Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my Mk VII this morning and I love it. However, I ran into a problem with the head/face plates. The magnet that rests in the Iron Man head was loose, and the magnet on the face plate would always pull it out of place when I would install the plate. I have to call or email sideshow and see if they'll send me a replacement.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with their figure? A little superglue would probably solve all my problems, but this figure should really be perfect for what it cost.

My magnet also fell off on my battle damaged faceplate. I wouldn't bother with sideshow. One drop of super glew fixed mine perfect. No issues.

yep, mine did the same and spot of superglue was all it needed

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

they sculpt in 1/6 scale, I think Neca does larger sculpts and down sizes but HT is sculpted by hand in 1/6 scale

Sculpt at 1/6... or more or less same size as final product.

That's impressive, but I can't help but think it might be easier to get even better quality by sculpting in larger size and then reducing the size.

I got my Mk VII this morning and I love it. However, I ran into a problem with the head/face plates. The magnet that rests in the Iron Man head was loose, and the magnet on the face plate would always pull it out of place when I would install the plate. I have to call or email sideshow and see if they'll send me a replacement.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with their figure? A little superglue would probably solve all my problems, but this figure should really be perfect for what it cost.

you would bother sideshow with a small easily fixed issue like that? Also you spent a couple of hundred dollars like the rest of us. Stop acting like that is a mountain of cash. You know how to use glue right?

you would bother sideshow with a small easily fixed issue like that? Also you spent a couple of hundred dollars like the rest of us. Stop acting like that is a mountain of cash. You know how to use glue right?

Jeez man, relax. It's not like I called you directly for advice.

Haha wow, did you catch your girlfriend/boyfriend cheating on you? why so angry :cuckoo:

Got this figure today. The basic, clean Iron Man is very excellent. I still like the Mark IV design better, but this one poses better. The repulser hands were way overdue, and are fantastic.

On the negative side, the RDJ head is horrible of course. Not even as good as the Señor Stark from the Mark IV and VI. And the battle damage doesn't look very good in-hand IMO. Mark VI is still the best battle damaged Iron Man available.

I feel you brother, but just use a tad of superglue.

If sideshow sends you a replacement, then that will mean one less person will get one of these beauties from the "waitlist".

I will try the superglue tomorrow. I was just seeing if anyone else had a similar issue. Last thing I want to do is cause someone else to not get the figure off the wait list.

Got this figure today. The basic, clean Iron Man is very excellent. I still like the Mark IV design better, but this one poses better. The repulser hands were way overdue, and are fantastic.

On the negative side, the RDJ head is horrible of course. Not even as good as the Señor Stark from the Mark IV and VI. And the battle damage doesn't look very good in-hand IMO. Mark VI is still the best battle damaged Iron Man available.

Agreed. The Mark VI is the best battle damaged IM so far, but the BD mark VII is not out yet so we'll see what it looks like in hand.

Total noob question . . . I figured all the parts out except the two red "tab" type parts that are in the bottom tray on the top. I can't figure out for the life of me where the hell they go! What are they!?

Just got this from at AlterEgo..

tumblr_m9192qcMqQ1r47wsdo1_400.gif

I ordered from AlterEgo last September, but haven't received ANY info from them at all:gah:...I hope they didn't lose my order or something:dunno

Total noob question . . . I figured all the parts out except the two red "tab" type parts that are in the bottom tray on the top. I can't figure out for the life of me where the hell they go! What are they!?

They replace the silver bits next to the neck.

Anyway, got mine, love him to death, really close between him and Loki for favorite Avengers figure. Got my shelf all lined up, waiting for the green guy who I hope fits.

Back