Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None of HT's Iron Man figures are proper scale in relation to their other figures. Closest they've ever gotten is probably the Mark I, but even then I'm not sure about that.

If they made Iron man taller I might just do what I said I'd never do and buy...Im a sucker for accurate height scale.

Part of what sold me on this Thor is the dimensionality of the torso armor. I really like the first Thor, but it looks very flat compared to the new one.

Part of what sold me on this Thor is the dimensionality of the torso armor. I really like the first Thor, but it looks very flat compared to the new one.

Thats what I was thinking too, I understand the face isn't the best but there is no way its worse than the First Avenger or Avenger Cap in regards to similarities to the actors. They don't look a bit better for likeness to me.

sans_t25.jpg

If they made Iron man taller I might just do what I said I'd never do and buy...Im a sucker for accurate height scale.

It's not even about height for me, it's about the overall width of the body. IM figures have always been too thin. They've managed to alleviate that somewhat for the newer Mark II figure, but with the Mark III, IV, V, and VI, there is no way that anyone could imagine a standard True-Type body could fit in there.

Anyway, I'm glad this new Thor is bulkier than the first (which was too thin, just like the IM figures), but now it makes the Mark VI look even worse out of scale.

Hopefully HT fixes that issue with the Mark 7.

I watched part of the making of the first Iron man and the helmet was so close you wouldn't have thought a person could even get their head inside. I wonder if the whole suit is made that closely to the body so it just appears like a person couldn't get in. You have to figure they used molded plastic with nothing else inside they could get it very tight to the body. I don't recall his height standing directly next to someone but that could be off a bit. It would be nice to have a perfectly sized figure to specs for sure!

Sure, I have no doubt the cgi model of IM in the film's are thinned a bit compared to the real prop suit, but even then it didn't break suspension of belief. In The Avengers, IM looked right when standing with the rest of the team. He's taller and bigger than everyone except Thor (and of course, Hulk), and that's the way it should be. With the HT line of figures, that may not be the case.

I wonder if the new Avengers Cap figure will be taller than the Mark 6. My bet is on "yes".

Sure, I have no doubt the cgi model of IM in the film's are thinned a bit compared to the real prop suit, but even then it didn't break suspension of belief. In The Avengers, IM looked right when standing with the rest of the team. He's taller and bigger than everyone except Thor (and of course, Hulk), and that's the way it should be. With the HT line of figures, that may not be the case.

I wonder if the new Avengers Cap figure will be taller than the Mark 6. My bet is on "yes".

It said I believe he was 31cm where the first Thor and Iron man were only 30cm and this new Thor is 32cm so Im happy.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl :yess:

Yep. Historically everything has evolved very differently here.
In Russia "comic book" = something disgusting and retarded.
Not for everyone ofcourse... but still for 90% of R-population for sure :monkey4

That seems crazy, Im still amazed at how much comic books have impacted the world. Think of how much money, jobs and entertainment they have created. That would have sucked not having that as a kid, that and GI joe was pretty much my life...

Back