Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Courtesy of Michael Crawford, here's a photo from SDCC showing the same stupid head.

sdcc2012_sideshow_hottoys_7.jpg

I don't even think they've been bothered to smooth out the mask either :slap

Courtesy of Michael Crawford, here's a photo from SDCC showing the same stupid head.

sdcc2012_sideshow_hottoys_7.jpg

Wow this shot makes the figure look just terrible imo... Looks like they just re-used every part from the classic predator head and body, repainted it to resemble P2 and then slapped on some poorly sculpted P2 armor... And we all know whey they just laid the mask down flat instead of putting it on an extra head off to the side... To me this P2 just looks all wrong and HT has got a lot of work to do if they're gonna salvage this figure. And I am not just say this because I own the first HT P2, but at this point the original reminds me more of the actually Predator from the movie.. disproportionate body and all.

What exactly does "poorly-sculpted" mean? There's no lack of skill here, just lack of attention.

I will say that seeing this in person was quite impressive. The head's definitely grown on me, but it could be because they went with the open-mouthed look. Maybe I'm just blinded by the stellar paint apps and improved level of overall detail. However inaccurate it is... it does indeed look nice. I'll take what I can, it's unlikely HT will revamp the piece and they probably won't redo him again. Not for a while, anyway (seeing as they're including battle-damaged parts).
And no, they haven't changed the helmet.

2uff0j9.jpg

9idbv9.jpg

v8kn5s.jpg

f1dteb.jpg

2zz6f6o.jpg

Helmet looks much better in your(?) photos, but after seeing the LSB I can't stand the sight of HT's mostly rehash head sculpt.

The greenish/blueish corrosion effect on the armor is cool.

Helmet looks much better in your(?) photos, but after seeing the LSB I can't stand the sight of HT's mostly rehash head sculpt.

The greenish/blueish corrosion effect on the armor is cool.

Funnily enough, I tried to get the best shot of the helmet I could to capture the texture for you guys. If it's not that bad to you there, then I guess that's a good thing. :)

I keep telling myself, this is the prototype.
I hope the final released product gets the paint app as close to this as possible. This one looks amazing in that department.

I'll pay $1000 to anyone who can scuplt me a more accurate P2 Predator than what's being offered by HT.

Don't have a P2 in my collection either, so this will have to do.

Yeah, it will have to do.:(

i think i will go back to collecting neca predators and have a pro paint job put on them.

Probs cheaper too.:lol

I'll pay $1000 to anyone who can scuplt me a more accurate P2 Predator than what's being offered by HT.

In case you didn't see there's a guy over at NECA (;)) who's P2 sculpt is far superior than Tsangs. Pay up!

I'm digging this P2 since, as a figure, he looks gorgeous and will display beautifully with my other HT Predators. If NECA fixes their netting and steps up the paint apps on their upcoming 1/4 (I'll temporarily refrain from saying 1/5 because it looks ENORMOUS in person), I'll buy that as well. It'll satisfy my need for a more dynamic, epic display.

Back