Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

Will this not include a display stand for flying poses? Seems like a mandatory inclusion.

Will this not include a display stand for flying poses? Seems like a mandatory inclusion.

That would be a nice touch and something a little different. Let's hope that idea hits home with them.

I was actually thinking about getting the Mark VII since I liked the added bulkiness, but at the end of the day I think I have to pass.

It looks great but I keep on just coming back to the fact that I have a number of IM suits already...do I really need another one?

For me the answer is no. Can't wait to see pictures of him when all of you get him!

Circular chest RT, Red and Gold. Both on the...
... Mark III :dunno

MIV not only didn't make it thro the movie but never even participated in a real fight (drunken Tony kicking his friend's ass don't count).
So yes, there's nothing classic and good about MIV. It was just an update of MIII and served as a base for MVI.

yup, i was hoping for that too, so i can pose all of em kinda like this pic

avengers7272645551.jpg

MIV not only didn't make it thro the movie but never even participated in a real fight (drunken Tony kicking his friend's ass don't count).
So yes, there's nothing classic and good about MIV. It was just an update of MIII and served as a base for MVI.

Yeah, i think the fondness for the MK IV, is all about it being the first of the new generation of improved HT iron men

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet trying to create friction where there is none.

Since the release of the Mark IV and Mark VI Hot Toys figures several people have come onto these boards calling out for help about whether or not they should get the Mark IV or the Mark VI (the Mark III doesn't even enter into this equation).

Just because the Mark IV didn't 'last' a fight in a film doesn't negate any of the classical aspects the suit has and just because you seem to have a boner for the Mark III and the fact it came first, again doesn't negate these classic aspects that the Mark IV has.

The reason I called the Mark IV classic is because it is a classic design, the reason I compared the Mark IV (over the Mark III) to the Mark VI is because these are the major comparisons that you find on this board. Therefore my statement about this Hot Toys figure having the accessories (battle damaged plates etc..) of the Mark VI and the classic look of the Mark IV figure (Circular RT, Red Gold) was a statement more or less saying that this armour is the definitive one for people who don't have one because it has everything the Mark IV and Mark VI release has.

I think the MK IV has a slightly more classic feel over the MK III simply because it has a 'human body' design feel as mentioned by Dedguy earlier. Close to the muscular drawings of the suit in the comic books.

The clear rod (for flight poses) would be included only if there was a custom base or HOA base.

I'll take either one. :D

Seeing as this one is an MMS release and has already been spec'd. I can see the "flying" stand included in the DX release.

Since this already includes battle damage, I don't know what else they could add to it. Besides the pod armor

Maybe instead of DX MK7 they could make DX Tony in casual clothes and a diorama base of the broken window he was thrown out of, with a functional Armor pod that could open up and semi wrap around the figure, to recreate the falling scene.

I think the DX figure will come and it will have removable boosterpack, with moveable thrusters on back and legs. probably a tony headscuplt in helmet damaged as shown when Hulf rips off at end of movie. More then like a diorama base stand and the armor pod.

A DX should have everything the MMS release has, plus a detachable booster pack, a battle damaged helmeted Tony HS with PERS, the armor coffin (big maybe), and of course the flight pose stand.

I think the DX figure will come and it will have removable boosterpack, with moveable thrusters on back and legs. probably a tony headscuplt in helmet damaged as shown when Hulf rips off at end of movie. More then like a diorama base stand and the armor pod.

Thor ripped the mask off... The boosterpack on the back are removable

Thanks for pointing out that it was mentioned before.

Back