Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the ____, all they had to do was get the likeness close and I would have bought, utter fail of a headsculpt. Hopefully it gets fixed before release.

Posting this again but I will prolly do this.

V1 head with V2 hair and body

383526_10150907435819575_777374574_12158335_1003521607_ncopy.jpg

How you gonna combine the hair with the v1 HS?

Thought I'd have a play with it.

Just touching the eyes and hair line, I think, brings it a little closer to Hemsworth. But that furrowed brow really does hurt it.

View attachment 46845

Last edited:
I like this new one. But I better be able to remove the sleeves.

I will still buy it either way.

This new Thor is definitely "buyer beware." People won't be able to give this figure away if they do a decent v3 in the future and since we're still missing the sleeveless look they just might.

I like the body on this compared to the first one. The head sculpt is also better but it looks nothing like the actor. I'm gonna save my money and hope the Black Widow is better then this.

I swear, did the sculptor even look at ANY reference material? Wth?? It has hints of him, which to me means this sculptor did this based off of memory.

Doesn't look bad (but not close enough to the actor). I'm just bothered by this head looking far too small on the body they used.

I normally am happier with headsculpts and likeness from HT than most people here, but even I have to admit this one is very bad. If I had to guess the same sculpter who did Kevin Flynn did this. They aren't very good at guys with beards SO STOP USING THEM! :lol

This guy is in serious need of a resculpt. The V1 looks better actually! :google

Like others, my first instinct was confusion and then I couldn't help but laugh at the horrible head sculpt. I'm just glad I didn't sell my V1 after that initial side shot we saw a few days ago :lol

Whoomp, there it is.

Posting this again but I will prolly do this.

V1 head with V2 hair and body

383526_10150907435819575_777374574_12158335_1003521607_ncopy.jpg
I'm thinking I'll keep the V1 sculpt, and use my modified helmet on the V2 body. . .funny that HT is forcing me to do more and more mix-matching and customization to get decent looking figures on the shelf.

Dammit, now I'm apprehensive as to how Han and Anakin will turn out.
Seeing their Indy and Luke didn't already make you a bit apprehensive about that?

Back