Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes...is that the head in the pack with Mark VII....why is it so big on the body??? It looks like it is been added on in the picture over the original head. Or the helmet head is too small....something is off...

it looks the size of the helmet it's supposed to be in. i won't be displaying with just the RDJ sculpt but i'm seeing what you are.

Finally we are back on track. Thanks for the pics. Love the look and size of the Mark7. You can tell this is a taller and bulkier suit then past Marks.

I have started the eye mod to one of my extra faceplates I got off Ebay. Just applied the putty and basic eye shape. Now to let it cure and then sand and refine the eyes.
I will post pics of that stage later.

Finally we are back on track. Thanks for the pics. Love the look and size of the Mark7. You can tell this is a taller and bulkier suit then past Marks.

I have started the eye mod to one of my extra faceplates I got off Ebay. Just applied the putty and basic eye shape. Now to let it cure and then sand and refine the eyes.
I will post pics of that stage later.

Nice. It already looks the business!
Have we got the exact colour nailed down yet?

Nice. It already looks the business!
Have we got the exact colour nailed down yet?

I am using Tamiya TS-21 Gold. It matched the best in testing at hobby shop. Then I am going to clear coat with gloss coat. The matte coat may be good for battle damaged version, but I am going with modded faceplate for the clean look.

I used scotch blue painters tape on the lens part so they could be set in the faceplate and I could add the putty without messing up the lens or getting any putty where it would affect snapping the lens back in place.

I am going to be sanding it back down, so I just shot a test spray of the Tamiya TS-21 on just the top part of the faceplate. The bottom half is the stock color. It is just about spot on. Keep In mind too that the bottom half was already sanded a bit to get ready for repainting after mod.

Is the plastic eye piece grooved with the eyes? What I am meaning with that, does each plastic eye stick out to go into the eyehole on the mask?

Could it be trimmed down with a dremmel sanding disc?

If so that could be very beneficial to get material around the outside and the inside of the face mask. Then when the clear plastic eye piece is set back in, that will hold the hard putty in place and give you a nice area to sand down for a good fit from the inside.

Last edited:
Is the plastic eye piece grooved with the eyes? What I am meaning with that, does each plastic eye stick out to go into the eyehole on the mask?

Could it be trimmed down with a dremmel sanding disc?

If so that could be very beneficial to get material around the outside and the inside of the face mask. Then when the clear plastic eye piece is set back in, that will hold the hard putty in place and give you a nice area to sand down for a good fit from the inside.

Thee lens is exactly as you describe. What I ended up doing to make the putty adhere to the plastic solidly is once it was dried I coated it with a real thin consistency cyanoacrylate..super glue...it hardened the putty even more and bonded it well to the faceplate. I didnt want to grind down the lens since I want to keep the outer lens clear.

Here is what I have so far. I will work on it more throughout the week. I want it s.ooth as glass before I paint it. I also want to work the eyes just right.

I will post more pics later.

Couldnt help myself and worked the eyes a bit more in the second pic.

Ok ...nuff for now...I gotta sleep...:lol

Last edited:
Thee lens is exactly as you describe. What I ended up doing to make the putty adhere to the plastic solidly is once it was dried I coated it with a real thin consistency cyanoacrylate..super glue...it hardened the putty even more and bonded it well to the faceplate. I didnt want to grind down the lens since I want to keep the outer lens clear.

Here is what I have so far. I will work on it more throughout the week. I want it s.ooth as glass before I paint it. I also want to work the eyes just right.

I will post more pics later.

Couldnt help myself and worked the eyes a bit more in the second pic.

Ok ...nuff for now...I gotta sleep...:lol
Nice work there Cyber. Just got my epoxy putty in the mail along with my two extra Mark VII faceplates. Sculpting a new faceplate is a pain so I'm going to try this route as well and see how it goes.

Yours is coming out nicely!

mine just came today, here are some quick shots

1001767_10151519646618528_1958296306_n.jpg

993015_10151519646613528_1243226318_n.jpg

1011930_10151519646753528_966649177_n.jpg

Having all these BD parts makes it almost another figure!

935906_10151519646828528_840625162_n.jpg

1010512_10151519646928528_533197166_n.jpg

can I get a TANK MISSILE?

468592_10151519647068528_232073733_o.jpg

972007_10151519647353528_970443567_n.jpg

8557_10151519647393528_653921684_n.jpg

10554_10151519647623528_920661686_n.jpg

Loving the pics! Thanks for sharing!!! :hi5:

Loving the pics! Thanks for sharing!!! :hi5:

gonna take some more tonight, this figure is fun to pose

1 word of warning though, the wrist guard is a piece of hard plastic on a small rubber ring and they come apart very easily, I took them apart and used some heavy duty superglue to make sure they stick on

gonna take some more tonight, this figure is fun to pose

1 word of warning though, the wrist guard is a piece of hard plastic on a small rubber ring and they come apart very easily, I took them apart and used some heavy duty superglue to make sure they stick on

I won't have mine for a couple of weeks yet. I assume the wrist guards are fragile?

Back