Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing that's killing me about this figure is the release date. I mean really? December?! Why do these have to be so spaced out?

The new one suffers too much expression that's why it destroys the resemblance of Hemsworth

Nah, I'm glad they finally got some expression on his face.

He's the God Of Thunder! Not a Costco cashier! :rock2

The only thing that's killing me about this figure is the release date. I mean really? December?! Why do these have to be so spaced out?

Because the trees they grow on only bloom once a year. :violin

Twhore...

03feb2012thorgirl_ck-170x226.jpg

well...the head sculpt doesn't bother me anymore. just pre-ordered him! they just HAD to unveil Loki didnt they. my wallet is depleting! i'm probably gonna pre-order Hawkeye tomorrow though! :yess:

OK, I think that we need to start developing a more realistic outlook for head sculpts and how real they are (or not).

Expectations, perception of perfection, and delivery of such...and that people are expecting perfect sculpts every single time is fantastically unbalanced and unrealistic.

The people that make these - and please note, I am referring to all artists and not just the artists that work for companies like HT, ENTERBAY, MEDICOM etc - are indeed artists but they are also human beings. They are not machines. They do an amazing job most of the time, one that I know that I certainly cannot. My admiration for such ones grows every time a new figure with a 'bang-on-nailed' sculpt comes along.

When one with a less than perfect attempt (again, totally subjective) comes along, I may make one of two hopefully constructive comments and then cut them some slack, because I know that I could not do it any better.

I do NOT then harp on and on endlessly about how bad it is, how much like a totally different actor it looks like, and how useless the artists is, or question how they are even still working, how far off the mark they are, or how 'other artists' are much better....

Like I said, unbalanced and unrealistic. It is also not only referring to head-sculpts, I think that we need to generally need to reign in our unrealistic expectations anyway really.

Last edited:
that pic looks fantastic im so glad i pre ordered thor, i keep thinking how cool these lot will look on my shelf. Im hoping I can pick up a background image somewhere to put up behind them all

and with regards to that does anyone know where or how i could pick one of them up/ or make my own

I'm not getting this. I'll wait for the Thor 2 version. It will surely be superior, but if that also turn out like crap I'll get the Avengers 2 version, though if the sculpt doesn't look good I'll get the Thor 3 version. If I'm also not happy with that figure then I'll just get the Avengers 3 version, regardless of how it looks since it will be my last chance to purchase one.

I'm not getting this. I'll wait for the Thor 2 version. It will surely be superior, but if that also turn out like crap I'll get the Avengers 2 version, though if the sculpt doesn't look good I'll get the Thor 3 version. If I'm also not happy with that figure then I'll just get the Avengers 3 version, regardless of how it looks since it will be my last chance to purchase one.

Then when you finally have the fig, all the Marvel movies and hype have gone
past and you'll just wonder why you even bothered to buy it :monkey1

:rotfl :peace

Yah, cause everyone will be all hyped up about the Marvel reboot with an all new cast and super exact likeness of the walking-talking little android figures :))

Yeah, lighting does wonders, looks like the promo pics
have too much shadows on the face

case solved
so..what do we nitpick next? the hammer?

:monkey3

I'm not spending any money on this figure unless the head sculpt is close to perfect.

These figures are just to expensive now to buy ones that are sub par efforts.

I sort of understand what you are saying by this as the quality should be very damn good considering the price! I am ordering it because he's my all-time favorite character and Im not sure the face sculpt bothers me as much as most. I like the body waaaay more than the first Thor, the only thing that I don't like is no helmet but not much can be done, no helmet in the movie = no helmet. I am sort of thinking when people see the sleeveless version, it might seem a bit lacking. I'd rather he looked like Thor than a wrestler or worse, Dog the bounty hunter.

Back