Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

Thor ripped the mask off... The boosterpack on the back are removable

The booster pack on the back are removable? where do you see this I don't even see the thrusters on the back the details for the back are actually one of the few flaws i see with this figure, he has all the flaps but the booster pack is kinda just molded an its inactive state from what I have seen,

Your right Thor rips off the mask my mistake (should know better after seeing this movie 5 times in theater :))

The booster pack on the back are removable? where do you see this I don't even see the thrusters on the back the details for the back are actually one of the few flaws i see with this figure, he has all the flaps but the booster pack is kinda just molded an its inactive state from what I have seen,

Your right Thor rips off the mask my mistake (should know better after seeing this movie 5 times in theater :))

Made the conclusion from this pic:
547821_400710183324311_2024012015_n.jpg

I think it's more like Mark III + War Machine = Mark 7. Has the same aeronautic as design the Mark III (as opposed to the anatomic design of the Mark IV/VI) coupled with the additional weapons of War Machine. In particular the plates on the thighs and weapons pods on the shoulders are very reminiscent of War Machine.

The big notable difference for me between Saunders (Iron Man, Avengers) and the dudes who did Iron Man 2 is that the Saunders designs largely ignore the muscle groups of human anatomy while the IM2 designs take a lot of the panel designs and general form from human anatomy. The Mark IV/VI almost looks like a Bridgman anatomy diagram.

I like this explanation... and I like an aeronautic look.

I'm not sure why anyone would think there'd ever be a DX Iron Man. They've made 7 different Batman figures. 3 have been DX's.

Batman Begins MMS
Dark Knight Batman Begins MMS
Dark Knight MMS
Dark Knight DX
TF Batman Begins MMS
89 Keaton Batman DX
Dark Knight Rise Batman DX

They've made 15 Iron Man figures ( I included the 2 War Machines ) and ZERO have been a DX.

Mark I
Mark I 2.0
Mark II
Mark II Unleased
Mark III
Mark III Battle Damaged
Mark III Gunmetal
Mark IV
Mark IV Secret Project
Mark V
Mark VI
Mark VI Avengers
Mark VII
War Machine
War Marchine Milk

What would make anyone think they'd start making Iron Man a DX 5 years into making Iron Man figures? :dunno

A DX Tony Stark would make WAY more sense. Just my opinion.

People seem to think every figure has been remade into a DX which is ridiculously far from the truth. DX's are rare and remake DX's rarer still.

One would think Hot Toys would mention a removable booster pack in their specs. But what do I know?

Just because HT hasn't released a DX version doesn't mean a DX or a re-release is impossible. OK let's do it this way. How about a Mark VII Unleashed? or a Mark VII v2.0?

Looks molded on to me:

220121ei35n85899sf93fv.jpg

One would think Hot Toys would mention a removable booster pack in their specs. But what do I know?

Just because HT hasn't released a DX version doesn't mean a DX or a re-release is impossible. OK let's do it this way. How about a Mark VII Unleashed? or a Mark VII v2.0?

Looks molded on to me:

220121ei35n85899sf93fv.jpg

Just because HT hasn't released a DX version doesn't mean a DX or a re-release is impossible. OK let's do it this way. How about a Mark VII Unleashed? or a Mark VII v2.0?QUOTE]

Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE. The point is, they've already made 15 IM figures and NONE have been a DX. Don't you think HT themselves have considered making their number 1 money maker even more money by making DX versions? I'm sure they have. And the fact that 5 years and 15 figures later, the fact that they haven't made an Iron Man DX speaks louder. Let alone the fact that there is no reason to make an Iron Made a DX. HIS EYES CAN BE SEEN:slap

Well he flaps probably don't come attached ala previous releases and the should pods are removable since you can swap them out. The question is… does it look right at all once all that stuff is removed. My guess is that it doesn't since they had to include swappable pieces to make the thighs look right with the pods removed.

Just because HT hasn't released a DX version doesn't mean a DX or a re-release is impossible. OK let's do it this way. How about a Mark VII Unleashed? or a Mark VII v2.0?QUOTE]

Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE. The point is, they've already made 15 IM figures and NONE have been a DX. Don't you think HT themselves have considered making their number 1 money maker even more money by making DX versions? I'm sure they have. And the fact that 5 years and 15 figures later, the fact that they haven't made an Iron Man DX speaks louder. Let alone the fact that there is no reason to make an Iron Made a DX. HIS EYES CAN BE SEEN:slap

I think you missed my point. People were asking for a flight pose stand to be included with this release and according to the specs, it's not included.

Which is why I'm speculating that a flight pose stand would be included with a likely re-release. Whether it'd be a DX, V2.0, or Unleashed version, I honestly could care less.

And who said anything about the PERS having to be seen through his mask? The feature would only enhance the Tony HS and nothing more. Although I agree that It would be highly unlikely, it would still not be out of the realm of possibilities. We're all just shooting the breeze here.

I think you missed my point. People were asking for a flight pose stand to be included with this release and according to the specs, it's not included.

Which is why I'm speculating that a flight pose stand would be included with a likely re-release. Whether it'd be a DX, V2.0, or Unleashed version, I honestly could care less.

And who said anything about the PERS having to be seen through his mask? The feature would only enhance the Tony HS and nothing more. Although I agree that It would be highly unlikely, it would still not be out of the realm of possibilities. We're all just shooting the breeze here.

Its all good bro. Toys, Fun. Even though I quoted you, my comments aren't directed at you. They are directed at all the comments over the last few pages regarding an Iron Man DX. :wave

nice new picture for Mark VII , its just me but the paint texture in the arm hmmm its not that fine tho:gah:

Even still I think a re-release with new features or accessories is unlikely anytime soon. Out of the eight suits they have released three have gotten remade and all of them are from the first Iron Man film and all where done awhile after the initial release. Quite a few years in the case of the Mark I 2.0 and Mark II AU.

I'm not counting special exclusive color variants or the exclusive VI from the Avengers as I don't think those really fall into the same category as they don't add anything new in terms of accessories or features.

now that I think of it, don't people complain about the small heads on the Iron Man figures? Aren't the actual Tony Stark Headsculpts accurate scale? why not make the helmet big enough to actually seem like it can fit over the head sculpt for accurate proportions? Other than that, I can't wait to pre order this figure as well as Hulk :3

Last edited:

Its all good bro. Toys, Fun. Even though I quoted you, my comments aren't directed at you. They are directed at all the comments over the last few pages regarding an Iron Man DX. :wave

:hi5:

no problem. like I said, just shooting the breeze with my fellow enthusiasts. :)

Back