Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Username used a heavy grit sandpaper, because the location where the light is emitted is so close to the lens, you need to defuse the light more aggressively to not get the uneven darker edges.

Yes tissue paper, or dull coat or anything that will defuse the light will work, but I appreciate that username was willing to share ideas and test samples with us.

If you want to use tissue paper to defuse the light, you can use this stuff called washi paper. It is basically a decorative Japanese tissue paper that has an adhesive side. Basically tissue paper tape. Washi paper is usually printed on, but you can cut out clean areas of the paper to stick to the lens.

One could always use a matted (or a diffuser) tape and stick on the head under the mask (where the light comes through) rather than scratching the lens on the mask. Much easier and reversible mode.

Edit: Basically what Cyber7 mentioned.... but on the head and not the mask...

p.s..... may buy some of the said tape from my local DIASO later...

One could always use a matted (or a diffuser) tape and stick on the head under the mask (where the light comes through) rather than scratching the lens on the mask. Much easier and reversible mode.

Edit: Basically what Cyber7 mentioned.... but on the head and not the mask...

p.s..... may buy some of the said tape from my local DIASO later...

Got a link for an example, thanks !

mine with fixed eyes and mouth

936789_507146656018769_2026997476_n.jpg

All you people who like to mod figures. What do you do when you want to sell them off? Do you have problems finding buyers for figures that have be modified?

mine with fixed eyes and mouth

936789_507146656018769_2026997476_n.jpg

tumblr_maobj0aF8R1rybkpto1_500.gif

wow look at that, I'm speechless :goodpost: HT should know better.. this is how the figure should be
it looks awesome :clap

Thanks mate :) i just used abit of epoxy putty and sculpted around the eyes and lower lip

It really looks perfect, time to get some epoxy putty :yess: if you could give me any advise I would really appreciate that

Last edited:
All you people who like to mod figures. What do you do when you want to sell them off? Do you have problems finding buyers for figures that have be modified?

I never sell anything and for me most of the reason I buy 1/6 stuff is to customize it. I enjoy that aspect quite a bit.

I for see a recasting of a modified mask having big business, seeing the market size of HT.... maybe HT will wise-up and ship the other batches with the corrected mask, HT did it before (on other figures) if I recalled correctly.

Back