Hot Toys - MMS187 - X-Men: The Last Stand: Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda want this. I really liked wolverine from the comics.

The head sculpt looks a lot like the character, but I'm not a fan of the last stand outfit :lol

didn't see this one posted:

574914_411116192283710_1572986355_n.jpg

looks better here. Glad I have my order in :yess:

Can someone tell me if the Origins Wolverine has real metal claws? The specs on this one just says claw hands but doesn't specify metal. I think it would really add some realism to the figure.

I like this figure enough to buy it. Huge Wolverine fan as well as Jackman. Even Kate and Leopold! I really hope we get more X figures. I'd be on board for the whole team. Even nightcrawler and Grammar Beast. Colossus and IceMan would be insane.

IceMan079.jpg

Yeah, XO has metal.

For $235 smackers, I think this one would have too.

Personally I prefer the bone claws, never really did like the movie claws. They look good on the figure though.

I'm starting to like this head sculpt, I might have to get this since I want a Wolverine in my collection.

The price is excessive though.

Reeve, sorry.

Pick up this Wolverine if you are satisfied with it but expect that a better version could come out in the future.

That's just it, not sure if I am satisfied enough, but maybe this is the best I am going to get as long as the used Origins version remains crazy above retail and the next Wolverine may be some sort of samurai version.

not sure, kinda sitting on make a decision right now.

Expect a better version, but also expect a higher price tag. It's like you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

True, both in terms of retail price and aftermarket.

Solely as a wolverine figure, this is actually a very good looking piece - If you take the price, the extra's and the likeness out of the equation. The clothes are quality and the sculpt is good (in a general sense).

Now that might sound stupid but not if your a long time Wolverine fan or like you said just want it to represent in your movie collection.

As for character "in the broadest way possible" It depends what you mean. Because yes this is Wolverine from the X-men movies but it's not Wolverine in a classic sense (he did wear the leather in the X-men films).

Alternatively you could wait until this comes out and see if you can pick up XO wolvie for around $300ish (can't see him going for lower than that even with this one) because some people might do the swap. This figure will not sell out for a while so you have at least until it comes out to make a decision.

When I said I want a wolverine figure that represents the character "in the broadest way possible" I was speaking primarily of a movie representation that still reminded us of the comics. I am displaying these on my movie shelf, with other movie Superhero figures (Rami Spider-man and First Avenger Cap- hoping with Wolverine I have a good representation of the Marvel films)

So with Wolverine I think the origins version captures a look and feel we not only see in all the movies (when he isn't wearing the X-men uniform) but also in the comics when he isn't in "costume".

Because I missed the origins one, the X-men 3 version may be my next and only opportunity if "The Wolverine" coming out next only does some sort of samurai version.

A samurai might look awesome, but not what I am looking for as a broader movie representation of the character.

When I said I want a wolverine figure that represents the character "in the broadest way possible" I was speaking primarily of a movie representation that still reminded us of the comics. I am displaying these on my movie shelf, with other movie Superhero figures (Rami Spider-man and First Avenger Cap- hoping with Wolverine I have a good representation of the Marvel films)

So with Wolverine I think the origins version captures a look and feel we not only see in all the movies (when he isn't wearing the X-men uniform) but also in the comics when he isn't in "costume".

Because I missed the origins one, the X-men 3 version may be my next and only opportunity if "The Wolverine" coming out next only does some sort of samurai version.

A samurai might look awesome, but not what I am looking for as a broader movie representation of the character.

Well then it sounds like you like the XO figure better.

You could do what I did, I also missed the XO so I decided to make my own custom. Check out the custom thread, some of the guy's have made awesome alternates. I picked up the head for $50 and the proper XO body for $89. The rest is up to you!

In terms of looking like jackman the sculpt is off. But its still a great looking wolverine.

Back