Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i believe hot toys is moving forward and you won't see any previously released figures re-released in diecast.

doubt it

NW13591860430Oj.jpg

i believe we will see different releases from past movies, NOT the same figure re-released for the sake of different materials. how many people will buy another Mark I or Mark VII because of more metal? perhaps this is where we'll see battle damaged versions of previous marks. i'm hoping for an iron whiplash in diecast.

i believe we will see different releases from past movies, NOT the same figure re-released for the sake of different materials. how many people will buy another Mark I or Mark VII because of more metal? perhaps this is where we'll see battle damaged versions of previous marks. i'm hoping for an iron whiplash in diecast.

I think you'd be surprised. If they updated the sculpts and made them more accurate, people will buy them. Look at the Joker re-releases. The same costumed Joker has been released so many times yet people still buy it because there are enough improvements to where it convinced people they need it. Same for Mark II unleashed. It's a better looking armor than the first release so people bought it. If they update the Mark III or IV with a more accurate suit and metal, people will buy it.

I think you'd be surprised. If they updated the sculpts and made them more accurate, people will buy them. Look at the Joker re-releases. The same costumed Joker has been released so many times yet people still buy it because there are enough improvements to where it convinced people they need it. Same for Mark II unleashed. It's a better looking armor than the first release so people bought it. If they update the Mark III or IV with a more accurate suit and metal, people will buy it.

you really think at this point people want to see rehashing of MORE iron man? you're thinking of your personal wants and not what the majority would be interested in. the market is saturated with according to many complainers on this board, way too much iron man as it is. they aren't even excited about the different marks coming out because they only briefly appeared in IM3.

the joker obviously isn't a level comparison. heath ledger's posthumous oscar performance endeared him to fans forever. if they released a joker figure in an outhouse taking a dump, it would be sold out in a minute.

you really think at this point people want to see rehashing of MORE iron man? you're thinking of your personal wants and not what the majority would be interested in. the market is saturated with according to many complainers on this board, way too much iron man as it is. they aren't even excited about the different marks coming out because they only briefly appeared in IM3.

the joker obviously isn't a level comparison. heath ledger's posthumous oscar performance endeared him to fans forever. if they released a joker figure in an outhouse taking a dump, it would be sold out in a minute.

looking at the BD VII apparently people do want more rehash, sold out in 3 hours

looking at the BD VII apparently people do want more rehash, sold out in 3 hours

it wasn't a re-release. it was a battle damaged version which always carries collector appeal. especially with an alien weapon, warrior base and LOW edition size. new to collecting are you?

I'd be in for a Diecast Mark II, III, IV, V and VI :lol But specially III and V with nice acessories and great headsculpt. Or a DX Mark V with a second body (Tony racing suit). One can dream :lol

I'd be in for a Diecast Mark II, III, IV, V and VI :lol But specially III and V with nice acessories and great headsculpt. Or a DX Mark V with a second body (Tony racing suit). One can dream :lol

actually re-releasing all the marks in diecast will successfully CRUSH the inflated secondary market on ebay for previous releases. what's their retail, $309.99? how many of the previous releases now sell for more than that?

Just saw a Mark VI for $649.99 on ebay. That's insane. That's why I'm kinda excited for diecast re-releases. Only way I can have the older and awesome suits. I can't be the only one in this situation

Diecast mk3 with an improved full hs or a diecast mk1 with removable armor & workstation. One or both of these would be amazing!

that they would, though I have a bad feeling about the whole diecast thing, wish HT would post a pic showing exactly what parts are diecast. and I think that in solving the pink panties issues, we're getting a whole new batch of headaches with the diecast line

that they would, though I have a bad feeling about the whole diecast thing, wish HT would post a pic showing exactly what parts are diecast. and I think that in solving the pink panties issues, we're getting a whole new batch of headaches with the diecast line

I don't know man. I mean, it's understandable that almost everyone is cautious about this diecast thing, but i'm really optimistic about having an Iron Man made of metal :rock

only 40% metal... and really when its sitting on your shelf does it make a difference? unless your flying it around your house what does it matter?

I'm concerned because no company has "proven" the diecast thing works, or for how long, so i dont like HT diving head first into a shallow market when it could go **** up... and with such a great line of figs...

only 40% metal... and really when its sitting on your shelf does it make a difference? unless your flying it around your house what does it matter?

I'm concerned because no company has "proven" the diecast thing works, or for how long, so i dont like HT diving head first into a shallow market when it could go **** up... and with such a great line of figs...

What if I am? Maybe I'm gonna fight crime with my metal Iron Man :rock :lol But jokes aside, I don't know man, it'd just feel more awesome. My girlfriend likes these figures just as I do, she loved opening Hawkeye with me and stood there for like half an hour, just holding the figure and checking the amazing details in it. That'd make a difference with a Diecast Iron Man. You'd check him out, all his details and the feel would be more realistic. That's hypothetical, of course, and that's why I po'ed Mark VII as well, to have a plastic one and compare! Of course it could all be a disaster, but, as I said, I'm an optimistic guy! :lol

That reminds me. I opened my TF Masterpiece Megatron to find the diecast feet were rusted. Old G1 iteration was fine though. Rust would be a ridiculous issue to deal with and as frustrating as the dx2 leaking rubber nonsense.

What if I am? Maybe I'm gonna fight crime with my metal Iron Man :rock :lol But jokes aside, I don't know man, it'd just feel more awesome. My girlfriend likes these figures just as I do, she loved opening Hawkeye with me and stood there for like half an hour, just holding the figure and checking the amazing details in it. That'd make a difference with a Diecast Iron Man. You'd check him out, all his details and the feel would be more realistic. That's hypothetical, of course, and that's why I po'ed Mark VII as well, to have a plastic one and compare! Of course it could all be a disaster, but, as I said, I'm an optimistic guy! :lol

I hear you, I'm gunna wait for in hands and durability test :lol but for me Diecast is meaningless for the 1-2 hours you may hold it/ play with it. plus the price is higher, costs more to ship etc... wait and see I guess

It would be nice if Hot Toys would at least show some teaser images of the diecast line up Iron Man 1-7 so I can stop the demon inside of me to want to purchase some old Iron Man! I collected late so I would like a redo or an improvement in diecast. Other than that, when is OMG going to get his VII and post? :lol

It's be great to see a HT IM sitting in your detolf rusting away over the years like an old pickup truck parked in a hillbilly's yard.
An on that train of thought, i wonder if these figures will stand the test of time? Will they all still look box fresh in 20 years time?

Back