Hot Toys - MMS186 - The Avengers: HULK (Pics & Specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: HULK

I've just seen the Avengers and I loved how they portrayed the Hulk in the movie. I'd like to ask, out of genuine curiosity, what is is that makes him such a popular character in the comics.

I've always been a fan of Thor and Iron Man, but never really got into Cap and the Hulk. Maybe I perceived them as too one-dimensional, although that is probably a very subjective way of looking at things.

Since many who visit this thread are fans of the Hulk I'd like to ask what is it that you like about the characters so much? I hope it doesn't sound "trollish" since I'd really like to know. I got into Marvel comics at a later age so maybe I was looking at characters that were a bit more "serious or mature" in my subjective opinion which does not mean that the Hulk is childish, but it does seem to me, especially after observing my nephew's connection to the Hulk (his favorite of course :)), that he's the type of Marvel character that one bonds with first when exposed to the universe at an early age.

I'd just like to get some input from genuine fans. Personally, I'm all into nordic mythology and cyberpunk and that is why Thor and IM resonate with me so much, for example.

$298.99

$315.99

$329.99

$345.99

These are more realistic guesses.

Look at Jake Sully. The new body the intricate detail of his feathered/hairdress, the light up base, the extra weapons etc.

$314.99
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901006

And thats justified for an 18" Figure

The Hulk will not be an 18" figure. More bulk yeah, but WAY less stuff.

I really do not see how people think that he will be a penny over $350.00...they are not thinking rationally...

My thoughts exactly.

As for those people who want bendable fingers, I'm sure we'll get a few switch-out hands. Either relaxed or in a splayed pose. Pretty much everything you'll need for the Hulk. Only reason you'd need bendy hands in addition to those is to display him giving the finger. :dunno

Im into Thor because of my heritage but eventually did like him a lot in the comics too. When I was a kid I loved the tv series of the Hulk and he was one of my favorites. Looking through the comics though, I never liked him on his own. I thought the enemies in Hulk comics really were boring and I couldn't get into the military always hunting him.

Hot Toys Avengers Thor = I'm in.
Hot Toys Avengers IM Mk VII = I'm in.
Hot Toys Hulk = I'm in (if it is UNDER $300)

There is no way a figure that more than likely will come with nothing more than some hands and MAYBE a base will get more $300 from my wallet. IF he came with another base figure and the Bruce Banner head sculpt then it would totally make it worth $350 (hell we are getting that with skywalker aren't we? he is well under $350).

I pay $450.00 if HULK came with Banner HS ...be super COOL!!! ;)

Ordering this is a definite for me. I'm just worried about where I'm gonna put it. Obviously my Detolf is off the table. I think I'm going to try to find a wall mountable option just for my four Avengers figures.

Ordering this is a definite for me. I'm just worried about where I'm gonna put it. Obviously my Detolf is off the table. I think I'm going to try to find a wall mountable option just for my four Avengers figures.

Wall mount you say? Excellent idea! :D But just four? I'll be making a couple shelves for the seven main ones. I may have to do something special since Hulk is so big.

Wall mount you say? Excellent idea! :D But just four? I'll be making a couple shelves for the seven main ones. I may have to do something special since Hulk is so big.

I may have to go the custom route myself. I'm not finding much of anything that resembles what I want :(

I'm only getting Cap, Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk. Really have no interest in the others.

I may have to go the custom route myself. I'm not finding much of anything that resembles what I want :(

I'm only getting Cap, Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk. Really have no interest in the others.

That'll be a great set of four. I'm making two 30'' shelves for mine. Hulk and two others on the upper shelf and the rest below.

Looks great. Can't wait to get this.

Can't believe this will only cost a first-born child!!!! So glad the wait is finally over.

$450 throw in a banner sculpt with a standard HT TT and civil clothing. Let's go.

Don't know if it has been meantioned but I'm pretty sure that you can expect a red or grey variant of this hulk as a comic con exclusive somewhere down the road, as HT will not waste the mold on a one off figure release is my guess.

Don't know if it has been meantioned but I'm pretty sure that you can expect a red or grey variant of this hulk as a comic con exclusive somewhere down the road, as HT will not waste the mold on a one off figure release is my guess.

Totally agree, there is no way that Hot Toys is going to utilize this body design for this sole figure.

People keep saying, if they through in a Banner head blah blah, do people really think HT would make a separate head for custom figures when they can make produce them and make loads of money off them? Sorry but this just seems really far fetched.

People keep saying, if they through in a Banner head blah blah, do people really think HT would make a separate head for custom figures when they can make produce them and make loads of money off them? Sorry but this just seems really far fetched.

Iron Man came with separate Head Sculpts as well as the T1000 Sarah, Batman Begins, Black Spiderman.

Iron Man came with separate Head Sculpts as well as the T1000 Sarah, Batman Begins, Black Spiderman.

Yeah, heads that fit on the figure they come with. Wouldn't really be able to put a tiny Banner head on a full Hulk body without it looking stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back