Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So does everyone hate this sculpt?

TonyStarkSculptVII.jpg

Personally I love it, the detail is amazing and it's a lot more fun than all the other "serious" if you will, Tony sculpts.

Personal opinion I guess, nothing wrong with that. I personally hated it and couldn't stand to even look at it lol.

It does have a fun look to it, I just wish it looked like RDJ.

I really think it's a poor attempt. Great idea, though. The eyes really ruin it for me - it looks like a Stark cosplayer. I used to think it was alright, but with the amazing sculpts coming with the Iron Man 3 figures it pales in comparison. Mine won't leave the box unfortunately, and that's a shame because I think the Avengers look is the best from all the films.

Last edited:
I think there is likeness in there. But there's something about the eyes. How small they are and how wide that looks almost but not entirely unlike RDJ.
Don't get me wrong. I don't think it's that great either. But when you put shades on it, you can ignore the eyes and it does look like RDJ in there.
It's just a shame the eyes don't look better, or this would have been the best sculpt(I doubt they will do another smirking one because of how badly received this one has been).

IMG_4811.jpg

IMG_4812.jpg

Of course, it doesn't help that so soon after the MKVII was released, they brought the IM3 Armour Test Tony and that sculpt(While still not perfect), totally blows the MKVII one away.
And with shades on, as before, it looks even better again, with a REAL RDJ likeness.
You are just waiting for one of his smartarse comments:

IMG_5288.jpg

IMG_5289.jpg

IMG_5290.jpg

IMG_5291.jpg

IMG_5292.jpg

TonyStarkSculptVII.jpg

Personally I love it, the detail is amazing and it's a lot more fun than all the other "serious" if you will, Tony sculpts.

people hating this sculpt confirms that collectors are getting spoiled. anyone ever seen sideshow's star wars human sculpts. yikes!!!!

About the eyes not been wide, could be something to do with the smirk, when you smile your eyes do squint.

In a weird way to me it screams Tony Stark but at the same time not RDJ...

Now... This is TONY STARK !!!

1384223_212388932272160_1819836813_n_zps6a699da2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh Def!

Anyone who has Agent Coulsen could you take me a pic with his sunglasses on the VII HS? I found a pair on eBay I'd like to see what they look. Would really appreciate it.

Last edited:

I don't hate it. It was actually the only thing I bought from the regular MKVII release. The BD version will be my Avengers version. The squint makes sense with the smirk, but they made his irises the size they would be if his eyes were open fully. The irises should be bigger.

Nice!
More info on this headsculpt please.
Is someone selling these or are they your own custom?

Sculpt by Viva Lai

Am i the only one that who Getting sick and Tired of HT head Sculpt !!! their eye looks so Chinese ( I'm Asian ) and Tony Stark head sculpt are getting worse and worse !!

Last edited:
Custom by Viva Lai

Am i the only one that who Getting sick and Tired of HT head Sculpt !!! their eye looks so Chinese ( I'm Asian ) and Tony Stark head sculpt are getting worse and worse !!

I agree with you.
I often wonder with them milking ironman, they should have by now have a stark that has an amazing likeness to Robert Downey like you posted.
My personal favorite stock is still stark from mark IV, to me, with the glasses on...it still has the best resemblance to RDJ.
I wish Viva would offer that sculpt.

Back