix printing. Not sure.
Great pics man, some of the best I have seen so far.
And yep that headsculpt is killer.
:clap

I think it's some kind of dot matrix printing. Not sure.
Great pics man, some of the best I have seen so far.
And yep that headsculpt is killer.
:clap

remember those? noisy as hell. and forget it if it jammed...which it did. :lol

Attachment.SubType=MAIN

Back