Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
remove the pants and check it out...

On a side note, if you dont have time to mess with (I assume that means pose/display) these figures, why even bother?

On a side note, if you dont have time to mess with (I assume that means pose/display) these figures, why even bother?

The no time is temporary. Like a few weeks. Kids, work, life, yeah, sometimes people don't have time to fix toys. Why bother? Oh, I don't know, like everyone else here I think these are the coolest things on earth.

I did remove pants and they were extremely crooked and putting on the boots were causing them to twist even more, which was causing the problem I thought I had.. a weak knee similar the BRJokers.

The no time is temporary. Like a few weeks. Kids, work, life, yeah, sometimes people don't have time to fix toys. Why bother? Oh, I don't know, like everyone else here I think these are the coolest things on earth.

I did remove pants and they were extremely crooked and putting on the boots were causing them to twist even more, which was causing the problem I thought I had.. a weak knee similar the BRJokers.

A weak knee (on a True Type) is usually a really easy fix. The knee joint is removable. The leg is 3 pieces; thigh double jointed knee connector and calf. Grab the leg by the thigh and calf and pull. Then pull the full knee joint (which has two pegs that connect into the thigh and calf portions) out of whichever side it stick in. The knee is double jointed and there is a screw for each joint. Tighten them up and you're good to go!

I do this for the knock offs but I usually don't have to do this for official TTs. I did this for Thor yesterday and I did it for my '89 Joker.

A weak knee (on a True Type) is usually a really easy fix. The knee joint is removable. The leg is 3 pieces; thigh double jointed knee connector and calf. Grab the leg by the thigh and calf and pull. Then pull the full knee joint (which has two pegs that connect into the thigh and calf portions) out of whichever side it stick in. The knee is double jointed and there is a screw for each joint. Tighten them up and you're good to go!

I do this for the knock offs but I usually don't have to do this for official TTs. I did this for Thor yesterday and I did it for my '89 Joker.

Thanks, I will probably have to do this then, as I went back and checked and it looks like it did before I fixed the pants last night. So I guess the weak knee is causing the crooked pants. I really just am scared to tinker with these too much as when I went to check BR Jokers weak knee it just snapped in two. That was just lifting up the pants leg when I got it to see why it was leaning right. First figure broke first day. But haven't had a problem since.

Thanks, I will probably have to do this then, as I went back and checked and it looks like it did before I fixed the pants last night. So I guess the weak knee is causing the crooked pants. I really just am scared to tinker with these too much as when I went to check BR Jokers weak knee it just snapped in two. That was just lifting up the pants leg when I got it to see why it was leaning right. First figure broke first day. But haven't had a problem since.

It works like a charm. Here's a pic in case anyone did get exactly what I meant. Three parts of the leg, double joint has two screws. You need a very small Phillips head for this.

This is a Cap First Avenger body. Usually everything will pull right apart or if it's a little tight you can use a blow dryer to soften it up but this didn't work on a TTM21. The thigh side came out normally but even after heat I couldn't get the knee joint out of the calf. They might have started gluing them because I never had a problem before.

Does anyone know if hot toys are doing toy fair exclusives this year - I am hoping for a sleeveless thor?

I'm surprised they haven't to be honest. I thought they'd milk avengers dry with different variants. Especially sleeveless thor would popular.

Do they have thor 2 licence? Ive been holding back from getting avengers thor.

Well Thor hasn't gone to waitlist yet. Maybe they made to many or he's not as popular? Someone posted a mod for that sleeveless look.

Do they have the licence for thor the dark world?

I don't wanna splash the cash and buy the current thor if we'll see a new figure later in the year.

Well Thor hasn't gone to waitlist yet. Maybe they made to many or he's not as popular? Someone posted a mod for that sleeveless look.

Yes, someone did a mod for the sleeveless look using the Chris Redfield body with the rubber skin arms. It looked really good too. It was shortly after people received their Thor from SSC.

I despise Thor's pants on this Avengers version. He looks like he is wearing depends with a bunched-up behind unless he is in a action pose. I guess they wanted to give more material for wider stances. Gotta futz with them to move the material around.

The chest armor piece accentuates it as well, they were trying to give him a pronounced V cut at the lower piece at the waist up through the shoulders.

Back